Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:34 pm

But even with those players (Mutch not so much) there is still not something right with the away games, even the ones we have won. I think Malky will sort it, i hope so. Not matter how good home form is, we need to atleast draw most of our away and win the odd one.

Got to go in work tomoz with a load of jacks :/

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:34 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:Sorry Carl but hes not the man for the job.

Its shit or bust this season we need to act now.

David Blunkett can see Malky is tactically inept.

New man in 2 months to keep us in the fold then identify whats needed in January.

tactically inept but took us to penalties in the Carling Cup final against Liverpool, the playoffs despite losing almost the entire squad, to our best ever home start to a season and 3rd in the league...two points from the top.

Tactically inept?????

Tbh I think MM has been a bit naive and bowed to the media and fans pressure.
I think he had a way of playing away which would have took time in a 4-5-1 but players had to adapt. He jumped off it under pressure and that's a shame.

I agree, he has bowed to pressure if he wants the width (we do) needs to drop a striker for whitts or kimbo

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:36 pm

Good to read a post with little knee-jerk reaction Carlos , but this away form needs to be addressed and therein for me , lies the problem ! Defensive frailties have been evident for all to see , particularly on the road - 5 tonight , 4 at Brizzle , Forest & Palace 3 and yet with all the money & time available Malky has failed , with one exception to strengthen our back 4 and that has to be hugely worrying ! Surely , he's not happy with the performance levels away from the CCS ?! He now has little option to change poor defensive performance levels simply due to lack of suitable personnel & his own intransigent formation/tactics on the road ! For me the time to act is now before we lose touch at the top- Malky lacks nous , flexibility and I believe the talent to take us up . If the board dont act sooner rather than later , I feel we'll miss out on a great chance of reaching the EPL next May !

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:37 pm

Tell me my dear carlccfc ,at what point does warning people not to overact becomes complacency

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:38 pm

mjw6150 wrote:

New man in 2 months to keep us in the fold then identify whats needed in January.

tactically inept but took us to penalties in the Carling Cup final against Liverpool, the playoffs despite losing almost the entire squad, to our best ever home start to a season and 3rd in the league...two points from the top.

Tactically inept?????

Hi Malky

Mario Polotelli wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:

Tactically inept?????

Hi Malky

:lol: sounds a bit like the riddler dont he.
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ask a Wolves' fan whether sacking your manager with no replacement lined up is a good move.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:40 pm

Just seen the goals from tonight and our defence is shit - end of. We can kiss promotion goodbye again this season unless Malky can sort it out. :(

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:40 pm

If we dont go up this season, we never will!

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:41 pm

OhhhGa wrote:Ask a Wolves' fan whether sacking your manager with no replacement lined up is a good move.

Completely different sorry Ga.

They didnt have one of the best squads in the division with one of the biggest budgets / backing from the owners.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:42 pm

carlccfc wrote:Of course something is not right, we are beating everyone at home but our away form has been shocking on times.

Tonight was unbelievable, it showed again to me that we need further strengthening, full backs in particular.

But to call for Malky out is absolutely ridiculous, he has to sort out the away form but no matter what we say on here or in the stands, we are still at the right end of the table and that is down to Malky Mackay.

A call for calm I suppose, we can ask questions but lets not overreact.

We do got need strengthening to beat the likes of Charlton. I am struggling to recall one team that challenged for promotion that collapsed like that.

I'll tell you what is wrong and its the stigma that hangs over Cardiff City when it comes to bottling it. Dave Jones started it all and could not overcome it. I've seen enough now to say Malky is not up to overcoming it. We need a manager in who can grab this stigma by the neck and throw it out. The sooner the better before it is too late.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:42 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:Ask a Wolves' fan whether sacking your manager with no replacement lined up is a good move.

Completely different sorry Ga.

They didnt have one of the best squads in the division with one of the biggest budgets / backing from the owners.

Polo you know fine well ga will try to cover up anything if he was a dog he would shit on the kerb then try to cover the smell up by planting a rose next to it ffs. :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:44 pm

Einstein wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Of course something is not right, we are beating everyone at home but our away form has been shocking on times.

Tonight was unbelievable, it showed again to me that we need further strengthening, full backs in particular.

But to call for Malky out is absolutely ridiculous, he has to sort out the away form but no matter what we say on here or in the stands, we are still at the right end of the table and that is down to Malky Mackay.

We need a striker to replace Maynard, Turner is not right and Mason is overrated.

Mason scored mun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:44 pm

Marshall had a facking nightmare mate, it's no fun playing when your keeper drops an easy catch and then let's an easy free kick fly in, the attackers did their job, Noone must be facking gutted !!!!

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:46 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Einstein wrote:

We need a striker to replace Maynard, Turner is not right and Mason is overrated.

Losing 5-4 and your answer to that is a striker? Oh c'mon people.

We need two bloody good full backs....but we DO need a striker too. Unlucky to lose NM but MM has to get a replacement. HH is too slow. We hit long balls to him all the time and while he does jump well for his height he doesn't do well when up against two big CBs. Malky needs to act now before it's too late. :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:48 pm

moonboots wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Einstein wrote:

We need two bloody good full backs....but we DO need a striker too. Unlucky to lose NM but MM has to get a replacement. HH is too slow. We hit long balls to him all the time and while he does jump well for his height he doesn't do well when up against two big CBs. Malky needs to act now before it's too late. :ayatollah:

dont need striker we score but cannot keep clean sheet thats the problem!!

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:58 pm

did anyone noticed who set up gunnersun goal??? yess rudey!!!!! :lol:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
moonboots wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Einstein wrote:

dont need striker we score but cannot keep clean sheet thats the problem!!

A team defends from the front. HH is too slow to close people down. Also we hit too many long balls to him which come straight back at us. If we hqad a proper target man who could hold the ball up or if we played a bit more football by actaually passing the ball through midfield we would have the ball more and the opposition less. While I agree we do need to strengthen the defence we need a striker too. :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:16 pm

last season away from home we lost only 4 games all season.. already this year we have lost 5 out of 8.

kev needs to come in, he was mr consistent last yr and although his distribution is questionable, defensively hes good...

we also need a midfield ball winner who away from home can break up the play and stop the opposition... cowie is not good enough to do this... while with the ball cowie isnt bad, but on the back foot he struggles...

ive just watched 3 goals we conceded tonight and there was not a centre back insight, shocking marking... allowing them the amount of time and space... turner is struggling to fit back in and is costing us ..

gutted by the manor of the performance tonight and alarmed by the amount of goals we are conceding against teams..

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:19 am

Malky needs to go , he been found out yet again and yet again has no plan B. It just not good enough

We missed a trick with not getting Ian Holloway in , its time to Get Harry in if this Club has an serious ambition of getting promoted . Last night we were a joke and everyone is talking the piss out of us and laughing at us , which says it all

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:50 am

This is my first post. I don't want to start off on a negative but shipping 5 goals away to a very average team has seriously pi$$ed me off.

We cannot let our home form cover the problems this season. We have won every game fair enough, but we've only played teams from outside the top 10 with the exception of Huddersfield, and lets be fair that win was a bit fortunate. I honestly can't see any of those we have beaten at home challenging for promotion this year.

We've got to strengthen at the back.

Unfortunately our two highest profile signinigs have picked up injuries - but when they are Bellamy and Maynard, is anyone really surprised?

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:24 am

Our away form will pick up, then we will win the league.

Chill. 8-)

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:38 pm

It appears to me that if the fans can't get behind their team when things are going well (top going into last night's match and third after it) then a nervousness and hesitancy are bound to get into the team, which will lead to mistakes.
Get behind the team and keep the faith and I'm sure it won't be long before Cardiff are joining Wales' first (and at present only) Premier League side in the promised land

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:42 pm

pembroke allan wrote:did anyone noticed who set up gunnersun goal??? yess rudey!!!!! :lol:

Rudy set up Noone's as well, so 2 assists! :)

Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:18 pm

This is one of the great mysteries to me, the fact that Malky was a defender and yet the weakest part of our team is our defence. We need to stop as many crosses coming in as we can, not just improve how we deal with them when they do come in.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:33 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:did anyone noticed who set up gunnersun goal??? yess rudey!!!!! :lol:

Rudy set up Noone's as well, so 2 assists! :)

When hoofing hopefull balls into the box.

Perhaps thats where we are going wrong away from home.

We should just go old Wimbledon style :lol:

Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:34 pm

Some of the stuff this man comes up with is too hilarious... David Blunkett can see Malky is tactically inept :lol: :lol:
Last edited by CardiffBatman888 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:35 pm

hairofthedog wrote: but we've only played teams from outside the top 10 with the exception of Huddersfield, and lets be fair that win was a bit fortunate. I honestly can't see any of those we have beaten at home challenging for promotion this year.

But all of the teams we've played (with the exception of Watford) were in the Top 10 when we beat them :roll: As a result they are no longer in the Top 10 aside from Huddersfield and Burnley.

In fact I don't think a run of home games of Huddersfield, Wolves, Leeds, Blackpool, Birmingham, Watford and Burnley could be classed as easy by any stretch of the imagination. Indeed, if you look at the current Top 10 do you really think Palace, Brighton and Burnley will be challenging in May ? I don't.

The next two home games, Hull and Boro, are really tough. If we get 4 points out of those two then we'll be pretty well set despite the poor away form.

The away form does need sorting but let's not belittle what's been achieved at home :roll: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:04 pm

'we are at the right end of the table and that is down to Malky Mackay'

No it is down to Malaysian coin!! I could get Cardiff promoted with the money at Malky's disposal. And my managerial experience is fkg zilch. DJ was the same, any half decent manager would piss this league with our fkg money :( :evil:

Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:09 pm

RUSHWALES wrote:Taylor needs to be dropped put mcnaughton there and drop Marshall and Cowie

Agreed,Taylor cant man mark to save his f*cking life,he allows his opponent too much space both home and away hes f*cking crap.bring back Lee Naylor :lol: :lol: only kidding