Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:14 pm

Of course something is not right, we are beating everyone at home but our away form has been shocking on times.

Tonight was unbelievable, it showed again to me that we need further strengthening, full backs in particular.

But to call for Malky out is absolutely ridiculous, he has to sort out the away form but no matter what we say on here or in the stands, we are still at the right end of the table and that is down to Malky Mackay.

A call for calm I suppose, we can ask questions but lets not overreact.

Re: SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:15 pm

carlccfc wrote:Of course something is not right, we are beating everyone at home but our away form has been shocking on times.

Tonight was unbelievable, it showed again to me that we need further strengthening, full backs in particular.

But to call for Malky out is absolutely ridiculous, he has to sort out the away form but no matter what we say on here or in the stands, we are still at the right end of the table and that is down to Malky Mackay.

We need a striker to replace Maynard, Turner is not right and Mason is overrated.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:16 pm

The players prefer to play in peace and quiet at our stadium. :lol:

Einstein wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Of course something is not right, we are beating everyone at home but our away form has been shocking on times.

We need a striker to replace Maynard, Turner is not right and Mason is overrated.

Losing 5-4 and your answer to that is a striker? Oh c'mon people.

You need some Fire and Passion lads. ;)

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:17 pm

Sorry Carl but hes not the man for the job.

Its shit or bust this season we need to act now.

David Blunkett can see Malky is tactically inept.

New man in 2 months to keep us in the fold then identify whats needed in January.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:17 pm

We don't do calm, especially this season :( :( :( :(

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:18 pm

Agree with you call. Fullback is weakest area but Malky should not have got rid of Heaton.

strengthen??? we do well at home but not away..............same players. Attitude and tactics come in to play surely?

With the money VT has given MM this season, if we weren't at the right end of the table, it would be virtually impossible in my view. I'd say it was far more down to VT than Malky that we are near the top.

However, money can only do so much, and we need a Manager who is not going to go all timid and play defensively when we get into winning positions - MM is no better than DJ for me.
Last edited by Die Walkure on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

But the signs are there Carl. We won't win every home game so where will the points come from? Do you honestly think we will beat hull and boro? I predict we will lose both.
I'm not bothered about promotion and the fascination with the prem league. But I am sick of us churning out this kind of pathetic collapse season after season. We will be outside the top 6 very soon.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Sorry Carl but hes not the man for the job.

New man in 2 months to keep us in the fold then identify whats needed in January.

WHO????

Seriously -I'm struggling to think of any realistic candidates. I'm not saying keep Malky or bin him, but who would you pick??? Someone with my experience I guess?

Taylor needs to be dropped put mcnaughton there and drop Marshall and Cowie

Out of interest, when was the last time a Cardiff side lost a game after leading by two goals twice in nine league games? Hoping someone will know.

I'm willing to give Malky time but unfortunately we haven't got any defenders as back up to make any changes to the defence. Last season we played with very little width and had a lot of bodies in the centre of midfield, this season we have a plethora of wide men. It's not really surprising that we are struggling to be as solid as last season. At least it's entertaining at home, let's hope that continues in the next two games.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:21 pm

Sit back after tasking leads thats whats not right carl :(

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:22 pm

There is no patience since the re-brand. The lucky red kits, the £10 million spent, the positive news being pumped out by VT...........Malky has to deliver this season or people will go bonkers.
Conceding 5 goals to a shite Charlton side is a disaster and the buck stops with Malky. He bought the players he wanted, he picked the side........he uses his tactics. Its a shambles.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:24 pm

Carl you have to blame Malky for some of this, he has been given full financial backing by VT , he's had the funds but hasn't bought the tools . Surely that's his fault , anyone can see we need a full back and a replacement for Maynard !!!

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:25 pm

Hard to stay calm after that! WTF is going on MM

If we play 442 with 2 out & out wingers we better score 4 goals because a midfield of Cowie and whitts is going to be vulnerable. We may get away with it at home but away no.
Time to go 433 and bring Kiss on to beef it up

How many of us were worried when Charlton came back from 2-nil down I know I was and that is worrying we get a lead then lose it quickly and realise what will happen. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Playing in an atmosphere scares them senseless, i reckon we sign an atmosphere so they become accustom ? :? :?
Last edited by Taff on the Mersey on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

just saw goals ffs couldnt make it up so bad it would be an insult to sunday pub team!!!

Where is Mutch? 7 weeks out with a stubbed toe FFS

There must be something we don't know surely :roll:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:26 pm

BobBankLoyalist wrote:

WHO????

Seriously -I'm struggling to think of any realistic candidates. I'm not saying keep Malky or bin him, but who would you pick??? Someone with my experience I guess?

Its an attractive job im sure there will be some top candidates

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:26 pm

Pricey wrote:Where is Mutch? 7 weeks out with a stubbed toe FFS

There must be something we don't know surely :roll:

He has a nerv problem in the bottom of his foot. Basically it's better when it's better.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:28 pm

tactically inept but took us to penalties in the Carling Cup final against Liverpool, the playoffs despite losing almost the entire squad, to our best ever home start to a season and 3rd in the league...two points from the top.

Tactically inept?????

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:29 pm

Our midfield four today must have been one of the lightest in football history, who was going to put a foot in and win the ball back especially when we were under pressure, I know we defended badly but what protection is there for the back four from Frei, Whitts, Cowie and Noone plus we were 4-2 down before Malky worked out there was a problem 5-2 before we got the players on and that delay cost us a point.

Malky needs to wise up fast because the pressure will build, who we sign in January will settle our fate no losing tonight

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:30 pm

CHRIS PIKE wrote:

Carl you have to blame Malky for some of this, he has been given full financial backing by VT , he's had the funds but hasn't bought the tools . Surely that's his fault , anyone can see we need a full back and a replacement for Maynard !!!

We're 3rd in the league, two points from the top with 7 wins from 7 at home!!!! Malky will sort out the away record and he will add the right players to the team.

It's not Malky's fault Maynard, Bellamy and Mutch...our biggest signings, have all had injury nightmares since joining.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:30 pm

mjw6150 wrote:

tactically inept but took us to penalties in the Carling Cup final against Liverpool, the playoffs despite losing almost the entire squad, to our best ever home start to a season and 3rd in the league...two points from the top.

Tactically inept?????

Tbh I think MM has been a bit naive and bowed to the media and fans pressure.
I think he had a way of playing away which would have took time in a 4-5-1 but players had to adapt. He jumped off it under pressure and that's a shame.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:33 pm

mjw6150 wrote:
CHRIS PIKE wrote:

We're 3rd in the league, two points from the top with 7 wins from 7 at home!!!! Malky will sort out the away record and he will add the right players to the team.
Fullback ?????????????????? Taylor is shit, we all know he isthe weakest link in the team !!!!

It's not Malky's fault Maynard, Bellamy and Mutch...our biggest signings, have all had injury nightmares since joining.