Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Is the Gower part of Swansea?

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:05 pm

I know mate, hence my condescending tone. Bit of a f*cking knob really ain't he

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:17 pm

we all know the swansea boundary shows gower in swansea so been there worn tshirt on this subject!!

Good, glad we cleared that up. You might want to have a quiet word in gareth(wilts) ear. He continues to cringeworthingly deny the blatantly obvious. You at least have seen sense.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:20 pm

Magic daps wrote:
we all know the swansea boundary shows gower in swansea so been there worn tshirt on this subject!!

Good, glad we cleared that up. You might want to have a quiet word in gareth(wilts) ear. He continues to cringeworthingly deny the blatantly obvious. You at least have seen sense.

nah not seen sense just cant be assed to argue a never ending debate! but it is in boundary of swansea but then again if ask gower residents they wont be happy to be classed as swansea!!!! unless swans fan!! :lol:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:24 pm

pembroke allan wrote:ffs 3rd world war almost started last time this was discussed!!!! :lol: its got swansea post code but 12 miles away! i am 50miles away got swansea post code am i part swansea??>???

There is a sign welcoming you to gower as you pass the last house in upper Killy, and start to cross the north gower common to three crosses. Are you saying that upper killay is also 12 miles outside of Swansea?

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:24 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
rb1976 wrote:I did wonder why this was reposted by MD. I have a sneaky suspicion it's something to do with the result tonight at Charltons, completed unrelated to said topic. Perhaps the fella's lonely and needs to reengage with us on the only subject he's comfortable with :?: who knows?

actually its years old this topic never ending story really!! :D

yes it is part of swansea they call themselves jacks and anyway why do you want to know that :?:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:25 pm

llanellijack wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
rb1976 wrote:I did wonder why this was reposted by MD. I have a sneaky suspicion it's something to do with the result tonight at Charltons, completed unrelated to said topic. Perhaps the fella's lonely and needs to reengage with us on the only subject he's comfortable with :?: who knows?

actually its years old this topic never ending story really!! :D

yes it is part of swansea they call themselves jacks and anyway why do you want to know that :?:

mmmm i dont??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:49 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Magic daps wrote:

nah not seen sense just cant be assed to argue a never ending debate! but it is in boundary of swansea but then again if ask gower residents they wont be happy to be classed as swansea!!!! unless swans fan!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: What a load of nonsense. I've lived in the Gower for nearly 20 years and there's no anti Swans feeling.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:54 pm

Magic daps wrote:Anyone up for a discussion on whether or not the Gower is part of Swansea?
I'll start.......
It is.

its full of dirty swans riddled with them...
It's technically what barry is to cardiff........

it leads right onto swansea so technically u can regard it jackland also

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:33 am

No.

That's like saying Wigan is in Manchester.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:21 am

JonCCFC wrote:No.

That's like saying Wigan is in Manchester.

Taken from the official City and County of Swansea's website...

Physical DescriptionThe new City and County covers an area of 378 square kilometres (146 square miles), about 2% of the area of Wales.
Extending from Rhossili Down at the western edge of the Gower Peninsula to Kilvey Hill, Crymlyn Bog and the slopes of the Drummau Mountain on the eastern border with Neath Port Talbot; and from Mumbles Head and the sweep of Swansea Bay in the south to the 1200 ft. ridge of Mynydd y Gwair overlooking the Amman Valley in the north, the new City and County covers an area of 378 square kilometres (146 square miles), about 2% of the area of Wales.

The City and County can be broadly divided into 4 physical areas. In the north, the Lliw Uplands present an open moorland feature; the Gower Peninsula in the west, a rural landscape with contrasting coasts and a collection of small villages; the urban and suburban centre stretching from Swansea to Gorseinon and Pontarddulais; and the coastal strip around Swansea Bay, no more than 2 miles in width.
http://www.swansea.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=139

Taken from Martin Caton's (M.P for Gower) website...

Gower is an astonishingly diverse constituency comprising the old fishing village and seaside resort of Mumbles and its invirons to the south of Swansea city centre; the Gower peninsula to its west, the first Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in Britain and to the north-west and north the Lliw Vlley region has a rich industrial history grounded in coal and steel. Some 76,000 people live in Gower and its population gre by 1.7% between 2001 and 2004. These make up around 31,300 households. The Constituency lies entirely within the borders of the City & County of Swansea. It is by far the biggest Parliamentary constituency of the three that make up the local authority and also has the largest electorate (approx 61,700). About 23% of the population is of retirement age.
http://www.martin-caton.co.uk/working_hard_for_you

Still reckon Gower is not part of Swansea?

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:38 am

Whats the title of your post?

If you were in doubt read your last post

Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:01 pm

You can see how desperate he is to let people know it's part of Swansea because the only good thing that Swansea has is a football team :lol: Clearly jealous of our great city. :ayatollah: