Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do we need a target man ?

Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:21 pm

I have been thinking about this recently, but whilst watching last nights game the movement of Long and Odemwingie do we need a target man is this old fashioned nowadays.

Could we play bellers Mason(Velikonja) and Noon up front as a three, lot of movement and pace. The only problem would be Ben Turners automatic hoof upfield, but with the passing ability of our midfield we could rip teams apart.

Re: Do we need a target man ?

Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:06 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I have been thinking about this recently, but whilst watching last nights game the movement of Long and Odemwingie do we need a target man is this old fashioned nowadays.

Could we play bellers Mason(Velikonja) and Noon up front as a three, lot of movement and pace. The only problem would be Ben Turners automatic hoof upfield, but with the passing ability of our midfield we could rip teams apart.

No we dont, Regarding Turner i personally think he should be dropped and Connolly back in the middle.
If people disagree re Turner i suggest you watch him closely all he does is long balls back to oppsosition and also panics with the ball at his feet.
Connolly is far more accomplished with the ball and works well alongside Hudson. :ayatollah: