Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vs Charlton - Score predictions

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:01 am

Im hoping for a draw anything away these days is better than nothing even though we should be winning vs teams like this :ayatollah:
1-1

I predicit a big shake up in the squad selection tonight ;)

Re: Vs Charlton - Score predictions

Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:11 am

bluebird1977 wrote:Im hoping for a draw anything away these days is better than nothing even though we should be winning vs teams like this :ayatollah:
1-1

I'm hoping for a win, because I'll be there - in fact, I'm confident we'll win tonight.

I'm going for 2-0.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:12 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:Im hoping for a draw anything away these days is better than nothing even though we should be winning vs teams like this :ayatollah:
1-1

I'm hoping for a win, because I'll be there - in fact, I'm confident we'll win tonight.

I'm going for 2-0.

Hope so also but can not see it even if we go 1-0 up i can see a draw :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:19 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
1-1

I'm going for 2-0.

Hope so also but can not see it even if we go 1-0 up i can see a draw :ayatollah:

I've seen 3 defeats out of my 3 aways so far (Brizzle, Palace and Forest), so I have to break my duck! Surely?!!

:D

Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:21 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
1-1

I'm going for 2-0.

I've seen 3 defeats out of my 3 aways so far (Brizzle, Palace and Forest), so I have to break my duck! Surely?!!

Its you i think your a jinx please dont go :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:46 am

Charlton have the worst home record in the Championship, ranked 23 of 23, and we have the 20th (of 23) ranked away defensive unit. So far Charlton have only scored 5 goals in thier 7 home games and we have scored 10 goals in our 7 away games.

Hopefully Charlton will struggle to score and we will get our normal away goal or two and come home with the points. 3-1 to city in my opinion.

My biggest concern tonight is the referee Keith Stroud as we have taken only 1 point from the last 5 games he has been in charge, that was the 1-1 away draw at Norwich the season before last. Besides that we have lost 3-1 at home to both Brighton and Blackpool last season, 2-0 at home to Barnsley in 2009/10 and who will ever forget the 6-0 drubbing at Preston back in 2008/09.

We are well overdue awin with this guy in charge but I thought the same with Tony Bates on Saturday :o

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:51 am

castleblue wrote:Charlton have the worst home record in the Championship, ranked 23 of 23, and we have the 20th (of 23) ranked away defensive unit. So far Charlton have only scored 5 goals in thier 7 home games and we have scored 10 goals in our 7 away games.

Hopefully Charlton will struggle to score and we will get our normal away goal or two and come home with the points. 3-1 to city in my opinion.

My biggest concern tonight is the referee Keith Stroud as we have taken only 1 point from the last 5 games he has been in charge, that was the 1-1 away draw at Norwich the season before last. Besides that we have lost 3-1 at home to both Brighton and Blackpool last season, 2-0 at home to Barnsley in 2009/10 and who will ever forget the 6-0 drubbing at Preston back in 2008/09.

We are well overdue awin with this guy in charge but I thought the same with Tony Bates on Saturday :o

If we attack from start to finish not score and sit back and we all know by now what happens going off away games since xmas after going 1-0 up in most, i dont think the ref will make any diffrence if we do this we can win, charlton as shit at home so we need to take the game to them otherwise i see nothing but a draw at best. Some intresting points in your post though :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:59 am

Just topped up my petrol at Asda in Leckwith! Now waiting for my mates to come round so I can start the damn car to Charlton! This will be my 3rd away trip and I have the same bad feeling about tonight's away game. Already imagining that same long miserable drive back to Cardiff .....

Charlton 2-1 but hopefully I will be wrong and I will be super happy if we Win. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:33 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
castleblue wrote:Charlton have the worst home record in the Championship, ranked 23 of 23, and we have the 20th (of 23) ranked away defensive unit. So far Charlton have only scored 5 goals in thier 7 home games and we have scored 10 goals in our 7 away games.

If we attack from start to finish not score and sit back and we all know by now what happens going off away games since xmas after going 1-0 up in most, i dont think the ref will make any diffrence if we do this we can win, charlton as shit at home so we need to take the game to them otherwise i see nothing but a draw at best. Some intresting points in your post though :ayatollah:

I agree we need to "Impose" ourselves on teams like Charlton and do it from start to finish, if we do that I'm convinced we will be coming home with 3 points.

Still nervous about tonights referee though but not as nervous as the one on Saturday as we haven't won a game with him in charge since 2004. :shock:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:51 am

Charlton Athletic 1-4 Cardiff City HT 1-1 :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:55 am

Chartlon have a similar psycological problem at home as we do away, the only difference is the 2:1 goal ratio in our favour.
Time we stepped up a gear away and think we should win it 2-1 :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:05 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:Charlton Athletic 1-4 Cardiff City HT 1-1 :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

:shock: pint of what your drinking please :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:34 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:Charlton Athletic 1-4 Cardiff City HT 1-1 :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Mystic meg :lol: :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:26 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:

I dont think what hes taken comes in a pint :lol:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:51 pm

Charlton 0 - 2 Cardiff (Noone and Whittingham)

Charlton shouldn't scare us.

I can see City being fired up for this after the weekend and everyone banging on about the away form.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:51 pm

NickPenarth wrote:Charlton 0 - 2 Cardiff (Noone and Whittingham)

Charlton shouldn't scare us.

I can see City being fired up for this after the weekend and everyone banging on about the away form.

Everyone been banging on about the away form since xmas nick, when will it change :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:01 pm

I can feel a thumping coming on tonight, 4-1 to The Bluebirds, Helguson, Whittingham, Noone & Frei!

Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:03 pm

0-1 to city :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Should win but I think it will be a sloppy 1-0 win. Could go either way will be a close match

Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:31 pm

0-4 city

Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:39 pm

milly44 wrote:0-4 city

f**k me milly you been on the cheap larger again, we have to be greatfull with 3-4 shots on target away from home the last 6months let alone a 4-0 win :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:21 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
milly44 wrote:0-4 city

f**k me milly you been on the cheap larger again, we have to be greatfull with 3-4 shots on target away from home the last 6months let alone a 4-0 win :lol: :ayatollah:

I was sort of right :(

Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:11 pm

None of us saw that coming did we. Notice that quite a few posters are losing faith in our ability to get much from away games, not surprising really.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:11 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
1-1

I'm going for 2-0.

Its you i think your a jinx please dont go :lol: :ayatollah:

No more away games for me until at least January!

Yours sincerely

Jinxy Boy