Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/T Dilemma

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:46 pm

I picked up my winnings from a bet today and after being told on here i should pick up £25, they actually paid me £125 and 6pence. My dilemma is should I go and show them their error and pay back £100, as I don't want anyone to potentially be in trouble as they made a genuine mistake I feel guilty.

Re: O/T Dilemma

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:57 pm

f**k that i'd keep it :lol: but that's cos im a tight fucker haha :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:02 pm

Keep it.. There problem.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:16 pm

Just worried the worker will get in trouble

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:21 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:Just worried the worker will get in trouble

They will have got into trouble by now anyway mate when cashing up, taking the money back won't make much difference.

It's one hell of a mistake to make mind...

You have to do what is right for you. If it's going to cut you up inside, take it back. It's not worth the stress on your mind and you'll feel alot better once you've taken it back.

On the other side, bookies make good money out of nothing really and throughout your life you'll probably pump that £100 back in. If you need the money then keep it or you could even give it to charity.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:23 pm

Good idea I am growing a moustache for prostrate cancer this month, so I will send the money to them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:26 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:Just worried the worker will get in trouble

TOPCAT CCFC the resident bookie is online pm him the bet and he will tell you the return and you will then know if you actually won it or was overpaid :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:28 pm

The hanged man worked out the bet for me and topcat confirmed it was £25

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:28 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:Good idea I am growing a moustache for prostrate cancer this month, so I will send the money to them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If you are still unsure ,PM your address and I'll take it of your hands :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:51 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:Good idea I am growing a moustache for prostrate cancer this month, so I will send the money to them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

fair play! :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:05 am

Those things do happen to good people it seems....