Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Watching City in Amsterdam

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:26 pm

Had great time this weekend but spent a few hours looking for a bar that would show the city game. Most were showing man c v west ham and (understandably) the Ajax game. Eventually watched the game in the 'Sky Sports Bar' on Liedersplein but before that we stumbled on a small, pokey looking place just outside the red light district with @sky sports sign outside. Great we thought so we piled in, only to find a handful of nasty looking berstards drinking at the bar.
As i was desperate by now, i approached the barmaid and asked if they could show sky sports 2 at 6pm. We cant as the Ajax game will be on, she said. With that, a huge arm came around my shoulder and a dutch accent said 'Are you cardiff then?'
My mate and i looked at each other before he said 'yes'. To which they suddenly cheered loudly and started singing 'Three Little Birds' - of course we joined in.
They told us they came to Ninian for a friendly a few years back and were desperately trying to break out of their pen in the Grange stand to 'have some fun with your boys'. Anyway, we had a few beers and basically said they hate all English teams and most Dutch (particularly Feyenoord) but they 'like theCardiff fans as they are crazy like us!'.
Great lads and huge drinkers :shock: :ayatollah:

Re: Watching City in Amsterdam

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:34 pm

cracking story :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:50 pm

enjoyed that story :lol: but we're not an english team :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:52 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:enjoyed that story :lol: but we're not an english team :ayatollah:

Yes, and thats why they love us :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:56 pm

Andybluebirdoct1962 wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:enjoyed that story :lol: but we're not an english team :ayatollah:

Yes, and thats why they love us :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:14 pm

Watch the Rohypnol 8-)

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:25 pm

Massimo Osti wrote:Watch the Rohypnol 8-)

:P

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:11 pm

Love the Dutch, they're crazy over there :ayatollah: