Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rudy Gestede

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:32 am

Since Annis stated that he does not like Rudy Gestede and states that he is a bad player, half of the people on this forum have jumped on the bandwagon and have started slating Rudy and getting on his back, he really is not as bad as you make out, he just needs to get more game time to get his confidence up! :ayatollah:

Re: Rudy Gestede

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:35 am

Bluubird67 wrote:Since Annis stated that he does not like Rudy Gestede and states that he is a bad player, half of the people on this forum have jumped on the bandwagon and have started slating Rudy and getting on his back, he really is not as bad as you make out, he just needs to get more game time to get his confidence up! :ayatollah:

He has the Leo Effect, so he's OK by me.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:36 am

Bluubird67 wrote:Since Annis stated that he does not like Rudy Gestede and states that he is a bad player, half of the people on this forum have jumped on the bandwagon and have started slating Rudy and getting on his back, he really is not as bad as you make out, he just needs to get more game time to get his confidence up! :ayatollah:

story of his career,
'he just needs some more time , he has potential, this and that. he's 24 now whatever he's capable of we cant afford to risk dropping points by playing gustede, unless he plays 90 minutes each and every week hes never gonna reach that potential

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:41 am

I disagree, as i do with annis at times. But im sorry rudy is not good enough for a promotion push. He is no bothroyd or ngog. Im not saying hes the worst player ive ever seen. But he is not good enough for a promtion push. I would loan him out in jan to a lower leagued team and see how he does with 1st team football.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:46 am

He's done more than HH in recent games in my opinion.

He's pushing for a start but probably wont get one.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:50 am

Rudy Gestede
is shit has been since day one everyone knew this :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:51 am

bluebird1977 wrote:Rudy Gestede

Shut it, misery guts.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:52 am

Nedd Glas wrote:

Shut it, misery guts.

Ok hes world class :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:53 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Shut it, misery guts.

Lets all jump on the Rudy banwagon! :ugeek:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:55 am

Bluubird67 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Shut it, misery guts.

Even stevie wonder knew rudy was shit before annis so i have no idea where you get this bandwagon tag from, we all know hes shit if you watch him when he coems on, the guys div 2 at best. :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:00 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
Bluubird67 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Shut it, misery guts.

Even stevie wonder knew rudy was shit before annis so i have no idea where you get this bandwagon tag from, we all know hes shit if you watch him when he coems on, the guys div 2 at best. :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:01 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Shut it, misery guts.

Now I know you're on drugs. What are you, a student?

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:03 am

He played well against Liverpool & has had flashes of good play - but not enough flashes to keep using him. We need someone who is brilliant - more often.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:08 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Shut it, misery guts.

Now I know you're on drugs. What are you, a student?

You got me nedd :oops: :lol:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:13 am

how much more time does he bloody need! If anything he's got worse over the summer, at least last season he could head the ball on, this year its like he's forgotten how to jump and land.. he looks clueless with the ball at his feet, he doesn't know how to run with the ball, his positioning is awful and he's just simply not good enough for a team competing at the top end of this division, helguson wins more in the air than he does and he's half his size!

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:18 am

I think rudy's ok :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:11 pm

What a load of bollocks
Ive been banging the Rudy Is Shit drum for over a year Im not having Annis take the "Told you so" credit on this one.

Hes f*cking crap and anyone who says different should go to the Arms Park and watch Cardiff Blues as they obviously know nothing about football.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:13 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:He played well against Liverpool & has had flashes of good play - but not enough flashes to keep using him. We need someone who is brilliant - more often.

Ah the old played well against Liverpool myth :lol:

Surprised no-ones mentioned the goal he set up against West Ham away 16 months ago :lol:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:16 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:He played well against Liverpool & has had flashes of good play - but not enough flashes to keep using him. We need someone who is brilliant - more often.

Ah the old played well against Liverpool myth :lol:

Surprised no-ones mentioned the goal he set up against West Ham away 16 months ago :lol:

If you'd like to read the whole of my post & not JUST the opening part, you'd see that I actually agree with you. :roll:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:18 pm

To be fair, I think the vast majority have been able to see from the start that Gestede isn't good enough.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:58 pm

I remeber when everyone last year was on the "Earnie" bandwagon.

Earnie is shit no question about that whatsoever but everyone was rooting for him to play. Errr no

Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:04 pm

From day 1 other than win a few headers he looks incapable of changing a game. Not up to scratch sorry

Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:47 pm

He's not the best player to play for City but they guy tries his best and that's all you can ask for. And because he's playing in a ccfc shirt I will back and support him in till he goes to another club

Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:51 pm

He isnt very good in fairness however I would put him on the bench just to cause problems.

IMO if we are struggling in a game like Ipswich away sticking Rudy and Helguson uptop with Conway delivering the ball into the box will always cause problems. Its why id always have Conway and Rudy on the bench.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:58 pm

Mynachdy_Bluebird wrote:He's not the best player to play for City but they guy tries his best and that's all you can ask for. And because he's playing in a ccfc shirt I will back and support him in till he goes to another club

Not really, with the talented players at our disposal, I'd rather more from a player than just to try his best.

I could get a game and try my best - would you be happy with that? Thought not.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:49 pm

some one get polo a season ticket to the arms park ffs :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:51 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:some one get polo a season ticket to the arms park ffs :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Somebody get you a one way ticket to a euthansia clinic in Switzerland.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:03 pm

I can see him scoring tomorrow now :D

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:36 pm

Gestede,,, Ive not read any other thread about him and Ive always had a poor opinion of him and believe he is not of the quality we need, simply not good enough...

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:41 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:What a load of bollocks
Ive been banging the Rudy Is Shit drum for over a year Im not having Annis take the "Told you so" credit on this one.

Hes f*cking crap and anyone who says different should go to the Arms Park and watch Cardiff Blues as they obviously know nothing about football.

I can definitely confirm that Polo has indeed been stating this for over a year, as I remember his posts this time last year.