Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Plastic student fans.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:12 am

CalShepCCFC wrote:don't know why people have such a big problem with us students on this board? why are we classed as plastic?

most people dont have a problem mate , just a few who dont realise that football is for all ages and types , students prob make up 15/20% of our fan base if they didnt turn up we would be millions of pounds down in revenue over a season and down to bout 17k every week . these students will also mostly be supporting city for the next 50plus years and there children and grandchhildren will be brought up as city fans keeping the club going for decades . ignore them some people think the club belongs to them and are stuck in the 80s/90s things move on so should they ! if anything they are the problem .

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:14 am

thomasblue wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:don't know why people have such a big problem with us students on this board? why are we classed as plastic?

most people dont have a problem mate , just a few who dont realise that football is for all ages and types , students prob make up 15/20% of our fan base if they didnt turn up we would be millions of pounds down in revenue over a season and down to bout 17k every week . these students will also mostly be supporting city for the next 50plus years and there children and grandchhildren will be brought up as city fans keeping the club going for decades . ignore them some people think the club belongs to them and are stuck in the 80s/90s things move on so should they ! if anything they are the problem .

Agreed.

:thumbup:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:27 am

bluebird1977 wrote:What are peoples thoughts on the new student type of fan, what do they bring to the table. Most people know my thoughts on these new breeds like the bakers and barnetts of this world stealing a good mans air. Im just wondering what others think :ayatollah:

Fine by me, but there are local kids near where I live who claim to be 'Soul Crew' and walk round in ridiculous clothes.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:43 am

Slow Train wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:What are peoples thoughts on the new student type of fan, what do they bring to the table. Most people know my thoughts on these new breeds like the bakers and barnetts of this world stealing a good mans air. Im just wondering what others think :ayatollah:

Fine by me, but there are local kids near where I live who claim to be 'Soul Crew' and walk round in ridiculous clothes.

:lol: that died years ago im afraid.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:46 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
Slow Train wrote:

Afraid not! Honestly, some fans around here, age 15-ish, wear their gazelles and silly checked shirts to away games, thinking they are 'Crew'.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:48 am

Slow Train wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Slow Train wrote:

Afraid not! Honestly, some fans around here, age 15-ish, wear their gazelles and silly checked shirts to away games, thinking they are 'Crew'.

Oh them yes there the "hooded tops crew" :lol:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:40 pm

My opinion age, gender, social class, religion, against or not against re-brand has nothing to do with it...

I would welcome "fans". My definition of a fan is someone with passion, no matter how old or how long you've been going, or when or where you watch it, a fan needs the passion for the love for the game but also for Cardiff City Football Club. Stick by the bluebirds through good and especially the bad times....and support the club for LIFE (not just when we are winning). :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hope that is a fair point...

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:53 pm

Burn the students!

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:05 pm

What and Idiotic thread! Surely students are the one with the fire in the bellys to improve their skills and get a decent job! Students take up I imagine quite a big percentage of our support its people like you who are ruining the atmosphere trying to split fans by your ignorance

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:07 pm

As long as they put money into the club.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:08 pm

all students do is bum around smoking weed and smelling of guff!

Burn them all!!

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:11 pm

gknighty89 wrote:What and Idiotic thread! Surely students are the one with the fire in the bellys to improve their skills and get a decent job! Students take up I imagine quite a big percentage of our support its people like you who are ruining the atmosphere trying to split fans by your ignorance

Heres one now . Welcome to the forum new breed :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:18 pm

So you'd rather see a half empty stadium, less money coming in and an even worse atmosphere? Nice one dickhead!

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:25 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:So you'd rather see a half empty stadium, less money coming in and an even worse atmosphere? Nice one dickhead!

The stadium is nearly half empty if we didnt count the ST in the gate on match days, we got no money comming in anyway or atmosphere as it is guess that makes me a dickhead with some truth in the post.
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:27 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Bluubird67 wrote:You guys need to stop living in the past, if students didnt come it wouldnt give them a chance to develop their career as cardiff fans. Because when all these old fans kick the bucket their won't be anyone their to replace them....

So have you not splashed water over students while driving out of cardiff when its pissing down, people just dont want to admit it :lol: ayatollah:

well considering its against the law...... :roll:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:27 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Bluubird67 wrote:You guys need to stop living in the past, if students didnt come it wouldnt give them a chance to develop their career as cardiff fans. Because when all these old fans kick the bucket their won't be anyone their to replace them....

So have you not splashed water over students while driving out of cardiff when its pissing down, people just dont want to admit it :lol: ayatollah:

well considering its against the law...... :roll:

Students rights i guess, f**k off i know loads of people who do it who are heading for the A470 and pass the porsche place and you see massive student high rise buildings where theres loads walking the street around it. :lol:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:29 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:So you'd rather see a half empty stadium, less money coming in and an even worse atmosphere? Nice one dickhead!

The stadium is nearly half empty if we didnt count the ST in the gate on match days, we got no money comming in anyway or atmosphere as it is guess that makes me a dickhead with some truth in the post.

Not really considering some of those students are ST holders - so there would be even less in the ground.

You really are a moron of the highest order.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:31 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Not really considering some of those students are ST holders - so there would be even less in the ground.

You really are a moron of the highest order.

So your a student now then, name calling again chuckle reported, why must you name call when your beaten hands down :lol:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:41 pm

Think the original poster is abit jelous that these students might end up with a decent job rather than being unemployed splashing people in a van.And people wonder why we have a reputation when we have idiots like this posting

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:41 pm

This thread is embarrassing. I'm in college, 16 years old, but I've been supporting City since 2006 when I went to my first game against Birmingham. Got no affiliation with any of the "big clubs", just City. I'm totally against the rebrand as it's split our fan base right apart, and lowered our crowds, no matter what anyone says.
Yet I'm still a "plastic"? :?

Plus if you look at the back of the Canton, there are loads of people my age who are happy to sing all game, yet you see the "old guard" up there with faces like smacked arses. And don't get me started on the oldies who sit in the Ninian with there thermos preaching about how they were there on the Bob Bank on a rainy tuesday night against Halifax Town in 1992

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:49 pm

Cantonjack the old guard wouldnt put up with city fans named jack to start with or posts from likes of gkbluebird89 whos only watched since the cup final. :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:56 pm

Loving the student hate. Always from the same type of person too. Largely uneducated, elitist, bitter, manual labour worker and lower working class. f**k all else in their lives than the football so to make themselves feel superior they rag on "student plastics".

It's so pathetic to hate on plastic too. Seriously don't get it at all. Trying to label those who pay for a ticket, put money into the club and then turn up to the game as 'plastic' makes even less sense. The fact that you're actually having a go at those who turn up is astonishing. If all the so called plastics stopped turning up the club would be in the shit. We'd miss out on a tonne of revenue in shirt sales and big game days. Why some fans seem to have such a massive problem with other fans is beyond me. Need to get a life.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:01 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:Loving the student hate. Always from the same type of person too. Largely uneducated, elitist, bitter, manual labour worker and lower working class.

Yet you say your loving the hate but your first bit above is hate, this thread seems to have rustled a few student types feathers it seems :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:06 pm

This thread must have been mixed up with another thread headline like such "students union £1 a pint night tonight" as its caught a few whoppers :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:09 pm

I can't tell if you're being serious now. "the old guard wouldnt put up with city fans named jack to start with"

So it's about my name now? :roll:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:10 pm

For every idiot student, there is still an idiot non student fan, so i dont see the problem. If anyone can show commitment to our club surely that should be applauded.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:18 pm

Dam ye students....dam ye :old:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:19 pm

CantonJack wrote:I can't tell if you're being serious now. "the old guard wouldnt put up with city fans named jack to start with"

So it's about my name now? :roll:

Anything to do with the word jack wouldnt be allowed back in bluebird since 1948 day, the old guard wouldnt stand for it. :lol:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:20 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Dam ye students....dam ye :old:

:ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:22 pm

Student and proud yah old cunts :ayatollah: :D :lol: