Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Plastic student fans.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:22 am

What are peoples thoughts on the new student type of fan, what do they bring to the table. Most people know my thoughts on these new breeds like the bakers and barnetts of this world stealing a good mans air. Im just wondering what others think :ayatollah:

Re: Plastic student fans.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:32 am

People have the rights to support what ever club they want, the have the exact sane rights to support cardiff as you do

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:42 am

huxy wrote:People have the rights to support what ever club they want, the have the exact sane rights to support cardiff as you do

There not worthy of rights in my opinion when it comes to new breeds since there cup final day. They have no passion or fire in there belly before there 2-3 games a season and kill the atmosphere i find, tell me what does the new style of fan bring inside the ground bar scruffy clothes and a cheap beer stench. :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:53 am

Well im 17 and im a student at cardiff futsal, ive been supporting cardiff since i was about 7 well before the fa cup final, does that make me a "plastic student fan"

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:07 am

bluebird1977 wrote:What are peoples thoughts on the new student type of fan, what do they bring to the table. Most people know my thoughts on these new breeds like the bakers and barnetts of this world stealing a good mans air. Im just wondering what others think :ayatollah:

youve been talking to bluebird since 1948 for too long!!

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:23 am

don't know why people have such a big problem with us students on this board? why are we classed as plastic?

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:27 am

cmorris1927 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:What are peoples thoughts on the new student type of fan, what do they bring to the table. Most people know my thoughts on these new breeds like the bakers and barnetts of this world stealing a good mans air. Im just wondering what others think :ayatollah:

Thats because we are related :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:28 am

huxy wrote:Well im 17 and im a student at cardiff futsal, ive been supporting cardiff since i was about 7 well before the fa cup final, does that make me a "plastic student fan"

It does :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:29 am

When I was in uni I emailed the club saying they should offer ticket deals that appeal to students because Cardiff has such a large student population. I doubt it was my email that made any difference but the following season the club introduced student deals and prices.

I have no problem with students that choose to come to study in Cardiff coming along and supporting our club. There are just as many old fans without "fire in their belly" as there are new fans so that argument is null and void. In fact, I've sat by students a few times and they actually seem more up for a laugh because they are young and just don't give a sh*t.

Provided fans turn up and support the lads, where's the harm? :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:33 am

CalShepCCFC wrote:don't know why people have such a big problem with us students on this board? why are we classed as plastic?

I thrive if we are passing students on the way out of cardiff and its pissing down raining we all cheer and laugh when whoever is driving the van pulls close to the kerb in the giant puddles. its a joy to watch students scatter like rats from the incomming waves :lol: :ayatollah:
Come on admit it whos else has done this :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:58 am

You guys need to stop living in the past, if students didnt come it wouldnt give them a chance to develop their career as cardiff fans. Because when all these old fans kick the bucket their won't be anyone their to replace them....

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:01 am

i'm a student and ive been going down for 13/14years. you look around the ground on match day...most of the fans that don't have any "fire in their belly" are the older ones. we have lots of passionate fans who are young and old. you look at how many students go to away games midweek, numbers are pretty good in fairness

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:03 am

they should just burn all students as they all smell of poo

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:22 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
cmorris1927 wrote:

Related or the same person?

Stupid f***ing post. If you're going to turn on any type of fan, turn on the miserable old f**kers who kill the atmosphere.

They aren't plastic just because they are students, that's utter nonsense. To me, plastics are the TV supporters who wear the shirts of foreign clubs.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:34 am

We want a full house every game, but to achieve that then there must be an inlfux of new fans.

They are the future of the club in what ever shape that may take, which is probably one we older folk wont associate with as appears to be the case.

The new fans have no connection to the club 'as it was' and never will, but thats becasue they werent born. Its nice to be nostalgic but the good old days are gone, Ninian Park is gone, we are all being politically corrected to sit down, shut up and behave oursleves.

This is modern football unfortunately and the new (young) fans are a product of it. Just my opinion.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:37 am

Eek, everyone has got to start supporting the team at some point. Don't see the issue of it.

Surely it's better to see youngster supporting CCFC rather than MUFC/CFC/ARSENAL like most kids did when I was in school..

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:45 am

I was a student in London in the late 90's. Got to Watch City play at Barnet, Orient, Brentford, Fulham, Slough, Reading etc. Not exactly glory hunting. I remember going to a midweek game in Gillingham although I think it was against Brighton when they ground shared and there was only a handfull of Cardiff there many of which seemed to be London based students. City fans have always come from all walks of life. The difference back then was that we used to share a common bond now it just seems like everyone wants an excuse to have a go at each other.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:46 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
cmorris1927 wrote:

Stupid f***ing post. If you're going to turn on any type of fan, turn on the miserable old f**kers who kill the atmosphere.

They aren't plastic just because they are students, that's utter nonsense. To me, plastics are the TV supporters who wear the shirts of foreign clubs.

Dont be so serious nedd, tomany people take every post to heart :lol:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:47 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:Eek, everyone has got to start supporting the team at some point. Don't see the issue of it.

Surely it's better to see youngster supporting CCFC rather than MUFC/CFC/ARSENAL like most kids did when I was in school..

Who asked you chuckle, your not even a fan :lol:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:48 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
cmorris1927 wrote:

Fook off or I'll stripe you with my student railcard!

:lol:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:49 am

Bluubird67 wrote:You guys need to stop living in the past, if students didnt come it wouldnt give them a chance to develop their career as cardiff fans. Because when all these old fans kick the bucket their won't be anyone their to replace them....

So have you not splashed water over students while driving out of cardiff when its pissing down, people just dont want to admit it :lol: ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:53 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
cmorris1927 wrote:

Fook off or I'll stripe you with my student railcard!

You got 6kids you never had time to be a student :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:55 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:Eek, everyone has got to start supporting the team at some point. Don't see the issue of it.

No, of course not. Only been going since the early 90s. :roll:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:56 am

No, I've only got 3 kids. What do you think I am, a Catholic?

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:57 am

Nedd Glas wrote:No, I've only got 3 kids. What do you think I am, a Catholic?

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:58 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Lies.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:00 am

CraigCCFC wrote:they should just burn all students as they all smell of poo

Bit harsh aint it craig :lol:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:01 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Lies.

Not at all, but believe what you like - I don't really care about someone I'm never going to meet.

Claiming that all youngsters aren't real fans is making you look rather foolish? Is it their fault they were only born more recently than you?

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:05 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Lies.

Not at all, but believe what you like - I don't really care about someone I'm never going to meet.

Claiming that all youngsters aren't real fans is making you look rather foolish? Is it their fault they were only born more recently than you?

Chuckle i know you have a problem with reading things but where do i claim all youngsters are not real fans?, its like the gwyn thing your obsessed with over something he never said so where do i say all youngsters are not real fans point me in that direction, im starting to think you either can not read or somethings not rite.. :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:10 am

Well students are youngsters in the vast majority of cases.. :lol:

Why are students not real fans? They pay for tickets, just like you. Cheer on the same team - what's the difference?