Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The 'racism' yesterday, Anti - Welsh.......

Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:53 am

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/loc ... he_Reebok/

This has got to be some sort of joke? Bolton fans no looking to complain to police that Cardiff fans sang anti english/northern songs now.

No wonder no one bothers with football anymore

Re: The 'racism' yesterday, Anti - Welsh.......

Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:26 am

Oh dear god

Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:45 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:51 am

the lanes in ely wrote:http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/local/10025813.Police_probe_launched_into__anti_Welsh__comment_made_by_fan_at_the_Reebok/

This has got to be some sort of joke? Bolton fans no looking to complain to police that Cardiff fans sang anti english/northern songs now.

No wonder no one bothers with football anymore

In my oppinion thats why it kicked off, they haven't played us in 20+ years and for most it it was a shock to the system, its offensive and the stewards clearly we're annoyed.

half of our players are english its pathetic, imagine what they must think of cardiff city fans.

you can't go around singing monkey songs or coon songs,
so why should we be allowed to offend england when we play in the english league, we take it for granted, one day imagine we got kicked out and put in the welsh league

Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:54 pm

A lot of us take it with a pinch of salt.

but lets not forget, for hundreds of years the English shat on Wales
and to some, perhaps chants like that are just another example of
the English looking at the Welsh as second class citizens

So if he perceived it to be 'racist' then he/she whoever it is, is entitled
to make a complaint

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:03 pm

PC Gone mad IMO.

Then again maybe its a case of when its a group of fans to a group of fans maybe people will think of it as banter and not personal as its not really aimed at any specific person (usually).

Maybe when it was aimed at one person, consistently while he is trying to work it could feel different. it says he was near the dug out, so who was he aiming it at, have we got any welsh staff at the club now?

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:33 pm

What the f**k is going on this world recently SHEEP! SHEEP! SHEEPSHAGERS! anybody going to report me the police for being anti WELSH :lol:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:45 pm

phildavies wrote:What the f**k is going on this world recently SHEEP! SHEEP! SHEEPSHAGERS! anybody going to report me the police for being anti WELSH :lol:

TBH Im wondering if they were being anti welsh.

I dont think we should judge to harshly until we know exactly what was said.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:49 pm

Ridiculous, i hate England with a passion but football is becoming a joke if banter between Welsh and English is not aloud. No wonder atmospheres are shit in grounds, you cant say fuk all these days.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:50 pm

Its crazy! its a football match if you cant take being called a sheepshagger by some bloke in the crowd then theres something wrong with you

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:52 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:Its crazy! its a football match if you cant take being called a sheepshagger by some bloke in the crowd then theres something wrong with you

I agree, I didnt realise thats all that was said, cheers for clearing it up :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:57 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:Its crazy! its a football match if you cant take being called a sheepshagger by some bloke in the crowd then theres something wrong with you

I agree, I didnt realise thats all that was said, cheers for clearing it up :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You Welsh b*stard was the insult apparently

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:59 pm

seanmogs wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

aimed at whom?

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:04 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
seanmogs wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

aimed at whom?

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... th-cardiff

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:11 pm

seanmogs wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
seanmogs wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

aimed at whom?

Maybe it's just me but I can't see them being offended or reporting just that.

Have we even got any welsh staff that could be offended by it (if they were very soft) Off the top of my head I can't think of any.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:15 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
seanmogs wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
seanmogs wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

aimed at whom?

Maybe it's just me but I can't see them being offended or reporting just that.

Have we even got any welsh staff that could be offended by it (if they were very soft) Off the top of my head I can't think of any.

Find it hard to believe someone reported that an all. Maybe it was done to get one over on the Bolton fan and could be laughing about this.Its got to be something to it surely :lol:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:38 pm

Genuine comment from that article:

"What with witch hunts for stars accused of molesting girls - which surely was a harmless perk of the job"

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:42 pm

OhhhGa wrote:Genuine comment from that article:

"What with witch hunts for stars accused of molesting girls - which surely was a harmless perk of the job"

Yeah saw that too unbelievable :lol:

But this is such a waste of police time. I bet it was Welshcitydragon, you know how he hates the english so much

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:42 pm

taffyapple wrote:A lot of us take it with a pinch of salt.

to make a complaint

By f**k we have the reincarnation of Owain Glyndwr here. I have to laugh at the double standards of this post which is a shame as your usually spot on with this kind of thing. I can't think of the last game involving us and an English club where we haven't chanted abuse about England, are you saying the Welsh look at English people as second class citizens.

I certainly don't but then again i'm not as bitter and pathetic as most to chant such vitriol.

:old: :old:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:45 pm

Minor problem; Welsh isn't a 'race' nor is it an ethnicity, so how can it be racist?

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:46 pm

OhhhGa wrote:Minor problem; Welsh isn't a 'race' nor is it an ethnicity, so how can it be racist?

Boris do not reason with the neanderthals. There hate blinds them from seeing logic and sense.

:old:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:48 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:Minor problem; Welsh isn't a 'race' nor is it an ethnicity, so how can it be racist?

Boris do not reason with the neanderthals. There hate blinds them from seeing logic and sense.

:old:

True, although it can be comedy gold (my personal favourite being the discovery of 'Welshcitydragon's English son in law, or was it the other loony? :lol: )

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:48 pm

I don't think it's anything to do with Wales despite that article.
We have no welsh players in that squad and no staff I can think of, so hardly unlikely to be offended.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:49 pm

For some reason by law its claimed as an act of racism. There was a scottish fan who get done for chanting some anti-welsh stuff at Bellamy as well as a Welsh man shouting abuse at the english

Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:47 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:A lot of us take it with a pinch of salt.

to make a complaint

By f**k we have the reincarnation of Owain Glyndwr here. I have to laugh at the double standards of this post which is a shame as your usually spot on with this kind of thing. I can't think of the last game involving us and an English club where we haven't chanted abuse about England, are you saying the Welsh look at English people as second class citizens.

I certainly don't but then again i'm not as bitter and pathetic as most to chant such vitriol.

:old: :old:

Well.... i cannot believe you bit on that :lol: :lol:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:52 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:

For some reason by law its claimed as an act of racism. There was a scottish fan who get done for chanting some anti-welsh stuff at Bellamy as well as a Welsh man shouting abuse at the english

The reason this ridiculous complaint has gone further is because 'Pakki' is a racist
word... Even though Pakistan is a Country, not a race. So if they can do it, f**k it...
why cant everyone else jump on the bandwagon.

The governments 'race laws' are beyond ridiculous

Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:00 pm

taffyapple wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

The reason this ridiculous complaint has gone further is because 'Pakki' is a racist
word... Even though Pakistan is a Country, not a race. So if they can do it, f**k it...

Thats assuming everyone called a "pakki" is from Pakistan, unfortunatley that is not how the word is used.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:12 pm

Funniest thing is it was a Bolton fan who reported it, seemingly thinking that we actually gave a shit :lol:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:02 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
seanmogs wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

aimed at whom?

The Welsh b*stard you thick c**t :lol:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:13 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

Thats assuming everyone called a "pakki" is from Pakistan, unfortunatley that is not how the word is used.

Says who you?

How high-handed of you to assume that when kids on estates KNOW the shopkeeper is from
Pakistan, and they say they are off to the "pakki shop" that it is said with malice