Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

loosing weight + muscle building help ?

Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:02 pm

if any one on here is a body builder (any level) could you please mail me as I could do with some advice :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

thanks to any one who can help :ayatollah:

Re: loosing weight + muscle building help ?

Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:54 pm

bump :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:12 pm

Good diet to start and plenty of excercise.Cardiovascular excercise 3-4 times a week and when the weight starts to drop start to add weight training resistance slowly into your plan.Eat a high protein diet.I am a wellness coach and disribute weight loss and weight gain products!

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:47 pm

Rules

Good diet - Low carb - plenty of protein which will assist in muscle growth.

Mixture of cardio and weight training.

Do not be intimidated when people at the gym are lifting more than you - everyone has to start somewhere.

If you're aching the day after weight training you have had a good workout - as long as it don't feel like a strain.

Deadlifts and squats are important - get the technique right - get someone to assist you as the wrong technique can leave you riddled with back pain etc which is not nice at all.

Leave at least 1 day rest after a days weight training and do not train the same muscle group more than twice per week. I use a switch up routine which basically is different every week.

Look at this.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw28.htm

Also note when you get DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) you do not need to wait for the pain to go away completely. Its not really a pain tbh, more a dull ache but you may mistake it for pain. This does not need to go completely away, just enough to allow natural movement during lifts for that day. So if you can still feel a slight twinge in your biceps but you can perform curls with proper technique then continue on but do not overwork it.

With curling, make sure to train your forearms up so they are supportive enough so you don't develop tendinitis etc. as this will, at a heavier weight do your absolute nut in. When I first started I moved up from curling 30kg to 35kg and every time I raised the bar I could feel a pull in my forearm. It was because I wasn't strong enough to support the movement so training these secondary muscles is vital.

Look in a mirror when lifting to perfect technique. Only whilst lifting. Anyone who looks at their muscles in the mirror when not lifting is 1) a retard as protein synthesis does not occur that quickly and (2) a pretentious knob.

Go for a decent walk every day as well. Also, just drink water and green tea. Fizzy pop is one of the worst things for you.

Also important, make sure when lifting use the full range of motion or you will only stimulate part of a muscle. Slow controlled movements are key, there is no race, just time, composure and control.

A good way to remember this is (although quite arrogant) is ' The slower I go, the longer it takes for me to complete a set and the longer people are watching me.' ;)

Use free weights over machines as much as possible. Machines assist you in movement thus gains aren't as big.

Another good exercise is to get a weights bench and hop up on to it, hop down and repeat, as controlled as possible. One leg up, one leg down, other leg up, other leg down, like a stepping machine but its you having full control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tPBzmZ00dQ

Use light weight at first with this to get balance and the movement correct.

All the best and use motivating lines to keep going.

When someone is talking to you about something just think to yourself 'stfu and lift'.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:54 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:Rules

Good diet - Low carb - plenty of protein which will assist in muscle growth.

Mixture of cardio and weight training.

Do not be intimidated when people at the gym are lifting more than you - everyone has to start somewhere.

If you're aching the day after weight training you have had a good workout - as long as it don't feel like a strain.

Deadlifts and squats are important - get the technique right - get someone to assist you as the wrong technique can leave you riddled with back pain etc which is not nice at all.

Leave at least 1 day rest after a days weight training and do not train the same muscle group more than twice per week. I use a switch up routine which basically is different every week.

Look at this.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw28.htm

Also note when you get DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) you do not need to wait for the pain to go away completely. Its not really a pain tbh, more a dull ache but you may mistake it for pain. This does not need to go completely away, just enough to allow natural movement during lifts for that day. So if you can still feel a slight twinge in your biceps but you can perform curls with proper technique then continue on but do not overwork it.

With curling, make sure to train your forearms up so they are supportive enough so you don't develop tendinitis etc. as this will, at a heavier weight do your absolute nut in. When I first started I moved up from curling 30kg to 35kg and every time I raised the bar I could feel a pull in my forearm. It was because I wasn't strong enough to support the movement so training these secondary muscles is vital.

Look in a mirror when lifting to perfect technique. Only whilst lifting. Anyone who looks at their muscles in the mirror when not lifting is 1) a retard as protein synthesis does not occur that quickly and (2) a pretentious knob.

Go for a decent walk every day as well. Also, just drink water and green tea. Fizzy pop is one of the worst things for you.

Also important, make sure when lifting use the full range of motion or you will only stimulate part of a muscle. Slow controlled movements are key, there is no race, just time, composure and control.

A good way to remember this is (although quite arrogant) is ' The slower I go, the longer it takes for me to complete a set and the longer people are watching me.' ;)

Use free weights over machines as much as possible. Machines assist you in movement thus gains aren't as big.

Another good exercise is to get a weights bench and hop up on to it, hop down and repeat, as controlled as possible. One leg up, one leg down, other leg up, other leg down, like a stepping machine but its you having full control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tPBzmZ00dQ

Use light weight at first with this to get balance and the movement correct.

All the best and use motivating lines to keep going.

When someone is talking to you about something just think to yourself 'stfu and lift'.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

legend ! top man :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:39 pm

listen to eye of the tiger over and over and over and over..... and over again :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:44 pm

that above is alot to take in for starting out... ,
Honestly dont take any advice you read liturate, you should train and find what works well for you, and how well your body responds

My advice would be to you

1. never underestimate the importance of diet, without the right diet you will not lose fat, or maximise your work out potential.

2. definately use protein shakes (sci-mx) is great

3. run 3 times a week, circuits/box-a-cise would be even better!

4. Rather than start lifting weights a few times a week go for something more effective with weight loss and body shaping...

300 work outs, interval training & *Athlene x* (youtube them for more tips) , circuit sessions, with pull ups , press ups, lighter weights, aim for 20/30 reps maximise your repititions, you will burn more fat,
this is great because you mix cardio and body work outs in one session,
You also want to be running for 30-45 minutes, and 15 on the bike/row in seperate sessions,

I would say do one solo weight session a weak just to build a foundation to help your strength.

5. most importantly, consistancy in the gym, ''Sci-mx as a meal replacement = less calories less weight'' No fizzy drinks EVER, maybe as a treat on weekend if out

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:01 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:that above is alot to take in for starting out... ,
Honestly dont take any advice you read liturate, you should train and find what works well for you, and how well your body responds

My advice would be to you

1. never underestimate the importance of diet, without the right diet you will not lose fat, or maximise your work out potential.

2. definately use protein shakes (sci-mx) is great

3. run 3 times a week, circuits/box-a-cise would be even better!

4. Rather than start lifting weights a few times a week go for something more effective with weight loss and body shaping...

300 work outs, interval training & *Athlene x* (youtube them for more tips) , circuit sessions, with pull ups , press ups, lighter weights, aim for 20/30 reps maximise your repititions, you will burn more fat,
this is great because you mix cardio and body work outs in one session,
You also want to be running for 30-45 minutes, and 15 on the bike/row in seperate sessions,

I would say do one solo weight session a weak just to build a foundation to help your strength.

5. most importantly, consistancy in the gym, ''Sci-mx as a meal replacement = less calories less weight'' No fizzy drinks EVER, maybe as a treat on weekend if out

:ayatollah: thanks mate, appreciate every ones advice, got a long tough road ahead but im fired up for it :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:10 am

BluebirdJM wrote:listen to eye of the tiger over and over and over and over..... and over again :ayatollah:

:lol:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:22 am

Just get straight on the steroids, juice up and you'll gain 2 stone of muscle by Xmas. Everyone will think you look super cool and 'massive' in your new Xmas jumper and the stewards at away grounds will be too scared to bully you.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:18 pm

chewbarker wrote:Just get straight on the steroids, juice up and you'll gain 2 stone of muscle by Xmas. Everyone will think you look super cool and 'massive' in your new Xmas jumper and the stewards at away grounds will be too scared to bully you.

reccomend any roids for beginners ? :lol: