Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So much More positive after being there yesterday..

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:20 am

i went to the game yesterday and i don't know why everyone is still being negative...

we looked so much more positive than recent away performances..
we were very unlucky, we just missed that clinicalness upfront,

we do need someone to come in for maynard big time cause i believe if we had a good poacher upfront yesterday we would of gone on to win comfortably, the amount of balls that we put in the box but no poacher to get on the end of them!

much more positive from malkay going with 2 upfront aswell !

hope he sticks with 2 upfront for away games, i would love to see velikonja have a chance, whats there to lose at least let him start a game!?

but we do need a striker in for maynard big time! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: So much More positive after being there yesterday..

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:37 am

Great to see a positive thread. :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:51 am

I thought we played well too , the difference between the teams were bad Refereeing and the fact that Bolton had Quality on their bench. Charlton Away is a must win game now though ...
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:55 am

I was at the reserves game v Millwall last Tuesday. Velikonja scored a hat-trick and Millwall were certainly no mugs. Didn't really notice him in the passage of play until he scores - classic poaching. My mate commented after his 2nd goal "he certainly knows where the net is" and he does. Needs to start on Tuesday IMHO.

Also, our reserves play Swansea on November 13th. Try to get there as its good football, free for kids and seniors and on £3 for ST's. Unbelievable value and good to show support.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:56 am

I was at the reserves game v Millwall last Tuesday. Velikonja scored a hat-trick and Millwall were certainly no mugs. Didn't really notice him in the passage of play until he scores - classic poaching. My mate commented after his 2nd goal "he certainly knows where the net is" and he does. Needs to start on Tuesday IMHO.

Also, our reserves play Swansea on November 13th. Try to get there as its good football, free for kids and seniors and on £3 for ST's. Unbelievable value and good to show support.

I totally Agree OP, Maynard is irreplaceable IMO and if we don't go up it will be because Maynard got injured.

I still think we will manage top 2 if we play 442 away, We have the players and if it wasn't for a poor fef we would have taken 3 points.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Forever Blue wrote:Great to see a positive thread. :ayatollah:

must people just see the result annis and would rather have a rant and rave than take the positives, we outplayed a very good bolton side, i hope he does go for a striker tho! :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:58 am

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

must people just see the result annis and would rather have a rant and rave than take the positives, we outplayed a very good bolton side, i hope he does go for a striker tho! :ayatollah:

Correct, Carl told me the same and I saw for myself we played well. If we had won one nil, then everyone would of been quite.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:11 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:i went to the game yesterday and i don't know why everyone is still being negative...

we do need someone to come in for maynard big time cause i believe if we had a good poacher upfront yesterday we would of gone on to win comfortably, the amount of balls that we put in the box but no poacher to get on the end of them!

hope he sticks with 2 upfront for away games, i would love to see velikonja have a chance, whats there to lose at least let him start a game!?

At the end of the day we were a goalkeepers head away from an excellent point yesterday and having watched the whole game again this morning that was probably our best away performance this season.

Sadly some fans look no further than the result which in my opinion flattered Bolton.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:51 pm

castleblue wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:i went to the game yesterday and i don't know why everyone is still being negative...

At the end of the day we were a goalkeepers head away from an excellent point yesterday and having watched the whole game again this morning that was probably our best away performance this season.

Sadly some fans look no further than the result which in my opinion flattered Bolton.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agree we need another striker in asap. It may be that Malky will wait till January though, and with the rumours of the extra money he will have will hopefully bring in a top replacement.

I can't help think that when we have a fully fit squad and the extra fire power in January the rest of the Championship should watch out.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:10 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:I was at the reserves game v Millwall last Tuesday. Velikonja scored a hat-trick and Millwall were certainly no mugs. Didn't really notice him in the passage of play until he scores - classic poaching. My mate commented after his 2nd goal "he certainly knows where the net is" and he does. Needs to start on Tuesday IMHO.

It is a breath of fresh air to see a positive main thread, I was also there Tuesday night and I've been singing about Velikonja's skills all week, he is definitely a goal poacher, give him a go Malky, sooner rather than later. :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

Correct, Carl told me the same and I saw for myself we played well. If we had won one nil, then everyone would of been quite.
and we all know we can come from behind and win this year

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:29 pm

I said the same straight after the game, Bolton will be up there at season end and we more than deserved something.

We've got Bellers, Tommy Smith & Mutch to come back, Frei I think might get a few starts and he'll scare defences and I still gotta feeling for Velikonja. After Forest last night was a breath of fresh air, feeling confident about Charlton. :ayatollah: