Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Yesterday.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:01 am

I attended the game with my mate Wullie Ferrier who is a rangers fan and is on a mission to attend as many football grounds as he can.
Yesterday Bolton became the 73rd ground he has attended in England and Wales out of the 92(7 of which involve Cardiff)
We arrived in Bolton (Horwich Parkway station)around 1ish and walked toward the Harvester opposite the ground only to be told we were not welcome. We then tried the sports bar next to it only again to be told no away fans would be admitted.
So we stopped a taxi and headed to the Wagon and Horses pub where we were made more than welcome by the excellent staff.
Originally the said we couldn't sit at one side if the pub because it had been reserved for a group booking, I asked if it was for a group of Cardiff Supporters and she immediately cottoned on to why we were in the pub.
So we ordered drinks and sat in the Reserved section of the pub and spent the next hour and a half being questioned about this group of fans coming up. They were rather cautious due do a bad set of Geordies who on there second visit to the pub after a successful first visit decided to set off flares and steel animal from the pub ground.
So without having met any of the arriving group I vouched for them all saying " they' like to use the same pubs on away trips and will be well behaved".This pretty much was accurate as I know Carl has indeed made a booking for December 7th Blackburn Away on a Friday Evening where if you don't want the football you can stay in pub for the Tom Jones tribute act. :lol: :ayatollah:
I spent most of the afternoon talking with Carl and Wullie about rangers and Cardiff.
What I will say to those who haven't met Carl and the sceptics who question his Updates and Posts,is I found Carl a very honest and genuine Cardiff fan and family man.
He is passionate but open minded with certain aspects of the club, he could I feel post more of what he knows however the fact that he doesn't should tell you of his integrity as an individual.
You think if all the associated media who,if we're given the info that Carl has been given at times would immediately spill the beans and not consider the consequences of their actions. But he doesn't does he.

Some should consider this before making snap judgements.

The game itself was partially ruined by dodgy refereeing and even worse policing and stewarding.
However Bolton despite their position and bad start are an excellent squad with prem quality players and WILL BE THERE OR THERE ABOUT COME MAY. In Freedman they have a good Manager who still doesn't scare us.
I didn't see anything that would suggest we are not going up this season and wasn't to down hearted by the defeat.

The train back to Glasgow and then to Edinburgh Was rather entertaining as I took a bit of stick from Man united Fans who were heading home to CARLISLE GLASGOW STIRLING And a few other areas that were not Manchester.
#PlasticUtd.

Had a few drinks then in Harry's bar in Rose st Edinburgh with a load of hibees who had won today so they were all jovial.

In bed by 3 am and woken up at 9 am by my 18month old daughter slapping me on the face as I was crashed in the couch.

Good times :ayatollah:
A few peeps were asking my Mate where he got his Tshirt from (pic) he will send me the web address and I will post it for those intrested.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Yesterday.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:22 am

I have a t shirt similar, but it has cardiff city on it. ill fetch it up now. Never worn it, more of a collectable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.