Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky - " To be honest we do feel hard done by "

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:28 am

Malky Mackay fumes at referee after Cardiff City defeat
"To be honest we do feel hard done by "

Bolton 2 - 1 Cardiff City:

CARDIFF CITY boss Malky Mackay was left angered by the performance of referee Tony Bates as the Bluebirds lost out at Bolton.

Despite a first-half lead courtesy of Craig Noone, the Bluebirds fell to two second-half goals from the trotters, one from the penalty spot by Martin Petrov after David Ngog was adjudged to have been tripped by Kim-Bo-Kyung.

But Mackay was unhappy at the Bolton penalty decision and also felt his side should have had a spot-kick after a challenge by Stephen Warnock on skipper Mark Hudson

"To be honest we do feel hard done by, yes. decisions change games," said Mackay.

"We were in control first-half. They never had a serious attempt on our target, We scored and they had to come out and have a go for it.

"They got a penalty out of nothing. There was incredibly minimal contact and Ngog is already diving when he is touched. The referee gives it, fair enough, but if he gives that he has to give Mark Hudson's penalty. It was unbelievable. He either gives neither or he gives both. Hudson was attempting to head the ball and Warnock’s arm is around him.

"That got them back into the game and then they got the second goal and they had their tails up. We had balls across the box at the end and it was backs to the walls time for them.

“There was a lot of bodies in the box. But decisions change games and the referees has changed that one. I do hope the referee has a look at his decisions and the linesman too."

The Bluebirds remain top of the Championship on goal difference ahead of Middlesbrough despite the defeat.

For Bolton, it was a much-needed win and a first victory in his first game in charge for boss Dougie Freedman who quit Crystal Palace to take the job.

Freedman said he still regards Cardiff as a good bet to be promoted, but that he was impressed how his sown side fought back after falling behind.

"I thought in the first-half it was difficult to take that we were 1-0 down. I don't think we deserved that. This set of players had a set-back at half-time but we got an excellent response from them," said Freedman.

"It was nothing magical, we just had a few words about belief and to keep believing in our system and what we were doing.. It's a squad game , the Championship is all about the squad game. Championship football is very response. On any given Saturday you have to have a squad ready.

"Kevin Davies put a lot of work in for us first-half. I played that way because Cardiff are top of the league. they are a very good side. I've seen them twice this season and I would put a few quid on them getting promotion.”

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z2BDGUYnjW

Re: Malky - " To be honest we do feel hard done by "

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:35 am

No mention of the perfectly good goal Bolton had disallowed for offside then?

Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:20 am

NJ73 wrote:No mention of the perfectly good goal Bolton had disallowed for offside then?

No, but if you give Bolton the goal wrongly ruled out for offside, take away the penalty which they shouldn't have got and given us the penalty which we should have been awarded, then it would probably have finished 2-2, which arguably away from home against a Premiership team in all but name, we quite possibly deserved!

Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:22 am

Overthemoon wrote:
NJ73 wrote:No mention of the perfectly good goal Bolton had disallowed for offside then?

No, but if you give Bolton the goal wrongly ruled out for offside, take away the penalty which they shouldn't have got and given us the penalty which we should have been awarded, then it would probably have finished 2-2, which arguably away from home against a Premiership team in all but name, we quite possibly deserved!

Holy fuk :lol:

Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:27 am

NJ73 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Holy fuk :lol:

:) Thought you were good at maths! :?

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:06 am

Overthemoon wrote:

What about the pen Bolton should have had first half? Turner clumsily took down Davies?

Malky Moans at it again.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:43 am

Did we deserve to win yesterday ? NO
Did we deserve a draw yesterday ? NO

First half we was one up and I would say we deserved that. But the second half we got exactly what we deserved and that is nothing. We did what we do in most games we sit back and let the other side attack, gain momentum and confidence, when that happens you will invite mistakes, but yesterday it was the referee who got the blame.
In fact the linesman helped us out but there was three penalty shouts yesterday and none should of been given including there pen from which they scored.
We lost yesterday and we deserved to loose I am not going to hide from that.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:08 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Did we deserve to win yesterday ? NO

First half we was one up and I would say we deserved that. But the second half we got exactly what we deserved and that is nothing. We did what we do in most games we sit back and let the other side attack, gain momentum and confidence, when that happens you will invite mistakes, but yesterday it was the referee who got the blame.
In fact the linesman helped us out but there was three penalty shouts yesterday and none should of been given including there pen from which they scored.

Unbelievable but highly predictable post Nukes and the only thing missing is that DF masterminded the victory.

No need to hide your true feelings as it's clear nothing will make you happier than us failing to get promoted this season.

A Cardiff fan my arse mate.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:56 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

What about the pen Bolton should have had first half? Turner clumsily took down Davies?

Malky Moans at it again.

Most managers have their say after blatant key decisions have been given against them!

Managers are obliged to answer questions after the match and I can't see why this is seen as moaning, when he's merely answering the questions asked by the interviewer(s)!

If you want to see moaning however, just watch Arsene Wenger's after match interviews, especially yesterdays!

I've been to several of our away matches this season and even though we've won at Millwall & Ipswich, IMO this was our best away performance so far, save for possibly the 0-0 draw at Brighton, which could have gone either way!

We played against a Premiership squad yesterday, who found their form somewhat in the second half, after we had limited them to no efforts to trouble Marshall in the first half!

They were always going to come out in the second half, up the tempo and cause us more problems, which until the wrongly awarded penalty, we'd weathered again!

There were far more positives to take from yesterday's performance, than many of our previous away showings so far this season and it's us fans that should stop moaning and analyse things more discerningly!

We played a 4-4-2 formation which most people had asked Malky to play and although we didn't trouble Bolton too much in the first 60 minutes or so, I'd say that this was down to the quality of cross into the box on many occasions, as we seemed to pick out the first defender far too often, after some pretty decent approach play!

There's one thing for sure, Bolton's left back will hope he won't have to face somebody of Noone's capabilities every week, as he turned him inside out on so many occasions yesterday, that he must have left the pitch giddy!

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:34 am

Getting more and more that feeling of Deja Vu, we've been top of the table before, moaning manager before, manager with no idea how to change a game plan before, manager whose taken us to Wembley. Is Malky a clone of Dave Jones or is he just making a good impression of it?

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:45 am

castleblue wrote:

Unbelievable but highly predictable post Nukes and the only thing missing is that DF masterminded the victory.

No need to hide your true feelings as it's clear nothing will make you happier than us failing to get promoted this season.

Chief get your head out of your arse ! I am putting bias to one side and saying as I saw it ! We wasn't robbed we lost and lost fairly IMO. So where you got your I want us to loose bullshit from I don't know. Just because I am saying it as I see it you don't like it well tough.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:58 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Chief get your head out of your arse ! I am putting bias to one side and saying as I saw it ! We wasn't robbed we lost and lost fairly IMO. So where you got your I want us to loose bullshit from I don't know. Just because I am saying it as I see it you don't like it well tough.

I'm not the one with my head up my arse Nukes. But in my opinion you are without doubt the most negative poster on this board. You really need to get down off the cross because someone else needs the wood.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:16 pm

so your saying we deserved to be in front the first half,which means we had the better half
an the second half the home team played better and won that half of the match
but city did not deserve the draw,baffling?

Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:16 pm

castleblue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
castleblue wrote:

I'm not the one with my head up my arse Nukes. But in my opinion you are without doubt the most negative poster on this board. You really need to get down off the cross because someone else needs the wood.

Up you get then Chief I have had my go

Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:25 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Up you get then Chief I have had my go

Don't need a cross, never have, but you have been on your "We need to play 4-4-2" cross for weeks and when MM does it you still post nonsense like we deserved nothing from the game. Thing is nothing is good enough for you and that's clear to see.

We were a goalkeepers head away from an excellent point yesterday but you lack the capacity to acknowledge that. Life is so much better up on that cross isn't it.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:32 pm

sleepers wrote:
Did we deserve a draw yesterday ? NOirst half we was one up and I would say we deserved that. But the second half we got exactly what we deserved and that is nothing. We did what we do in most games we sit back and let the other side attack, gain momentum and confidence, when that happens you will invite mistakes, but yesterday it was the referee who got the blame.
In fact the linesman helped us out but there was three penalty shouts yesterday and none should of been given including there pen from which they scored.e lost yesterday and we deserved to loose I am not going to hide from that.

so your saying we deserved to be in front the first half,which means we had the better half
Nukes. If I may answer on your behalf.
1st half we just about shaded it without looking threatning and the one bit of quality play resulted in the goal with our only shot of the game in 95+ minutes.
2nd half they pinned us back, we weathered it, were back in control then sat back. Freednan made a couple of positive substitutions and then they were all over us. The equaliser was coming and whilst it was a soft pen it was no more than they deserved.
Malky then went all negative with his substitutions and Freednan won the tactical battle.

To conclude when we were shading the first half we didnt create enough.

When Bolton were on top they created plenty and done more to win the game.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:02 pm

Castleblue you said I had been banging on about 4-4-2 all the time and in fact I have said if you have read my posts there is nothing wrong with 4-5-1 if the right personnel was played.
But when Malky plays that system he goes with Whitts out of the way where. He can't hurt no one and no pace. Which results in us creating very little.
Now I have not once called for Malky's head and I challenge you to find such a post. I just feel he is a long way off getting it right away from home something Sky picked up on yesterday.
God help us if we have a dip at home because we will tumble.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:07 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
sleepers wrote:
Did we deserve a draw yesterday ? NOirst half we was one up and I would say we deserved that. But the second half we got exactly what we deserved and that is nothing. We did what we do in most games we sit back and let the other side attack, gain momentum and confidence, when that happens you will invite mistakes, but yesterday it was the referee who got the blame.
In fact the linesman helped us out but there was three penalty shouts yesterday and none should of been given including there pen from which they scored.e lost yesterday and we deserved to loose I am not going to hide from that.

Nukes. If I may answer on your behalf.
1st half we just about shaded it without looking threatning and the one bit of quality play resulted in the goal with our only shot of the game in 95+ minutes.
2nd half they pinned us back, we weathered it, were back in control then sat back. Freednan made a couple of positive substitutions and then they were all over us. The equaliser was coming and whilst it was a soft pen it was no more than they deserved.
Malky then went all negative with his substitutions and Freednan won the tactical battle.

To conclude when we were shading the first half we didnt create enough.

When Bolton were on top they created plenty and done more to win the game.

i think we had the better the first half an they had the better the second half,that why i think the draw would have been
a fair result but that just my thoughts,an didnt marshall have a shot cleared of the line in the second half
in injury time,but have to agree we do not look threating going forward yesterday :ayatollah: :ayatollah: