Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We are still top of the league!

Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:52 pm

It's November 3rd and we have already equalled the number of defeats we had on the road last season. Another 2 goals conceded today but looking at the Bolton squad, any team will do well to get any sort of result when that Bolton squad hits form. Bolton were no better than us today, we dominated in patches but N'gog in particular changed the game. A player like Marvin Sordell wasn't even used. We think we have depth this season and we do have more depth than the majority of other clubs, but with 4 key players injured, any team will struggle to maintain top of the league form. Today we were simply cheated out of a point by the referee, there's no way on earth that foul on Hudson could have been missed, I believe the referee bottled it. But as long as we keep winning at home, we will be fine. When Smith, Mutch, Bellamy plus Maynard later on return, we should be fine. We are still top of the league despite these injuries, we are doing well and key players coming back will improve us further. I am not hugely alarmed at our away form just yet as we have 4 key players out. I would only be alarmed at our away form if we had a fully fit squad at the moment. Obviously, there's still plenty of room for improvement away from home, but our team is getting chopped and changed with our injuries, when we get a fully fit squad and settled team, we will get even better. Stop getting on Malky's back and keep the faith. We are top of the league with a squad which has been assembled for a lot less than Bolton's, Leicester's, Blackburn's etc. We have no right to expect promotion as there are a few squads in our division a lot more expensive than hours. We are doing well, I believe Malky is the right man and we are still top of the league. Bring on Charlton so we can bounce back. :ayatollah: