Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VELIKONJA OVER GESTEDE

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:40 pm

About time Etien had a crack now. Me personally I think Rudy isn't good enough for this level

Re: VELIKONJA OVER GESTEDE

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:42 pm

Fair play, fans always find a scapegoat, but this hatred of Gestede really is quite something.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:45 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Fair play, fans always find a scapegoat, but this hatred of Gestede really is quite something.

come on mate, its hardly hatred, its just that he doesnt seem to make the diffrence coming off the bench that we require to turn a game around.

personally thinks he played good the last two home games but shouldn't have been brought on when he was today

Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:About time Etien had a crack now. Me personally I think Rudy isn't good enough for this level

Hmmm so you say on my post that they don't deserve a fan like me and you scape goat a player? I'm sure your not a fan the club deserve either idiot :roll:

Gavlar wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Fair play, fans always find a scapegoat, but this hatred of Gestede really is quite something.

come on mate, its hardly hatred, its just that he doesnt seem to make the diffrence coming off the bench that we require to turn a game around.

Not quite hatred but getting close.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:46 pm

WTFFFF

Eti would have had just the same impact as Mason against Mills and Knight = no impact.

Look at our pressure yet again when Rudi came on. A poacher like Eti to feed off the knock and flicks might have had an effect though.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:47 pm

I don't hate the guy by any means I just really do think he isn't good enough for Cardiff City. I would like to see Velikonja given an opportunity. I will always give my 100% support for any player pulling on our shirt, but that won't stop me having my opinions

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:47 pm

I totally agree mate, it's embarrassing! The lad done well tonight and never gave the ball away once!

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:48 pm

Mynachdy_Bluebird wrote:
Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:About time Etien had a crack now. Me personally I think Rudy isn't good enough for this level

Hmmm so you say on my post that they don't deserve a fan like me and you scape goat a player? I'm sure your not a fan the club deserve either idiot :roll:

As I said I would never slag off a player of ours on the pitch, but I do believe he isn't good enough as for calling me an idiot f**k off prick

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:49 pm

Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:

I don't hate the guy by any means I just really do think he isn't good enough for Cardiff City. I would like to see Velikonja given an opportunity. I will always give my 100% support for any player pulling on our shirt, but that won't stop me having my opinions

I think Velikonja will be like Kimbo. Malky will take his time integrating him into the team.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:49 pm

Don't care if we have a player not good enough for league 2 I'll support the player because he's playing in a ccfc shirt

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:51 pm

You cannot be slating Gestede, you look at the amount of pressure created from wide play when he came on ESPECIALLY COMPARED TO HELGUSON AND MASON'S IMPACT it's a no brainer.

He's getting some very unfaier criticizm. I'm really not saying compliment him but when you slate him and not some today like Cowie Helguson and Mason it REALL GETS ON MY NERVES :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:19 pm

I agree on this one,rudi is'nt an out & out striker,if we dont give etien a chance we'l never know & charlton is perfect for him.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:21 pm

nigvaughn wrote:I agree on this one,rudi is'nt an out & out striker,if we dont give etien a chance we'l never know & charlton is perfect for him.

I completely disagree.

We can't be giving an unproven striker a chance in a vital game. This is no game to experiment.

Give him a spot on a bench, if we are 2-0 up and looking comfortable then give him some game time instead of Mason.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:19 pm

Very optimistic we wont go 2-0 up unless we get a striker who can score goals & it aint looking like we r capable of scoring 2 goals away from home.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:21 pm

Gestede is shit. No one hates him, he's just shit. Anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:23 pm

scored 2 at bristol 2 at palace ..what is your point :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:24 pm

gestede makes a different when he comes on fact :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:37 pm

CCFC 24 wrote:
nigvaughn wrote:I agree on this one,rudi is'nt an out & out striker,if we dont give etien a chance we'l never know & charlton is perfect for him.

I completely disagree.

We can't be giving an unproven striker a chance in a vital game. This is no game to experiment.

Give him a spot on a bench, if we are 2-0 up and looking comfortable then give him some game time instead of Mason.

What so gestede is a proven striker now is he? :lol:

Now, I don't dislike Gestede, and he has his pros and cons too, but personally IMO he definitely isn't cut out to make a big impact in this league! He isn't the kind of striker we want to be bank rolling into the premier league, if that is where we are heading?

Velikonja is twice the striker Gestede is! I've seen enough of his seasons in the Maribor team to judge that, compared to the limited substitute appearances Rudy is having.... If we are spending over £1.5m on a striker with Maynard out for the season, then I want to see him play over some free transfer from a second rate league in France?

Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:27 pm

Agree should be given a go ahead of Gestede.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:49 pm

Well I hate him. He offers nothing.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:17 pm

Gestede seems a nice guy, so I like him personally, but he he's not good enough at this level and should never be anywhere near our squad this season, let alone get on to the pitch.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:23 pm

gestede is shit, glad malky read my views on here to play a 4-4-2. hope he takes note gestede is shit, hes not a learning youngster hes 24, and should be at the top of his game, league 1 player, that was malkys mistake tonight bringing him on :roll:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:47 pm

Agreed. He is not as bad as people make out. This scapegoat culture is pathetic. Get behind our players as a unit, as a team, they win as a team, they draw as a team, they lose as a team. Singling players out makes me sick. Every single one of our players is quality and I love them all. PASSION! Let the haters hate and let them soon lick anus when the rewards start coming in. BLUE ARMY SHALL PROSPER!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:53 pm

Send bambi out on loan bring back earnshaw, at least he scores goals and is experienced at this level...
we have velikonja too.
We also have ralls who we know is a good player, which gives me a suspicion that velikonja is likely a good playerat this level

I dont get malky at times,

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:29 am

JonCCFC wrote:Gestede is shit. No one hates him, he's just shit. Anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid.

And that's that, then.

Stop posting like a 15-year-old

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:30 am

ninianblue wrote:gestede is shit, glad malky read my views on here to play a 4-4-2. hope he takes note gestede is shit, hes not a learning youngster hes 24, and should be at the top of his game, league 1 player, that was malkys mistake tonight bringing him on :roll:

Many strikers of his kind haven't peaked until their late twenties.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:31 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:Well I hate him. He offers nothing.

How can you hate a person you've never even met?

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:47 am

I agree that Velikonja deserves a run of games. Particularly now that Maynard's out.

I don't have the luxury of watching the players train day in day out to base my opinion on but every game that goes by I question why he isn't involved.