Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Post match discussion thread V Bolton

Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:34 pm

Just on my way back from the match. Here is what I thought of today.

Firstly, the stadium. Cameras don't do it justice, lovely ground packed with unique design features (if you like that) and especially outside with the old School flood lights beaming and can be seen for miles.

We played 442!!! Way hay! We were noticeably better than previous away games but we already knew that was gonna happen if we played 442 cos we have been a complete shower of shite previously. Noone was THE standout man again, he turned them inside out over and over and over again. The boys could sense this and kept looking for him every attack, his only fault though was that decisive ball we needed to win the game. He twice turned inside and had the goal in sight and didn't even get it on target.

We just seem to be our own enemy, they were good on the break at times and when they scored we lost it for a few minutes and let them take their chances, fair play to them cos we couldn't and lost! Good subs by freedman?

We came back strong, friel against oozes quality! Marshall nearly scoring always put me into a spasm!

Bolton stewards! Very eager all game, picking out kids and kicking them out all over, their crowd was relatively quite and our lot were in good spirits. Police though started giving aggro and it kicked off a bit, mostly pushing and shoving but totally uneccessary! was it shown on sky? hope mot cos it'll be the Cardiff fans that get tarnished it its that golden nugget that forces will use as evidence to bubble us.

Had a million corners and a lot of attacking possession, we need that deadly opportunist up front! Malky has shown that he takes criticism well and can adapt, hats off to him for that...but now is the time for Velikonja to at least get on the bench. If not, I think deserve just a little statement on why....

I'm scared this away form could be the headline reason for failing this season, we just need a few wins, even draws on the bounce and things will come together nicely!

Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:39 pm

Away fans today was noisy as fook. In the first half the city fans sounded like the home fans. All went quiet in the second as you seemed to know what was coming :cry:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:46 pm

Blame the ref, blame rudy, blame Malky, blame diving, blame anyone, but the fact is that the better team won. They shouldn't have had that penalty, but they also had a perfectly good goal disallowed, don't forget that.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:05 pm

CraigMc wrote:Blame the ref, blame rudy, blame Malky, blame diving, blame anyone, but the fact is that the better team won. They shouldn't have had that penalty, but they also had a perfectly good goal disallowed, don't forget that.

And we had a stone wall penalty not given to cost us a point by a cheating referee. Bolton were not better than us. We dominated in patches and Bolton only threatened when Petrov and in particular N'gog came on. I don't think we did enough to win, but a draw would have been a very fair result. Bolton didn't deserve to win today and that's not me being biased. Bolton having a very soft penalty evened out their offside goal. But we never had a decision to even out the stone wall penalty at the end, so whatever swing you try putting on it, the key decision went against us today and cost us what would have been a very fair point.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:06 pm

CraigMc wrote:Blame the ref, blame rudy, blame Malky, blame diving, blame anyone, but the fact is that the better team won. They shouldn't have had that penalty, but they also had a perfectly good goal disallowed, don't forget that.

We should have had a penalty.

I don't think they were any better. I felt a draw would have been the right score. There isnot much you can do about 2 terrible decisions.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:21 pm

Agree with most comments. Rudy just is not good enough. Period. Their defence
hated the way they were being chased down first half, we stopped doing it second
half and started defending inside our half. Malky is playing Whittingham in EXACTLY
the right position. Centre midfield in a 4-4-2. But our wingers lacked penetration
today, so a lot of our movement was square, and we ended up going backwards.
Meaning Whitts was forced to drop. You cannot blame the manager for that. Once
Bolton got the upper hand, where did you expect Whitts to be? on the edge of their
box?? Bolton brought on two of the better forwards in the division, they changed the
game. They are a very good side, just not gelled yet. Under Freedman they will!!

Pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down... and start again!!

But Rudy's surely had his chance now? AND I'd start Frei before Kim Bo next match

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:30 pm

Sorry Dave but Whitts was played in front of the back four and Cowie was our attacking midfielder

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:54 pm

Bates was a complete tosser and reffed the game Bolton's way.
I could see what was coming as soon as he didn't book Mills early in the first half for pulling back Mason when he was away on goal.
He should also have given Warnock a second booking and off.
I think we played with credit given the task at hand and a point was the least we deserved.
If the lino made an error with ngogs disallowed, bates more than made up for it with the joke penalty.
How on earth we didn't get the hudson penalty is beyond me. It was clear from the dugout area and so what the fk was the linesman doing.
Whitts played very well and had the space to make the passes, just as he did for our goal.

Bolton may be in the championship with premier league players but they have obviously not forgotten premier league cheating.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:23 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8223509/

Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:50 pm

well at least we played better but must learn not to panic when things not going to plan, boltons subs changed game for abit and we seem to panic and go defensive with formation, yes we were pegged back but that is to be expected we should have a bit more faith in our ability and kept 442 but will get better (i hope) nothing to say about officials seems we are doomed to get the ones from blind institute! :D how many silly decisions is that now???? :(

Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:51 pm

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/li ... y-trotters

Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:55 pm

To be fair your nothing special though. Very average

Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:59 pm

Jimbo271979 wrote:To be fair your nothing special though. Very average

welll we are away but not at home! :lol: if we are average what does that make your team???? considering got you away with murder by official decision (our pen) :(

Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:09 pm

Cardiff boss Malky Mackay fumed at the officials after seeing his side beaten 2-1 by Bolton.

Craig Noone had set the leaders on their way but a Martin Petrov penalty that left Mackay raging was followed by a David Ngog winner.

"Do I feel hard done by? In a word yes," said Mackay. "Bolton had to come out and have a go in the second half and they got a penalty from nothing.

"David Ngog dived before he was even touched. I certainly hope the referee and the linesman look at their performances because neither of them were good enough.

"They had a goal which could have been given but the standard of officiating overall was not good enough.

"It has ultimately cost us the game and that could prove to be vital at the end of the season."

Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Jimbo271979 wrote:To be fair your nothing special though. Very average

We have 4 of our main players out injured. We are playing a weak team these days.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:57 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20107686