Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Post match discussion thread V Bolton

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Ive created this thread to pool the post match discussion, save a load of seperate threads being created. Fire away gents.

Re: Post match discussion thread V Bolton

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:23 pm

First off why have 1 striker on the bench in Gestede and then when down by a goal take off your second striker for a winger :? :?

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:23 pm

I can see the ref is gonna get a ripping off us tonight, and rightly so, he made some poor decisions, but overall this season we have had the more decisions go our way than against us IMO

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:25 pm

Gutted but still top

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:25 pm

Gavlar wrote:I can see the ref is gonna get a ripping off us tonight, and rightly so, he made some poor decisions, but overall this season we have had the more decisions go our way than against us IMO

Very true we cant put blame soley on the ref we werent very good today we sat back

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:27 pm

Gavlar wrote:I can see the ref is gonna get a ripping off us tonight, and rightly so, he made some poor decisions, but overall this season we have had the more decisions go our way than against us IMO

He was piss poor, first half he seemed to give us everything second half he lost the plot totally. Would have been one of the greatest finishes ever if Dogan (whatever his name is the Bolton keeper) had gotten his ugly ginger in the way of Marshalls shot.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:29 pm

baffled why velikonja wasnt on bench.. really think rudy is poor didnt win enough headers, or make any runs into spaces..

we lacked quality in and around the box.. we got the ball into some excellent positions through noone .. i also thought frei looked like a tidy player, has pace and very good on the ball.. should start next week in my opinion.

malky also waited to late to make a change, should have made a change soon after ngog came on.. gutting not to get anything on the road, but def some positives from that and think we will get a result away to charlton..

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:29 pm

Ah forgot to add that Doogie f*cking Freedman looks like an american politician.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:30 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:

Very true we cant put blame soley on the ref we werent very good today we sat back

A draw would have been a fair result, we did dominate in patches and it was only when Bolton put Petrov and N'gog on, the game changed. Unfortunately the referee and linesman didn't do their jobs to give the correct result. There is no way on earth both the referee and linesman could have missed that foul on Hudson, it's a shame the officials have to cheat. :(

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:30 pm

Shit referee, totally bottled it the wanker.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:33 pm

We sat back after scoring and played into Dougie’s hands. Gestede is not the answer and to play Whitts so deep should be made a criminal offence :evil:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:33 pm

So did we deserve to lose ? imo only just. But it was a poor match in the first half . Second half we didn't respond to the subs they made. Can't single any players out for criticism personally. They came at us with more intent and always looked like they could come back and snatch a win and they did.

It was always going to be a hard game though.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:34 pm

That was the 7th game on the trot, over 4 seasons, that we haven't won with Tony Bates as referee. When you think of the teams we have had over those 4 seasons that is some record. He couldn't wait to give that penalty from the moment Ngog flung himself to the floor.

We could have got a draw out of that game which given the quality of the Bolton squad would have been a good result. Fair play to Marshall he nearly got in right at the end from what would have been another Rudy assist.

Move on now to Charlton and to a win on Tuesday evening and hope that is the last we will see of Tony Bates this season.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:35 pm

Robbed of at least a point. Simples :x

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:35 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:We sat back after scoring and played into Dougie’s hands. Gestede is not the answer and to play Whitts so deep should be made a criminal offence :evil:

I agree with this, Gestede is not good enough for me, we havent GOT to have a target man, we could use Velikonja and reshuffle our abundance of midfielders to suit that style of play.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:39 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:We sat back after scoring and played into Dougie’s hands. Gestede is not the answer and to play Whitts so deep should be made a criminal offence :evil:

So we sat back in the 2nd half during which we have 7 attempts at goal, 9 corners, more possession :? Beaten by a dive simple as that. Gestede also headed the ball down for Marshall right at the end.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:43 pm

castleblue wrote:

So we sat back in the 2nd half during which we have 7 attempts at goal, 9 corners, more possession :? Beaten by a dive simple as that. Gestede also headed the ball down for Marshall right at the end.

But surely you cant be happy with one header down as his total contribution Castleblue?

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:48 pm

castleblue wrote:That was the 7th game on the trot, over 4 seasons, that we haven't won with Tony Bates as referee. When you think of the teams we have had over those 4 seasons that is some record. He couldn't wait to give that penalty from the moment Ngog flung himself to the floor.

We could have got a draw out of that game which given the quality of the Bolton squad would have been a good result. Fair play to Marshall he nearly got in right at the end from what would have been another Rudy assist.

Move on now to Charlton and to a win on Tuesday evening and hope that is the last we will see of Tony Bates this season.

I don't know how he can be allowed to referee again after that.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:52 pm

Gavlar wrote:
castleblue wrote:

But surely you cant be happy with one header down as his total contribution Castleblue?

I don't think Rudy is a starting player but late in the game he has a nack of creating problems for opponents. I do think it's time that Velikonja got a starting place as from what I've seen of him he would offer more than Mason or Helguson did today.

I think if you have recorded the game and watched it again you will see Rudy actually linked play on 7 occasions after he came on, 4 more than Helguson who had twice the game time. Trust me watch the whole game again and you will see those stats are accurate. Rudy gets a bad press sometimes and whilst he is awkward, lacking co-ordination and balance he done far more than Helguson today.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:54 pm

castleblue wrote:

got to say that penalty made up for the disallowed goal. Yes we sat back and most of the attempts was after we went 2-1 down. And Gestede was shite apart from his knock down for Marshall.
I was out of my seat for that and fell to my knees when it got deflected wide.
But my biggest gripe by a country mile is how he is playing Whittingham :evil:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:57 pm

we only showed any intent in the last twenty minutes,same old storey away from home---far too negative for much of the game :old:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:01 pm

We deserved a point, some of the referee's decisions were awful. :x

Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:03 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
castleblue wrote:

got to say that penalty made up for the disallowed goal. Yes we sat back and most of the attempts was after we went 2-1 down. And Gestede was shite apart from his knock down for Marshall.

You have to admit though the havoc and panic was massive when Gestede came on, you compare that with the panic Helguson and Mason caused and the effect is vastly different don't you agree. You could say the effect was down to wingers but Cowie was out wide, how many times do you see him take on a man and box it? :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:04 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
castleblue wrote:

I agree about Whitts it's such a waste to lose hisquality further up the pitch as his cross for our goal proved. MM needs to sort out how we intend to play away from home as I think we are some way off looking a team who can impose themselves on a game.

Away from home is a completely different challenge for us and in my opinion Whitt / Cowie central midfield pairing isn't strong enough. We need a nasty player like Kiss in there away from home someone who will put themselves about and move Whitts forward.

That probably means 4-5-1 :o But who plays the 1 :? Not Helguson, Mason or Gestede for me so either we go get a player on loan or give Velikonja a go.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:07 pm

Anyone got any idea what our chance/shot conversion rate is this season?

I know we didn't make a lot of shots until late on today but even though we've scored quite a lot this season I still feel our conversion rate is a bit low.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:11 pm

Aramore wrote:Anyone got any idea what our chance/shot conversion rate is this season?

I know we didn't make a lot of shots until late on today but even though we've scored quite a lot this season I still feel our conversion rate is a bit low.

We score a goal every 6.15 attempts at goal which has only been lower, 5.93, once since our return to the Championship. Last season it was 7.95.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:13 pm

castleblue wrote:
Aramore wrote:Anyone got any idea what our chance/shot conversion rate is this season?

We score a goal every 6.15 attempts at goal which has only been lower, 5.93, once since our return to the Championship. Last season it was 7.95.

It's probably just me expecting to score every single chance then :lol:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:16 pm

Aramore wrote:
castleblue wrote:

It's probably just me expecting to score every single chance then :lol:

That makes 2 of us. ;)

Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:17 pm

castleblue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
castleblue wrote:

I agree about Whitts it's such a waste to lose hisquality further up the pitch as his cross for our goal proved. MM needs to sort out how we intend to play away from home as I think we are some way off looking a team who can impose themselves on a game.
E
Away from home is a completely different challenge for us and in my opinion Whitt / Cowie central midfield pairing isn't strong enough. We need a nasty player like Kiss in there away from home someone who will put themselves about and move Whitts forward.

That probably means 4-5-1 :o But who plays the 1 :? Not Helguson, Mason or Gestede for me so either we go get a player on loan or give Velikonja a go.

Gestede :o sorry but please. Whitts needs to be the attacking midfielder bar none. He is the best player in the championship and Malky is using him in front of the back 4 of which many can do that including Cowie. But none and I mean none can make the impact of an attacking central midfielder.
Gunnerson should of come on sooner. Kim shocked me as he is like a Rottweiler out there but he seemed to reckless at times, but he will learn. And I have to mention Conway his crosses are one of the best in this division and he is ignored.
But roll on Charlton and its another learning curve for Malky and away from home he needs to learn and learn quick other wise the pressure on him to keep winning the home games will be immence.
I give Malky stick but I still want him as our manager 100% Chief he just needs to learn as we all know we need to go up this season.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:31 pm

My thoughts are:
Kimbo is more a liability than not. I was expecting the worse from the start too clumsey. I would not play him and wonder if he is forced on Malkey.
Mason takes too many touches and is indesisive.
Saying this we were Smith, Maynard, Bellamy and Mutch short and as we wont win every match I was happy with our performance against a strong Bolton away from home.
Top of the league and we will get stronger. :ayatollah: