Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anyone know of any quick job opps out there? Comet victim!

Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:40 pm

Would appreciate any leads for a quick job fix, will shovel shit if I have too, Comet are keeping us in the dark and dont want to take any chances, even though there may be a buyer at the 11th hour, the administrators are the same as Woolies had, look what happened there. Its awful for all of us and we are still in shock, when we thought we were doing so well and taking a lot of business off Currys and price matching Amazon! Have a pregnant wife hence the intense urgency, and a 2 year old appreciating xmas for the 1st time. Sob story maybe just the facts. Season ticket amongst other things may have to go the wife said earlier if I have no job next week, which many of my colleagues think will happen as the shutters have been down in all stores most of the day. . What a b*stard this is!

Done lots from store management, independent small business partnership, bar management, cold calling, clerical, retail, working in music and the arts, factory work, troubleshooting customer service issues, so will stack shelves if I have to, so once again will appreciate any pointers especially closer to home in Newport/Torfaen so i could sell the car and car share with the wife. Cheers :ayatollah:

Re: Anyone know of any quick job opps out there? Comet victi

Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:09 pm

Haven't heard of anything sorry mate. Sounds like a shit situation though, another victim of the faceless and blameless.
Will keep an ear out. :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:14 pm

Might have something for you mate, only telesales but if interested drop me a pm and i'll speak to the boss :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Kept in the dark is better than dole.Don't walk until a)your pushed b)you have a written job offer.Also,look into the possibility of a transfer.I could be wrong but aren't Comet part of a group of companies.Considering wev'e supposely just come out of ressession it still very hard out there.Good luck to you.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:02 pm

I know he was a bit of a prick on here but hes a decent enough fella, who will do anything to help someone if he can, so why dont you get in touch with Angry Man aka Adam Brown.

I know he only has a casual agency but he may have some contacts, or some casual work for you.

Best of luck. :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:21 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:I know he was a bit of a prick on here but hes a decent enough fella, who will do anything to help someone if he can, so why dont you get in touch with Angry Man aka Adam Brown.

I know he only has a casual agency but he may have some contacts, or some casual work for you.

Best of luck. :ayatollah:

I was going to suggest that as he did often put up on here various jobs, TUIB, they may not be the best of jobs but if he can help then at least it can tide you over until something better comes along. Loosing a job is shit at the best of times but with christmas just round the corner and a new addition to your family on the way then couldn't be worse. Still at least you are doing something postive already so with that attitude I'm sure you'll find something.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:45 pm

M&S are looking for staff, go to the website.

Most shops will be for Xmas so just go drop off some CV's

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Sorry to hear Steve. Fingers crossed it doesn't come to this mate. I read on here Royal Mail are after Xmas staff. Like I say only what I read on here, but could tie you over until Xmas!

Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:20 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:Would appreciate any leads for a quick job fix, will shovel shit if I have too, Comet are keeping us in the dark and dont want to take any chances, even though there may be a buyer at the 11th hour, the administrators are the same as Woolies had, look what happened there. Its awful for all of us and we are still in shock, when we thought we were doing so well and taking a lot of business off Currys and price matching Amazon! Have a pregnant wife hence the intense urgency, and a 2 year old appreciating xmas for the 1st time. Sob story maybe just the facts. Season ticket amongst other things may have to go the wife said earlier if I have no job next week, which many of my colleagues think will happen as the shutters have been down in all stores most of the day. . What a b*stard this is!

Done lots from store management, independent small business partnership, bar management, cold calling, clerical, retail, working in music and the arts, factory work, troubleshooting customer service issues, so will stack shelves if I have to, so once again will appreciate any pointers especially closer to home in Newport/Torfaen so i could sell the car and car share with the wife. Cheers :ayatollah:

not a sob story mate......and exactly the reason we should close our borders and look after the citizens of G.B.,,,DONT GIVE UP,.......keep trying, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:22 pm

best of luck mate

Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:07 am

What about Admiral - my daughter works in Newport office and they are always looking for people

Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:29 am

all you need is your upto date CV... ON MONDAY go into blue arrow, red crecruitment, reed and acorn agencies in town monday, register with them
make sure you Add on your CV (you can even just try without a CV.. but tell them you've worked in a call centre, here's a Tip
you can use o2 or vodafone
as they closed and theres no way of them getting a reference.... (they wont want one anyway)

to be honest though you dont even need experience on the phone they will get you interviews before the end of the week.

I've done it about 11 times in my life and always got a job

Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:22 pm

Thank you Bluebirds for taking the time and giving me some useful tips and encouragement, much appreciated. Still in the dark, a fire sale is a possibility but hoping that as Newport Road where I work, Cribbs Causeway and Swansea made profits this year that they keep us open, but the vibes are that its liquidation unless a buyer is found, we will I think remain open for a week or two at most, hope I am wrong and a white knight arrives!

Still paying monthly for The season ticket but it stays for now ! 3 points to get the adrenilin pumping again Malky please !!
:ayatollah:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:29 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:Would appreciate any leads for a quick job fix, will shovel shit if I have too, Comet are keeping us in the dark and dont want to take any chances, even though there may be a buyer at the 11th hour, the administrators are the same as Woolies had, look what happened there. Its awful for all of us and we are still in shock, when we thought we were doing so well and taking a lot of business off Currys and price matching Amazon! Have a pregnant wife hence the intense urgency, and a 2 year old appreciating xmas for the 1st time. Sob story maybe just the facts. Season ticket amongst other things may have to go the wife said earlier if I have no job next week, which many of my colleagues think will happen as the shutters have been down in all stores most of the day. . What a b*stard this is!

My 17 year old son started with this agency 2 weeks ago. He is now working in Cardiff Gate for British Gas call centre.
http://www.wildrecruitment.co.uk/job-se ... s-cardiff/
:)

Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:05 pm

Steve sorry to hear about this mate, hope things sort out soon. You are a good lad fair play. I cant imagine you being out of work long :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:52 pm

Do you have PPE mate..? If so can get you labouring work away for a few days. Leaving Newport tomorrow afternoon and returning on Tuesday evening.

contact@meerkatrecruitment.co.uk :ayatollah: