Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who else on here hates the Ayatollah???

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:18 pm

I f*cking hate it!! i'll use the smiley on here just to re-iterate a 'happy Cardiff feeling'

But would i do it in public, or to another City fan passing on a coach or summit? Or in
the ground?

Cringeworthy as f**k. It had its day many moons ago.

Yes or no.

Who likes it :D

Re: Who else on here hates the Ayatollah???

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:38 pm

Love it, it's unique to the club :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:40 pm

It is 100% Cardiff City. Loves it.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:40 pm

Part of our identity
love the players and malky doing it to the fans and eveyrone doing it on the coaches back from away matches when we win
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:46 pm

Love it! Its a major part of who we are and its unique :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:47 pm

Sorry mate, it's unique to us, I love it. :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:48 pm

Love it.

On the other hand, the I know that Shah of Iran f*cking hated the Ayatollah.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:49 pm

It is CCFC and I don't want to see it hijacked by Mo Farrah.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:49 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Love it.

On the other hand, the I know that Shah of Iran f*cking hated the Ayatollah.

That's true, the Shah of Persia.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:50 pm

Our blue kit has been taken from us, our bluebird is next. Its important we keep the :ayatollah: to have a bit of identity left.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:51 pm

Well the Ayatollah certainly is a c**t but he hasn't affected me, so I don't hate him nor do I like him. :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:54 pm

I like it because it's unique and it's ours, but cringe like f**k when there's some 60 year old man on a passing coach coming from an away game with a Cardiff shirt on with his name on the back and he does the :ayatollah: . :lol:

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:58 pm

I'm with Taffy, I hate it. If it is 'part of our identity' then so are red shirts.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:00 pm

Im with you Taff. Only use it on here, have never really done it, maybe as a kid when I first started going.

I did chuckle the other day was on a coach with lads from work on way to Cheltenham races, same day we were away to Forest.

A coach of City drives past thinking we were also City and start hammering the ayatollah, expecting one back and all they got was the finger and a load of wanker signs. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Mario Polotelli on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:01 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:I like it because it's unique and it's ours, but cringe like f**k when there's some 60 year old man on a passing coach coming from an away game with a Cardiff shirt on with his name on the back and he does the :ayatollah: . :lol:

Hey smudger there's nothing wrong with a sixty year old man on a coach doing the :ayatollah: and although I haven't got a city shirt with my name on the back, I'm thinking of getting one now. :evil: :old: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:29 pm

I love it, it's our identity :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:32 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I love it, it's our identity :ayatollah:

this^^

And i got my 17month old baby doing it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:33 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Im with you Taff. Only use it on here, have never really done it, maybe as a kid when I first started going.

I did chuckle the other day was on a coach with lads from work on way to Cheltenham races, same day we were away to Forest.

A coach of City drives past thinking we were also City and start hammering the ayatollah, expecting one back and all they got was the finger and a load of wanker signs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats why you didnt see rudy have a blinder then polo :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:46 pm

It's been a part of us for twenty years now. We are associated with it. When most things are copied from one club to another that :ayatollah: is unique to us. Only us do it. So sorry Taffy I can't agree there
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:48 pm

It's had it's day i cringe when that tosser Ali say's Canton do the ayatollah,ect.then you look over to the away fans and they're taking the piss.The only time i liked it was when Gareth Thomas scored a try , or that swimmer whos's name i forget did it at the olympics

Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:49 pm

i love it and tbh i wish we did it more! .... what makes me cringe is the stand up if you hate swansea song! pathetic!

Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:09 pm

Love it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:12 pm

AHERNE wrote:i love it and tbh i wish we did it more! .... what makes me cringe is the stand up if you hate swansea song! pathetic!

it was pretty funny when we were doing the stand up if you hate swansea at leeds away last season when the nazi stewards kept screaming at people to sit down :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:14 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/22266090028/

Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:19 pm

AHERNE wrote:i love it and tbh i wish we did it more! .... what makes me cringe is the stand up if you hate swansea song! pathetic!

Have to agree with this^^^ Can't stand it and the bastardised hymns and arias one when were not even playing them! :oops:

Love the Ayatollah it's ours long may it stay that way! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:30 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Love it, it's unique to the club :ayatollah:

Same here.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:35 pm

taffyapple wrote:I f*cking hate it!! i'll use the smiley on here just to re-iterate a 'happy Cardiff feeling'

But would i do it in public, or to another City fan passing on a coach or summit? Or in
the ground?

Cringeworthy as f**k. It had its day many moons ago.

Yes or no.

Who likes it :D

One of Tan's disciples I presume. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:49 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:55 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :P

Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:04 pm

you moan when history and tradition is being thrown away, and then the one thing they can't change which is ours and you want to get rid of it?... f**k that! ayatollah is ours :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: