Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Nicky Maynard

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:09 pm

I was under the impression that he would be back for the final few games of the season which could have proved crucial,

But before the Watford game last Tuesday as he was getting out of his car me and some mates asked him if he would be back by the end of the season and if he was getting better and he said "I doubt it mate, but it's getting better slowley" but was on crutches. I was hoping for him to be back by the end of the season :oops:

Re: Nicky Maynard

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:21 pm

Maynard has said many, many times that he's unlikely to step back into the first team before the end of the season.

He's ruling himself out in order to avoid disappointment, should he not be ready.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:22 pm

saw him down the vale yesterday ...no crutches was walking unaided .....leg looked to be in tubalar bandage type strapping :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:34 pm

Will be able to play at a gamble in April imo. I think Malky may play him in one or two towards the end of the campaign even though he won't be 100%.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:38 pm

If we've guarenteed promotion before the end of the season, expect him to play the odd 15 minutes here or there if he's okay. Sharpen him up ready for the big boys league :D

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:39 pm

personally , i dont think we will see him until the beginning of next season... but its difficult to tell with this type of injury as the timescale can vary per individual .

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:42 pm

Ive always maintained he hopefully could be back by April 2013.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:50 pm

As long as we don't rush him back. We should wait until he's ready and I think that will be next summer.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:56 pm

He will come back and score the winning goal to get us promoted :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:56 pm

You can't rush that sort of injury. The leg mussels then need to be fully strengthened to help protect the knee.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:09 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:You can't rush that sort of injury. The leg mussels then need to be fully strengthened to help protect the knee.

Cockles and mussels alive alive o, you know I love you Chief. :lol:

Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:59 pm

Better to say he won't be back for any game this season than getting expectations up.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:44 pm

nobber wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:You can't rush that sort of injury. The leg mussels then need to be fully strengthened to help protect the knee.

:oops: :oops: :oops: I pasted a responce from Swansealad :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:31 pm

nobber wrote:

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:44 pm

BOWMAN wrote:
nobber wrote:

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Don't you start fooking encouraging him Sheriff :lol: :lol: