Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

team and tactics for bolton

Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:25 pm

whats everybodys team line up for saturday then ?
for me its 4-1-4-1!

marshall
connolly hudson turner mcnaughton
gunnarsson
frei kimbo whittingham noone
mason

subs - lewis taylor helgusson velinkonja conway cowie

4141 - gunnarsson protecting the defence behind a midfield 4 turning into a 433 when going forward with frei and noone supporting mason, and kimbo and whitts providing the passes to split the defense . helgusson has done well but bolton have big centre halfs in matt mills zat night and tim ream , i cant see heidur getting much luck against them in the air , on the other had all 3 are sluggish and mason quick feet and movement will be far more effective in my oppinion for this game .gunnarsson to sit at the back of the midfield and stop kevin davies runs from deep . i chose mcnaughton over taylor because any time taylor comes up against quick tricky wingers he struggles and mcnaughton seems to have the positional knowhow to stop chris eagles . even though weve seen very little of frei what i have seen with his running and pace gives me confidence he will give warnock at left back a horrible time hes slow and will prob have petrov supporting him who is way past his best , the left side of there team is there weak point in my opinion .bolton also play a 451 formation i hope we dont try to match it because it could make for a terrible game if we do ! oppinions ?? cmon city

Re: team and tactics for bolton

Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:29 pm

-------------------------Marshall----------------------
Connolly-------Hudson--------Turner---------Taylor
-----------------Gunnar-------Cowie-----------------
Noone------------------Whitts---------------Kim Bo
--------------------------Mason------------------------

Subs: Lewis, Kev, Kiss, Frei, Conway, Helguson, Gestede

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:05 pm

only 6 subs then thomas blue :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:37 pm

same team, same tactics as last week, no one deserves to get dropped.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:22 pm

dont understand why the same team and tactics cant be used again?! it obviously works so why does malky insist on changing it!

Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:47 pm

same team just think heidur might struggle against boltons big defence , possibly frei instead to run at them and gunnar instead of cowie ourely due to form even though cowie had a decent game v burnley

Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:49 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:only 6 subs then thomas blue :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

lol wanted to add a defender but struggled to name one apart from nugent ????? :? :? :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:09 pm

------------------------Marshall----------------------
Connolly-------Hudson--------Turner---------Taylor
-----------------Whitts-------Kiss-----------------
Noone--------------------Mason--------------------Conway
---------------------------Helguson----------------------

Kiss will sit in and protect the back 4.
Mason connects the midfield well
Noone conway are real wide players, so no square pegs in round holes

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:36 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:dont understand why the same team and tactics cant be used again?! it obviously works so why does malky insist on changing it!

Yeah should be exactly the same

Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:59 pm

same team as burnley, go for it none of this 1 upfront :ayatollah: