Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hello From Bolton

Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:19 pm

Hi there. I'm from a Bolton Wanderers forum called Burnden Aces. We run a Q&A feature where we get the views of opposition fans ahead of games. If you would like to take part, just answer the questions below:

Cardiff currently sit at the top of the Championship table, 3 points ahead of second placed Leicester. Do you think the team can keep it up and get promotion to the Premier League?

Your owners sparked controversy pre-season when they announced that the club would be changing it's home colours from blue to red. Has the change sunk in yet? Was re-branding the club a good move or do you think the club has thrown away part of it's tradition for money?

Former Wanderers striker Heidar Helguson is currently on the books at Cardiff. How has he been playing? Is he likely to be play on Saturday?

This week Bolton officially unveiled Dougie Freedman as their manager following Owen Coyle's sacking. The game on Saturday will be the former Crystal Palace boss's first in charge of the Wanderers. Do you think this was a good appointment and how do you see Bolton doing this season under him?

Peter Whittingham has been in great form so far this season. Who else is likely to be a hand full for Bolton on Saturday?

Which Bolton player do you think Malky Mackay will be earmarking as a potential threat to the Cardiff goal?

And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Reebok on Saturday evening?

I look forward to reading your answers. :thumbup:

Re: Hello From Bolton

Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:29 pm

bwfcbob123 wrote:Hi there. I'm from a Bolton Wanderers forum called Burnden Aces. We run a Q&A feature where we get the views of opposition fans ahead of games. If you would like to take part, just answer the questions below:

Cardiff currently sit at the top of the Championship table, 3 points ahead of second placed Leicester. Do you think the team can keep it up and get promotion to the Premier League?

Your owners sparked controversy pre-season when they announced that the club would be changing it's home colours from blue to red. Has the change sunk in yet? Was re-branding the club a good move or do you think the club has thrown away part of it's tradition for money?

Former Wanderers striker Heidar Helguson is currently on the books at Cardiff. How has he been playing? Is he likely to be play on Saturday?

This week Bolton officially unveiled Dougie Freedman as their manager following Owen Coyle's sacking. The game on Saturday will be the former Crystal Palace boss's first in charge of the Wanderers. Do you think this was a good appointment and how do you see Bolton doing this season under him?

Peter Whittingham has been in great form so far this season. Who else is likely to be a hand full for Bolton on Saturday?

Which Bolton player do you think Malky Mackay will be earmarking as a potential threat to the Cardiff goal?

And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Reebok on Saturday evening?

Most are bored to death with this question now

Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:32 pm

Hello??? Boreda on ere pal!! We are welsh ARRRRRGH!! Owain Glyndŵr, men of harlech, tom jones!! Only joking mate. If we get a draw at yor place then ill be happy. Gunna be a long day for us with the team you got all out to impress yor new manager, and us with the injuries we got and not quite upto it away from home just yet. I'd take a draw.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:33 pm

I think we have the squad but January will be crucial. We have a good manager but he needs to find the right mix away from home. Any other team I would say they are in pole position but we have learnt never believe as something always fcked us up.

Still feels weird an I think it always will for a certain generation. To me it doesn't feel permanent even though it most likely is.
At the end of the day we needed the investment so now I just hope Mr Tan finally pays off Langston our major creditor and can then convert his debt to equity.

If fit he will play. His work ethic for someone 35 is insane and he is a handful. I do feel he should be getting more goals but playing upfront on his own is a tough ask.

Decent manager, but naive especially when we played them in the cup with his "we are not scared" quip :lol:
I don't think it's the right job for him if I'm honest and I think he will need to be given time. Good young manager though. No doubt Lennie Lawrence will join up with him and he is a wise head.

We have a lot of good attacking players from midfield, Noone has been excellent, Gunnarrson scoring goals, Kim looked a handful and of course if Bellamy players that's another.

Kevin Davies

1-1

Apologies for spelling but one phone

Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:34 pm

bwfcbob123 wrote:Hi there. I'm from a Bolton Wanderers forum called Burnden Aces. We run a Q&A feature where we get the views of opposition fans ahead of games. If you would like to take part, just answer the questions below:

Cardiff currently sit at the top of the Championship table, 3 points ahead of second placed Leicester. Do you think the team can keep it up and get promotion to the PremierYup League?

Your owners sparked controversy pre-season when they announced that the club would be changing it's home colours from blue to red. Has the change sunk in yet? Was re-branding the club a good move or do you think the club has thrown away part of it's tradition for money?depends who you ask-some don't care-others are still on anti-depressents and just about every point between

Former Wanderers striker Heidar Helguson is currently on the books at Cardiff. How has he been playing? Is he likely to be play on Saturday?[/Yupb]

[b]This week Bolton officially unveiled Dougie Freedman as their manager following Owen Coyle's sacking. The game on Saturday will be the former Crystal Palace boss's first in charge of the Wanderers. Do you think this was a good appointment and how do you see Bolton doing this season under him?
given time he'll do OK

Peter Whittingham has been in great form so far this season. Who else is likely to be a hand full for Bolton on Saturday?every fucker in a cardiff shirt

Which Bolton player do you think Malky Mackay will be earmarking as a potential threat to the Cardiff goal?sorry don't know any bolton players-except that silly boy who should have come to us-Sodall or something like that-bet he wishes he had now

And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Reebok on Saturday evening?[color=#FF0000]0-3 to city[/color]

Cheers I've been as impartial as poss :lol:

Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:38 pm

1. Yes, this squad has what it takes

2. No it hasn't sunk in, especially not when teams come out of the tunnel at the CCS wearing blue. It wasn't a good move as it created a massive divide in supporters, and many people have stopped attending.

3. Playing well, winning balls in the air and scoring the odd goal, 4 now this season. He's likely to play as he only played an hour on saturday, plus we play 4-5-1 away where HH plays up top on his own

4. Good appointment, did well at Palace. I can see Bolton being there or thereabouts come May.

5. Peter Whittingham is God. Craig Noone will be a massive threat with his dribbling. While the likes of Hudson, Connolly and Turner will obviously be a threat in the air

6. Kevin Davies or Marvin Sordell. Sordell nearly joined us and played under Malky at Watford, so he knows what he's about

7. 2-1 City :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:40 pm

Yes I do. The only real threat to us will be injuries, yet we have Bellamy, Tommy Smith and Jordan Mutch
out, lost Ben Turner for a bit and are still top. We can do it.

We're all pissed off and YES tradition has been exchanged for money. However, as long as
they do not try and take the Bluebird from our badge/name. We can move on. See what happens
next season because if they f**k the Bluebird off... loads will walk

He will definitely be playing, and has been excellent this season. However, if Malky sticks with the
4-5-1 away from home.. Heider will be up there alone and may struggle

Craig Noone, Kim Bo Kyung, Kerim Frei

Nobody. He just told the defenders to play their normal game against Charlie Austin, he wasnt given
special treatment. We started defending from the top of the pitch and denied the Burnley midfield
space. Same again against you I hope

1-0 City. Whittingham

Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:12 pm

bwfcbob123 wrote:

Yes although some of us think we need to strengthen in January. Personally I don't think we will need to but will not complain if we do.

It has sunk in but I do not except it. I won't be happy until we return to blue regardless what division we are in.

Will definately play Saturday but he is nothing special.

A bit of a gamble appointment I feel. Freedman came out with a statement beofe last season Carlin cup semi final where he claimed we were scared to play Palace. Expect to hear the song " Dougy Freedman we are not f*cking scared" from us Cardiff fans Saturday.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:25 pm

Due to Malky's different approach to Malky in terms of building a team instead of a bunch of individuals(e.e Bothroyd,Bellers,Chops,Koumas etc 2010 onwards) we seem more of a group, along with our strength in depth being potentially vital we seem really good. One worry is our little dip we tend to have, we'll play great week after week for a while and then a performance e.e away to Forest will happen. To win like we did Burnley without Mutch,Maynard,Smith and Bellers proves our strength in depth, along with the quality of our defence considering the goals they have scored. I bloody well hope so mind, been far too long and with the debt still lurking like an odious stench along with mysterious ownership we need to get there ASAP.

Some could write a book based on this question. Has not sunk in yet for me, I clapped when Birmingham came out a few weeks ago. I still jump with joy when my hometown club score but whether the sensation of perhaps getting to the premier league would be as great as it could have been in Blue I highly doubt, which makes me pretty sad and am bricking myself. Then again it's us we aren't safe from relegation yet. I don't think it was a good move, the question is why? Surely the investment could have come in with us in blue but just boosting our history,tradition and pride a bit more. And yes the club has thrown away a part of our tradition and history, it's shocking in my opinion, the sheer amount of fans willing to bend over(change as you wish) was terrible. But the name's still Cardiff City FC. We play in the Cardiff City stadium in the city of Cardiff, and I still passionately enjoy supporting my club, time will tell I suppose!

He will most likely start, yes. He's great for us in the air and has scored some useful goals but on the whole has been a bit disappointing so far. Missing some headers he should be getting on target and generally being a bit of a donkey(don't worry Heidar most your age are). But considering his lack of service and mis-use when using the 4-5-1 he's done well, and for a free and his experience a good signing.

Good. I think Sordell will flourish. Considering lack of resources he's done great at Palace so with resources like yours it'll be very interesting. City fans will chant 'Dougie Freedman, we're not ******* scared' on Saturday referring media comments pre Carling Cup Semi Final second leg. I thought you'd be doing far better at this stage but look where Reading where Christmas last year. This league is so unpredictable, believe me we know, I think you'll be right up there. January will be crucial.

If whitts is played in an attacking role(or just not a defensive mid) he will be the best player on the pitch, he's simply unbelievable. Noone is a major threat, very tricky winger who's on form. Maynard would have been but our join second record signing did his ACL in ffs. Kim-Bo Kyung could be a threat, we know nearly as much as you do. Our defence is strong especially in regards to set pieces. Gestede is a nuisance because he dosen't act anything like a footballer on the pitch! Mason's a class finisher and if Bellamy's fit and on form he can be unstoppable.

Eagles, was hoping we'd got him many times but we never.

Bolton 0-5 Cardiff, we're on it

Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:39 pm

Yes, but only if we drastically improve our away form
IMO it's sunk in, I'm used to it, but i still would want blue back if possible
Given that Velikonja scored a hat-trick in a development game, Helguson's place is under competition but he's a good player who has come up with some really crucial goals
I think you should've stuck with Coyle but Freedman is a good manager, look what he did at Palace
Noone and Bellamy (if he plays)
Davies/Eagles, and Sordell tore us to pieces a couple of years back
1-2, Freedman's first game, he'll need some getting used to things

Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:43 pm

I'm quite confident that we can get automatic promotion.

I'm getting used to the change, that doesn't mean I'm happy with it. The rebrand was an idiotic move and we could've done everything we have done this season if we kept our identity and if the Malaysians had still invested millions into the club. The club has definitely thrown away part of our identity for money.

Helguson has been doing alright so far, he's scored some good goals. He plays every game so there's no reason why he shouldn't start on Saturday.

I think he is a decent appointment, you'll notice a chant coming from the Cardiff end due to his pre-match interview in the Carling Cup semi-final last season, claiming that we were scared of them (Crystal Palace). The chant goes "Dougie Freedman, we're not f*cking scared".

Every Cardiff player on the pitch will be a threat to Bolton.

Don't know many Bolton players to be honest, haven't taken much notice of them.

I'm going for a 0-0 draw, simply because I know Malky will play a 4-5-1 formation and we'll play crap, and Bolton haven't been doing that great this season.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:44 am

Cardiff currently sit at the top of the Championship table, 3 points ahead of second placed Leicester. Do you think the team can keep it up and get promotion to the Premier League? Injuries and suspensions permitting, yes.

Your owners sparked controversy pre-season when they announced that the club would be changing it's home colours from blue to red. Has the change sunk in yet? Was re-branding the club a good move or do you think the club has thrown away part of it's tradition for money? Some hate it and some aren't bothered. Whether it's a good move or not remains to be seen. I hate it and in my opinion, Cardiff City should keep the royal blue colour and the Bluebird. Very sad that any owner should throw away tradition, just because he can.

Former Wanderers striker Heidar Helguson is currently on the books at Cardiff. How has he been playing? Is he likely to be play on Saturday? I think he's done OK but some disagree. Malky has played 4-5-1 too often, especially away and I don't think it suits Helguson. I think he's in on Saturday and I'm hoping we'll play 4-4-2 with Joe Mason up front with Helguson.

This week Bolton officially unveiled Dougie Freedman as their manager following Owen Coyle's sacking. The game on Saturday will be the former Crystal Palace boss's first in charge of the Wanderers. Do you think this was a good appointment and how do you see Bolton doing this season under him? Shame about Coyle's sacking but I suppose it was inevitable. I've got a feeling that Freedman will do well, though and I'm concerned that he will make a good start - against us on Saturday.

Peter Whittingham has been in great form so far this season. Who else is likely to be a hand full for Bolton on Saturday? Craig Noone, on his day, will cause problems for most teams but he has had off days. Kim Bo Kyung made his first start for us on Saturday and really impressed. If Kerim Frei plays any part, you'll need to watch him (he's on loan from Fulham and looks tremendous.)

Which Bolton player do you think Malky Mackay will be earmarking as a potential threat to the Cardiff goal? Sorry, I've no idea about any Bolton players - I need to pay more attention - hopefully Malky has! :lol:

And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Reebok on Saturday evening? I honestly couldn't say for sure, although I think we're due a draw, so I'll go for 1-1.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:31 pm

Hello glad you finally got the internet up there......... ;)

Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:09 am

Thanks to everybody that answered the questions. The article is up here: http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/2012/11/03 ... -city.html

Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:03 pm

I think Malky will go 4 4 2 today and if we do, City will win.