Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Championship v Premiership

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:17 pm

Who has the worst officials?

For me it's a very close call. We don't half get some odd ones down the CCS, however I'll go home, put the tv on & watch the so called top boys make horrendous decisions too!!!

(p.s. on the same topic I thought the ref we had on Saturday was one of the best I've seen in ages. Hardly noticed his whistle which in my eyes meant he had a decent game. I know that sounds weird but I'm sure some fans will get where I'm coming from in that if you don't mention or notice a referee during a game then that's generally a good thing.) :ayatollah:

Re: Championship v Premiership

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:33 pm

The less the referee uses his whistle the better, unless there's an obvious decision to make

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:36 pm

I think the standard in the championship is appauling but then again theres always contrervsy in the premiership nowdays with the referees. The worse are the premier league referees that are sent to officiate Championship games, they always make it about them

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:40 pm

well apparently Clattenburg has not been given a match this weekend in the premiership at least.....

Any chance of seeing him at the Reebok on Saturday!??! lol :lol: :ayatollah:

I do agree with you about Prem ref's coming down here. I always get the feeling of "we're better than you" and they are doing us a favour dropping down a level.

I may be wrong but that's how it tends to come across.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:42 pm

I hate it when Howard Webb referees for us, he always does a shit job.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:43 pm

Deadman is the worst referee that we have. Awful/

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:43 pm

BobBankLoyalist wrote:well apparently Clattenburg has not been given a match this weekend in the premiership at least.....

I do agree with you about Prem ref's coming down here. I always get the feeling of "we're better than you" and they are doing us a favour dropping down a level.

I get the exact same feeling. To be honest I cant remember the last time I saw a decent referee down at our ground. I didnt go saturday as I am back in Uni and cant attend many matches

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:48 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
BobBankLoyalist wrote:well apparently Clattenburg has not been given a match this weekend in the premiership at least.....

I get the exact same feeling. To be honest I cant remember the last time I saw a decent referee down at our ground. I didnt go saturday as I am back in Uni and cant attend many matches

The ref on saturday came across as almost like an ex-player in the sense he let a lot of the silly niggles go, tried to keep the game flowing as much as possible, then went back and had a word with a culprit during the next break in play etc...

I think he went to his pocket 2 or 3 times (stats will tell you exactly) but in the main I thought he reffed the game exactly how most ref's should, i.e. be in the background and let the game flow.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:57 pm

BobBankLoyalist wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

The ref on saturday came across as almost like an ex-player in the sense he let a lot of the silly niggles go, tried to keep the game flowing as much as possible, then went back and had a word with a culprit during the next break in play etc...

I think he went to his pocket 2 or 3 times (stats will tell you exactly) but in the main I thought he reffed the game exactly how most ref's should, i.e. be in the background and let the game flow.

Thats what I think is wrong with the current referees is that fact they just dont understand the game enough. Its good to hear though that we can get a decent one occasionaly :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:10 pm

The good refs are the one you cant remember........ :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:29 pm

Whatever happened to Tony Philiskirk- wasn't he fast tracked ?

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:45 pm

its not so much the refs down city but the linesman/assistants they have made huge mistakes against us in past, like sat he kept giving offside 2 mins after city player came back from offside position!! funny wasnt seen on sunday chico for manu did same!!! mmmm

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:11 pm

Good and bad in both.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:19 pm

Denzil wrote:The good refs are the one you cant remember........ :ayatollah:

Never a truer word spoken however Howard Webb despite being bias towards United is an excellent referee. You only have to look at how he handled the Muamba situation.

:old:

Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:23 pm

Clattenberg ddnt get much wrong.

Refs are ropey in the champ but no where near as bad as the "assistants" ie linesman.