Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gerrard talkikng nonsense

Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:35 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20135129

Is Brenda drumming the old it doesn't matter about results because we try and play football into them :lol:

I thought Everton were excellent and very enjoyable to watch, certainly more so than Liverpool.

Re: Gerrard talkikng nonsense

Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:46 pm

The statistics, however, showed that Everton enjoyed greater possession, made more passes and completed proportionally fewer long passes than Liverpool.

Just about sums it up for me, I watched the match and I thought Everton played some really good stuff but...

...from his time down here, I can honestly say that Rodgers is great at dealing with the media, giving them what they want to hear and also saying what the fans want to hear. This has got Rodgers written all over it! Kind of makes Gerrard look a bit stupid, but that's no great stretch really is it?

Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:01 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20157093

trying to squirm out of it now :lol:

Jagielka said it all
"We don't believe in passing it around for half an hour for the sake of it. We won't change the way we play."

Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:07 pm

Everton were by far the better team
gerrard definetly talking nonsense and making himself look silly

Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:08 pm

The stats from Sunday's game are there for everybody to see, but stats are sometimes misleading. Liverpool were the ones trying to play the 'good' football, and Everton were the more direct ones.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:21 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:The stats from Sunday's game are there for everybody to see, but stats are sometimes misleading. Liverpool were the ones trying to play the 'good' football, and Everton were the more direct ones.

This. Gerrard is right but to be honest I don't really care. It's all trivial. Teams should be able to play to their strengths regardless and as long as it gets results that is all that should matter.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:22 pm

to be honest i find knocking the ball around the back 4 and sidewards / backwards passes from joe allen much more boring than getting the ball forwards more quickly and looking to score GOALS, not whore possession........ :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

it was a good even affair, i dont see the need to sour it with comments like the ones gerrard said :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:33 pm

What does he mean by direct then? stats showed they did longer long balls. I guess he doesnt like teams attacking :roll:

If passing the ball around in areas of non importance is how football should be played then god help us because I found liverpool massively boring and was very impressed with Evertons forward play.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:34 pm

There is only one stat that counts GOALS

Possession, shots, booking are meaningless, just fluff managers and superstar players spout to divert attention from results. Everton are above Liverpool in the league, they probably both bobble around 9/10th a bit of one scouse upmanship.