Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Military discounts

Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:41 am

Hey guys im back on this site after a while i was formaly "lagerlewis" im on leave untill the 10th and wanted to catch a city game and with the aweful money the army pay me i make the most out of the discounts i recieve, do CCFC do discounts do discounts on tickets?

Re: Military discounts

Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:54 pm

I don't think so but they definitely should do

:ayatollah:

Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:56 pm

i dont get why the armed forces should get a discount :?

Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:03 pm

paulh_85 wrote:i dont get why the armed forces should get a discount :?

Because they risk their lives every single day, showing great bravery fighting for our country.

Respect to the forces. :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:06 pm

lewis1991 wrote:Hey guys im back on this site after a while i was formaly "lagerlewis" im on leave untill the 10th and wanted to catch a city game and with the aweful money the army pay me i make the most out of the discounts i recieve, do CCFC do discounts do discounts on tickets?

I dont think they do a discount but I remember them having quite a few armed forces days.

Prices are pretty good anyway if you buy in advance :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:18 pm

if we gave discounts to soldiers who werent forced to join up, then should we give discounts to nurses too? ... what about factory workers like me who have to travel from tredegar, can i claim petrol allowance? :lol:

Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Ccfc Shane wrote:

Because they risk their lives every single day, showing great bravery fighting for our country.

i respect the job they do completely, still no reason for them to have a discount.

Their job is dangerous sure, but its just a job at the end of the day, no other low paying jobs get discounts.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:47 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Ccfc Shane wrote:

i respect the job they do completely, still no reason for them to have a discount.

Their job is dangerous sure, but its just a job at the end of the day, no other low paying jobs get discounts.

Personally I think everyone in the forces deserve discounts, bu we all have our own opinion. :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:58 pm

with most clubs, even quite a few in the prem, but especially champ, league 1 and 2, its free for millitary to go in home end if you just turn up at the ticket office with your millitary id. used to go and watch walsall quite a bit when i was based near telford. wish cardiff did the same but not gonna argue with the 'i get a shit wage too' lot :lol:

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:03 pm

Ccfc Shane wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Ccfc Shane wrote:

Personally I think everyone in the forces deserve discounts, bu we all have our own opinion. :ayatollah:

fair enough, maybe you could explain to me why you think that though? so at least i can try to see where you are coming from lol

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:16 pm

can't compare nurses to soldiers.. our soldiers risk their lives and could be called to their death at any time
(my mothers a nurse, two brothers in the forces)

Their wages aren't much kop and their equipment is out of date... my brother buys a lot of his stuff for exercises etc from civilian stores because the stuff their issued with is crap..

This country is a joke the way it treats our armed forces.. The americans treat their soldiers like royalty (ours too when they go over to the states)..

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:18 pm

JonnieBlue wrote:can't compare nurses to soldiers.. our soldiers risk their lives and could be called to their death at any time

Their wages aren't much kop and their equipment is out of date... my brother buys a lot of his stuff for exercises etc from civilian stores because the stuff their issued with is crap..

This country is a joke the way it treats our armed forces.. The americans treat their soldiers like royalty (ours too when they go over to the states)..

but they shouldnt be treated like royality, they should be treated like soldiers

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:27 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Ccfc Shane wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Ccfc Shane wrote:

fair enough, maybe you could explain to me why you think that though? so at least i can try to see where you are coming from lol

Because the bravery and courage they show to fight for this country, risking their lives everyday while getting paid a tuppence, they are true heros. :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:28 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
JonnieBlue wrote:can't compare nurses to soldiers.. our soldiers risk their lives and could be called to their death at any time

but they shouldnt be treated like royality, they should be treated like soldiers

I was merely emphasizing the fact they are shown respect and have a warm welcome wherever they go.. Good luck with ur discount

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:34 pm

Reasons why we should get discounts

1. Travel from Catterick to cwmbran costs £120
2. We pay for our food which tastes worse then a rassion pack (we want Jaymie Oliver)
3. Working 19 hour days (if lucky and been good boys)
4.NO WOMEN :(
5. Pay for boot polish averageing £5 weekly
6. 4 day exercises in a north Yorkshire winter forces spooning with your mate in a sleeping bag (some dont complain)
7.told by every civillian your going to die or loose your legs when you mention the A word
8.just over 1k a month
9. Pay out the nose for life insurance, car insurance, kit insurance.
10. Life tends to be pretty shit its nice to get a treat even prisoners get an xbox

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:35 pm

The club are having a forces day on the 10th of November against Hull for the lads who have just come back from Afghan.

My bro is in the army and when he was based in Canada for 6 months I decided to travel over for a fortnight.
Everywhere we went over there we were offered military dicount. From hotels to restaurants they really couldn't do enough.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:40 pm

lewis1991 wrote:Reasons why we should get discounts

2. We pay for our food which tastes worse then a rassion pack (we want Jaymie Oliver)
6. 4 day exercises in a north Yorkshire winter forces spooning with your mate in a sleeping bag (some dont complain)
7.told by every civillian your going to die or loose your legs when you mention the A word
8.just over 1k a month
10. Life tends to be pretty shit its nice to get a treat even prisoners get an xbox

My point exactly

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:41 pm

HighXBlue wrote:The club are having a forces day on the 10th of November against Hull for the lads who have just come back from Afghan.

My bro is in the army and when he was based in Canada for 6 months I decided to travel over for a fortnight.
Everywhere we went over there we were offered military dicount. From hotels to restaurants they really couldn't do enough.

My point exactly

Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:13 pm

8.just over 1k a month

but nobody forced you to join up did they? what did you think it was going to be like? ... trips to the costa del sol and barbados :lol:

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:43 pm

AHERNE wrote:

8.just over 1k a month

but nobody forced you to join up did they? what did you think it was going to be like? ... trips to the costa del sol and barbados :lol:

Here he is lads ,Mr I hate anything British !!!!!!!

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:44 pm

What do you do for a living , :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: See not just you can do this :roll: :roll:

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:18 pm

AHERNE wrote:

8.just over 1k a month

I get you :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:43 pm

Those who don't believe that all members of the forces should be given discounts will be willing to give them freebies when they protect you from the terrorists that are growing in numbers daily in this country. :evil:

Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:42 pm

Massimo Osti wrote:
AHERNE wrote:

8.just over 1k a month

Here he is lads ,Mr I hate anything British !!!!!!!

:lol: im loving that british card people throw at me :lol: i even had it from a dog thread the other day. i was laughing my bollocks off when the bloke said dogs are a british thing! ... and he owned a german fecking shepared :lol: :lol: :lol: