Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Are the jacks nicking our fans

Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:41 pm

Went to watch my boy play football at Caerau(Maesteg)first thing i saw when i parked was jack sticker on next car,team turned up kid wearing jack top,goes in clubhouse bloody signed shirts by jack hartson on wall.Had similar experience at Porhcawl few weeks ago.Thought there was strong Cardiff support in these areas.Makes my wonder if their support is bigger than i ever give credit for

Re: Are the jacks nicking our fans

Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:53 pm

It's only since they got promoted. I've been going to Porthcawl every year for a while now, used to see loads of City shirts. Still do, but more and more Jack shirts are popping up around there. The summer they went up there were tons of them down there :shock: :(

If we go up expect areas like that and Port Talbot to go very blue (or red)

Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:59 pm

Much more midlands based footie tops in porthcawl during the summer than cardiff or swansea

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:09 pm

Don't be ridiculous :lol:

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:11 pm

West Wales is white. It used to be blue but iv'e been going down there for four decades and iv'e seen a gigantuan change in support. You never saw any Jack tops or stickers until they moved to the liberty, since then there has been a boom. The past two summers it has really taken off. Still more United/Liverpool tops but that's the plastics for you.

:old:

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:22 pm

mugsy wrote:Don't be ridiculous :lol:

Who me? Trecco is a part of parkdean and over the last years more midlanders are coming because its cheaper than the other parkdean centres.
Ive seen loads of west brom, brum , wolves tops there

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:34 pm

Its spreading in the Gwent Valleys also lol, saw a jack top in Ystrad Mynach asdas last week, another lad with a swansea top on train to Bargoed and two lads near pengam on local football pitch. Sadly looks like they are infiltrating ccfc strongholds :?

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:19 pm

Absolute tosh our home crowds are not even down 10% on last year yet we are in a double dip recession and have just had a massive rebrand, I think our crowds are excellent considering those two facts, looking at other championship attendances clubs are having far worse crowd losses compared to last season an they have had no rebrand anyone who says its due to the rebrand are just using it as an excuse, yes it's had an impact but nowhere near what anyone thought it would it the tough times that are dragging down the numbers

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Loads more kids in Jack tops around Merthyr.

Also few fellas in the social club I drink used to watch Cardiff now watch Swansea.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:43 pm

Bet there aren't many in Malaysia :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:55 pm

In my oppinion Yes they are nicking fans some glory supporters,
theirs alot of city fans who lick man united or liverpool arse and will do anything to get tickets at the liberty for those games
then 75% in my oppinion enjoy the top flight so much they go back

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:01 pm

THEY WILL NEVER STEAL A REAL CARDIFF CITY FAN, IF ANY ARE GOING, THEN THEY CAN STAY THERE FOREVER AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:10 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
mugsy wrote:Don't be ridiculous :lol:

Who me? Trecco is a part of parkdean and over the last years more midlanders are coming because its cheaper than the other parkdean centres.
Ive seen loads of west brom, brum , wolves tops there

No - sorry Jinks - I was refering to the original question. :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:THEY WILL NEVER STEAL A REAL CARDIFF CITY FAN, IF ANY ARE GOING, THEN THEY CAN STAY THERE FOREVER AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED.

I wouldnt say they are claimed cardiff fan's annis but I've known of people who go down the city occasionaly but Follow premier league clubs religiously, such as man utd , Liverpool , since the jacks have been in top flight, They have gone down to watch their beloved clubs play swansea, and since been back,
the fact they are cardiff born though, in my oppinion you can only truely support 1 team, plus what happens when they end up in the same league

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:15 pm

well said annis ...if they have gone white from blue they were not real blue to start with ffs :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: good riddance :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:24 pm

subbuteoman wrote:Its spreading in the Gwent Valleys also lol, saw a jack top in Ystrad Mynach asdas last week, another lad with a swansea top on train to Bargoed and two lads near pengam on local football pitch. Sadly looks like they are infiltrating ccfc strongholds :?

Ahem there isn't an Asda in Ystrad Mynach Chief :lol: But some fooker asked me in Tesco's last week when he saw my blue top " do I think we can join them in the Prem next season" I said who's us pal and he moved part of his coat to reveal the most disgusting Swan I have ever seen. I nearly threw up all over Terry's chocolate oranges. I felt faint. Then the fooker just carried on shopping :evil: Seen one in Blackwood wondering round advertising he was the village idiot.
Must admit calmed down a lot as my comments to jacks has nearly got me into trouble and a couple of times in work as one guy threatened to report me because I called him a Jack b*stard. He said you can't call me that !! And I said, but I just did ! and you are :lol: Fook me I even got a mate who's a jack now :o I am getting old :old:

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:26 pm

You can have them back if you get to the PL.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:29 pm

Would not want any skanky plastic that smells of swansea tripe. you can keep em

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:THEY WILL NEVER STEAL A REAL CARDIFF CITY FAN, IF ANY ARE GOING, THEN THEY CAN STAY THERE FOREVER AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED.

100% AGREE WITH YOU ANNIS, THEY NOT CARDIFF FANS

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:39 pm

It's gone on for years.I know several who have switched allegiances along the way.Half the Neath/Port Talbot lot that now follow you,used to be Jacks.Gloryhunters innit.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:47 pm

Then they can just flitter between us then can't they. There heart ain't with either team and I hate them more than I do a passionate Jack. Those fans are hated by both sets and TBH no one wants em. We both can do better than those type of football fans. I am sure both sets of fans can say why don't you just fook off.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:58 pm

How anyone can switch club is beyond me. 32 years of CCFC and no matter what they are my club. I hate the Jacks with a passion and likewise any true JB will hate CCFC. Those who switch are complete and utter twats.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:12 pm

how can they nick our fans??? city fan is city fan surely wont consider moving alliance!! if so not city fans are they? besides if swans didnt fill stadium with extra 6k fans (14k av champ) something really wrong!! and down here in pembs they are non exsistant white shirts that is, all osprey fans. besides they have 10k waiting list so cant see anymore fans waiting in long que for non exsisting tickets. :roll:

ps visit swansea every week and only see swans shirt occasionally!!! must be very shy!!! :D

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:17 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Loads more kids in Jack tops around Merthyr.

Also few fellas in the social club I drink used to watch Cardiff now watch Swansea.

not watching at stadium just wearing shirt!! suttle difference! if you believe swans fans they have taken over the world!!!! :lol:

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:27 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

not watching at stadium just wearing shirt!! suttle difference! if you believe swans fans they have taken over the world!!!! :lol:

How do you know they are not watching at the stadium?

I heard you used to he a Jack, Allen. Back in the Toshack days?

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:36 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

:lol: good god went vetch just once what a dump that was! no me 43yrs city fan once did 1000mile round trip over wkend just watch city against norwich we lost 2-0 :D was saying funny how shirts appear all of sudden, but seriously they only have 6k more fans than last season in champ so not many can go can they? like said non excistant here in pembs :P
ps toshack in city blue! :P :P
Last edited by pembroke allan on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:36 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

How do you know ffs?

Keep burying your head in the sand if you don't want to accept their fan base has grown immensely.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:39 pm

No Smoking wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

How do you know ffs?

Keep burying your head in the sand if you don't want to accept their fan base has grown immensely.

Jack alert

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:39 pm

No Smoking wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

How do you know ffs?

how do you no it has?? dont give fck if taken over universe, like said dont see swans shirt in pemb not even when they are on tv well not in my local!! so may have spread since premier but hey people are fickle arnt they? :D

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:41 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

:lol: good god went vetch just once what a dump that was! no me 43yrs city fan once did 1000mile round trip over wkend just watch city against norwich we lost 2-0 :D was saying funny how shirts appear all of sudden, but seriously they only have 6k more fans than last season in champ so not many can go can they? like said non excistant here in pembs :P
ps toshack in city blue! :P :P

Well I know of about 20 to start with.

Not to mention joe allen.

Pembroke is more a Swansea area than a Cardiff area, in fact I don't know any Cardiff fans from there and I used to live there ffs!