Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hurricane Sandy..

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:42 am

:lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Hurricane Sandy..

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:54 am

:lol: stolen

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:40 pm

Canton stand baz wrote::lol: stolen

Looking at your signature, it most probably is! :D

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:48 pm

SBF1 wrote:
Canton stand baz wrote::lol: stolen

Looking at your signature, it most probably is! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I nicked it as well Chief :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:17 pm

Why do they call these hurricanes such inappropriate names? Just watching Newsnight (yes I am a bore) and US senators are stating the terrible damage this storm of storms will cause. And their calling it Hurricane Sandy?! It's like calling a rottweiler Terry or Nigel. I'd call it Hurricane Total b*stard and be done with it.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:25 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Why do they call these hurricanes such inappropriate names? Just watching Newsnight (yes I am a bore) and US senators are stating the terrible damage this storm of storms will cause. And their calling it Hurricane Sandy?! It's like calling a rottweiler Terry or Nigel. I'd call it Hurricane Total b*stard and be done with it.

I was saying exactly the same thing to the mrs earlier. Why do they give them nice names? Like you can sing this one "...oh Sandy baby... some day.... " :D

They should give them names that describe how bad they are...

"Little Squeek" - Slight breeze. Through to "Dark Satan" - Run for the hills.. :lol:

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:54 am

To the trees :D

Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:46 am

Berwyn wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:Why do they call these hurricanes such inappropriate names? Just watching Newsnight (yes I am a bore) and US senators are stating the terrible damage this storm of storms will cause. And their calling it Hurricane Sandy?! It's like calling a rottweiler Terry or Nigel. I'd call it Hurricane Total b*stard and be done with it.

I was saying exactly the same thing to the mrs earlier. Why do they give them nice names? Like you can sing this one "...oh Sandy baby... some day.... " :D

They should give them names that describe how bad they are...

"Little Squeek" - Slight breeze. Through to "Dark Satan" - Run for the hills.. :lol:

Everytime I see it I think Barry Manilow... Oohhhh Sandy

Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:34 pm

Hurricanes names are chosen from a list selected by the World Meteorological Organization. The Atlantic is assigned six lists of names, with one list used each year. Every sixth year, the first list begins again. Each name on the list starts with a different letter, for example, the name of the very first hurricane of the season starts with the letter A, the next starts with the letter B, and so on. The letters "Q", "U", "X", "Y" and "Z", however, are not used.

Often when an unusually destructive hurricane hits, that hurricane's name is retired and never used again. Since 1954, forty names have been retired. In 1996 Hurricane Luis was retired.
Source(s):

for your info...

Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:40 pm

Always nice to see the bullying yanks get there arses kicked lol !!!MOTHER NATURE RULES!!!