Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

21pts at home 7 on the road-are we expecting too....

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:54 am

much from the boys away from home.Before posting this I checked the away league table and was staggered to find we are actually still TOP.I know a lot of people on here are not exactly in love with the 4-5-1 away from home but increasingly its the way most teams seem to go away from home and I wouldn't hold my breath on Malky changing it any time soon.

Re: 21pts at home 7 on the road-are we expecting too....

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:59 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:much from the boys away from home.Before posting this I checked the away league table and was staggered to find we are actually still TOP.I know a lot of people on here are not exactly in love with the 4-5-1 away from home but increasingly its the way most teams seem to go away from home and I wouldn't hold my breath on Malky changing it any time soon.

I think Malky has a vision for how 4-5-1 should be played, but has never really got the
players he's wanted in the starting 11.

We do look more threatening in a 4-4-2 though, my opinion.

Still, so far so good.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:16 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:much from the boys away from home.Before posting this I checked the away league table and was staggered to find we are actually still TOP.I know a lot of people on here are not exactly in love with the 4-5-1 away from home but increasingly its the way most teams seem to go away from home and I wouldn't hold my breath on Malky changing it any time soon.

Awesome. I would never have thought that. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:32 am

somebody is confused, we are nowhere near top of the away league. Somwething like 9th/10th i think

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:32 am

actually just checked again, think we are 14th

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:38 am

paulh_85 wrote:actually just checked again, think we are 14th

I never checked, thought it was too good to be true! :shock:

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:00 am

Paul where do you get your info from?

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:05 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/ca ... /2012-2013

We are currently the 14th best team away from home based on the 6 away games. Little surprise we have the 18th best defensive away record given the results at Palace, Forest and the wurzels.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:34 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

ironically, the same link castle blue posted above :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:31 pm

:oops: my mistake,I didn't look at the tot pts column.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:56 pm

I don't think we are expecting too much - why should we expect any less? After spending all we have we are entitled to expect as much as we are at the moment. It frustrates me that people say "we are top of the league, what more could you want? Stop moaning." Well actually, I want us to be at least decent away from home - which isn't unreasonable. I think the away form will pick up (and unlike others I don't think Malky is clueless or anything like that), I just think it is fair of us to expect more.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:35 pm

Would most accept 3 points from 3 away games ? It don't sound much but it's all we need if we continue winning at home.
We don't appear to be setting up to win away games but that may change if we start dropping points at home.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:14 pm

Dicey wrote:Would most accept 3 points from 3 away games ? It don't sound much but it's all we need if we continue winning at home.
We don't appear to be setting up to win away games but that may change if we start dropping points at home.

We cant rely on continuously winning at home. So yes we need to start looking to play more aggressive away. It will be interesting to see how we setup against Bolton this Saturday. I will accept a 4-5-1 providing we have an attacking midfield. That will mean making Noone and Frei on the wings with Whittingham playing a forward role. I feel our back 4 will handle their attack with Cowie cleaning up in midfield defence.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:30 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Dicey wrote:Would most accept 3 points from 3 away games ? It don't sound much but it's all we need if we continue winning at home.

We cant rely on continuously winning at home. So yes we need to start looking to play more aggressive away. It will be interesting to see how we setup against Bolton this Saturday. I will accept a 4-5-1 providing we have an attacking midfield. That will mean making Noone and Frei on the wings with Whittingham playing a forward role. I feel our back 4 will handle their attack with Cowie cleaning up in midfield defence.

I'd rather Noone and Frei on the wings, Whitts deep and Kimbo forward with Cowie doing the donkey work around them./ I can't see any team living with that midfield.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:04 am

whittenham doesnt really play too far forward, he has no room to spread his passes around otherwise

Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:15 am

So is it just a matter of the players adapting to the away system or does Malky need to change the system to suit the players he's got.My own opinion is leaning towards the former.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:41 pm

taffyapple wrote:

I think Malky has a vision for how 4-5-1 should be played, but has never really got the
players he's wanted in the starting 11.

We do look more threatening in a 4-4-2 though, my opinion.

Still, so far so good.

This makes sense as you need the right players for a 4-5-1 formation but Malky should change the formation away when we are missing players. We should stick to 4-4-2 saturday against Bolton with no changes to the team that started against Burnley as i feel we could come away with three points.