Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Craig Noone targets premier league place

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:51 am

CARDIFF CITY winger Craig Noone believes the Bluebirds have the quality to hold on to top place in the Championship.

An excellent 4-0 win over Burnley saw Malky Mackay’s men overtake Leicester to make it seven home wins on the trot as the Foxes surrendered their perfect home record to slip three points behind.

Noone put in a superb showing against the Clarets, scoring one goal with Joe Mason, Matt Connolly and Aron Gunnarsson completing the rout.

Now Noone wants Cardiff to keep their momentum going, saying: “This team is definitely good enough to stay at the top.

“If we can keep believing and keep our home form up I think we will definitely be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

“Leicester lost, but it’s not even about those who are around us, it’s about what we do. Home or away, we know we can beat anyone.”

Noone arrived for £1m from Brighton last summer and has proved a big hit.

The 24-year-old has made it the hard way in football rising up from the non-leagues, but his ambition now is to grace the top flight with Cardiff.

“I’m not going to settle for what I’ve got,” said Noone. “I want to keep climbing the ladder right through the leagues.

“I’m not going to stop and look at what I’ve done. I’m aiming to get better as a player and get better as a team player too.

“It was a good decision to move here and I’m delighted right now.

“I want to play as high up as I can and I definitely want to be up there with Cardiff.

“Every year this club seems to get closer and hopefully this year we can finally go up.

“That’s what all the lads, all the staff and the supporters want.”

And Noone believes the Bluebirds more than deserved their Clarets romp.

“We dominated the whole game. We said at half-time we just needed to keep it going because we were on the front foot from the off,” he added.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z2AfVGstdD

Re: Craig Noone targets premier league place

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:13 pm

Love this boy!

Re: Craig Noone targets premier league place

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:04 pm

georgegulliford wrote:Love this boy!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8204706/