Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hudson won't change style despite nearing ban

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:49 am

BLUEBIRDS skipper Mark Hudson insists he will not change the way he plays – even though he is just one booking from suspension.

Hudson has been cautioned four times this season and another yellow card will result in a one-match ban.

But the experienced centre-half says he has been in that position before and will never shirk a challenge.

Speaking after City’s impressive 4-0 win against Burnley: he said: “I have to play my own game and I won’t be pulling out of challenges.

“If the fifth booking comes then we have to deal with that, but it’s no good working too hard to avoid it.”

Hudson believes Cardiff will fire up their Championship away form – starting at Bolton on Saturday.

He says the Bluebirds can build on their seven successive home wins with impressive performances on the road in the next week or so at Bolton and his former club Charlton.

“We have played well at home and there was some top-quality flowing football against Burnley,” he said.

“It was an all-round team display with everybody playing their part. Kim came into the team, was calm in possession and kept things moving. He is learning English well and showed he was ready for what was an outstanding debut.

“Defensively, we were solid. David Marshall made one terrific save and Burnley found it difficult to create chances.

“Burnley are a good side and their attacking threat is not just about their top scorer Charlie Austin, but we kept them quiet for long spells. It feels good to see us top of the Championship.”

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z2AfUj8YQ8

Re: Hudson won't change style despite nearing ban

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:48 pm

I hope he doesn't get it on Saturday, so he can play against his old club on Tuesday - would be good for him.

It's the massive advantage of having Connolly though, someone who can play anywhere across the back four. He's going to be a very important player for us.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:02 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I hope he doesn't get it on Saturday, so he can play against his old club on Tuesday - would be good for him.

It's the massive advantage of having Connolly though, someone who can play anywhere across the back four. He's going to be a very important player for us.

in a perfect world you want him to miss a home game. Stands to reason that we would have less to defend at home.

Anyway, for one match its not a big deal, kev connelly turner taylor is a decent enough defence

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:47 pm

He can't change style. His style makes him the player he is. He is gonna get that ban at some point. The only thing I would say is I would be disappointed if he got booked for dissent or taking his shirt off after scoring from 3.2 miles out again :lol:

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:22 pm

:ayatollah: