Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Clattenburg in a load of trouble

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:23 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... ur-chelsea

Good enough for the arrogant tosser. :old:

Re: Clattenburg in a load of trouble

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:26 am

I can't believe he would be stupid enough to say something racist tbh.

Although I also don't see why a player would make it up.

They say they don't record the mic. conversations bu perhaps they should in future to avoid he said she said issues like this in future.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:32 am

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 29978.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:58 am

Howard Webb is worried he won't get his place back in the United team after Clattenburg's man of the match performance for Fergie :roll:

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:46 am

This is a vile accusation if it turns out not be true, I DO NOT BELIEVE for one second that Clattenburg, however much of a c**t, would say such words to a player. Abuse yes, telling them to f**k off, undoubtedly but by f**k to suggest he said something racists is ridiculous. He wouldn't be so stupid and this could ruin his career as the neanderthals that follow this sport will never let him forget.

:old:

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:12 am

The deluded world of top end professional footballers and the most vulgar of all our clubs. This should have be lodged with the premier league official and not released to the media to allow a swift and thorough investigation, instead it will be like a circus.

Petulance- Yes they lost to a dodgy decision but if it was a mistake, it was a genuine mistake. We do not have a game without referees, do Chelsea want to pick their own ? So now they publicly accuse him of something "inappropriate". A very loose word meaning many things to many people.

Funny how its always the same club.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:53 am

The team on the receiving end of some ropey decisions come out with this. I'm a non believer sorry until the full facts come out. Sour grapes if you ask me from a very bitter team.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:59 am

This racism nonsense is getting boring now. People are just using it as a scapegoat for their own agenda now. What is stopping a player who lost a cup final game coming out and saying he was racially abused in spite? For most people morals however some do not have them.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:03 am

. Wasn't it Chelsea who once said they saw the ref going into the Barcelona changing room at half time ? which turned out to be untrue, and I think that ref retired after being threatened

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:18 pm

Should get a ban simply for his shocking refereeing yesterday. The second yellow for Torres and that winning offside goal, what was he thinking.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:28 pm

Anyone remember his "performance" at NP about 5 years ago v Leeds. Sent off Chopra and Simon Walton for absolutely nothing. He was only refereeing in the Championship that day because he'd been banned from the Prem League for a string of inept performances. I personally rate him as one of the worst two referee's I've seen at a live game (the other being Howard Webb). Whatever he said, and I'm struggling to believe even an arrogant **nt like him could be so stupid, the blokes a shambles of a ref, one of those who seem to think that fans pay to see him rather than the team. Good riddance to the tw*t.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:29 pm

Anarch0 wrote:Should get a ban simply for his shocking refereeing yesterday. The second yellow for Torres and that winning offside goal, what was he thinking.

Offside wasn't his fault.
I hope he doesn't get hammered. From the angle behind that the ref saw it looked a dive. We all make mistakes.

But if he found to be racist or whatever. Different story. I don't think he will be though. Just Chelsea being bitter!

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:31 pm

Im not a big fan of Clattenburg, he is a right arrogant tw@t, but its beggars belief players crying about being "Sworn at by the ref" considering all the abuse players dish out to referees.

Another embarassing example of modern football.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:31 pm

Lost Profits wrote:Anyone remember his "performance" at NP about 5 years ago v Leeds. Sent off Chopra and Simon Walton for absolutely nothing. He was only refereeing in the Championship that day because he'd been banned from the Prem League for a string of inept performances. I personally rate him as one of the worst two referee's I've seen at a live game (the other being Howard Webb). Whatever he said, and I'm struggling to believe even an arrogant **nt like him could be so stupid, the blokes a shambles of a ref, one of those who seem to think that fans pay to see him rather than the team. Good riddance to the tw*t.

Worst ref I've seen us have is Paul Taylor? First name may be wrong. He sent two players off at Ninian a few tears back against Sheffield united I think. And came back and ruined another game not long after.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:34 pm

Phil Dowd I hate the most. Would love to drill a broken bottle in his arrogant puss.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:34 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Im not a big fan of Clattenburg, he is a right arrogant tw@t, but its beggars belief players crying about being "Sworn at by the ref" considering all the abuse players dish out to referees.

Refs should give as good as they get. Some players deserve it. Some refs deserve it. Mans game get on with it. I've seen a DVD where they show Howard Webb refereeing a game, his language was terrible. But he did get called every swear word under the sun for 90mins.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:35 pm

milly44 wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:Im not a big fan of Clattenburg, he is a right arrogant tw@t, but its beggars belief players crying about being "Sworn at by the ref" considering all the abuse players dish out to referees.

Refs should give as good as they get. Some players deserve it. Some refs deserve it. Mans game get on with it. I've seen a DVD where they show Howard Webb refereeing a game, his language was terrible. But he did get called every swear word under the sun for 90mins.

Exactly. Dish it out, take it back. I heard an interview with Keith Cooper a few years back and he said the players respect you more if you give it back. Obviously he was talking about his era because it seems in this era the pampered f*ckers cant take it.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:35 pm

I've got no problem with him or any ref telling one of these posing poofs to f**k off but that's apparently not the full story here. One thing for sure this will run into another soap opera as per Ferdinand/ Terry.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:38 pm

Lost Profits wrote:

I've got no problem with him or any ref telling one of these posing poofs to f**k off but that's apparently not the full story here. One thing for sure this will run into another soap opera as per Ferdinand/ Terry.

"Apparently" being the operative word. It seems any abuse now involving an ethnic minority has to be "Racist" even if he only told him to "F*ck off".

That Oldham lad last week gets accused of "Racism" on the ball boy, admitted he swore at him, but gets tarnished with the racism brush. Now the evidence has been seen, no racism whatsoever and case dismissed. :roll:

Its getting f*cking silly.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:39 pm

As many people have already said, before the facts have come out here are the circumstances...

John Obi "Barely Any Morals" Mikel vs Mark "Arrogant but Intelligent" Clattenburg
Chelsea release the complaint via the media and not privately via the officials
The complaint comes after Chelsea suffer some decisions they don't like
The complaint also comes at a time when racism is under the microscope

Now, I'm not saying Clattenburg didn't say something inappropriate but look at the odds. It wouldn't be the most disgraceful thing a Chelsea player has done but fabricating a racist complaint is far from being something they are not capable of. They don't have the intelligence or understanding to realise the consequences and are only concerned with dragging Clattenburg through the mud.

I will reserve firm judgment until the facts but if this does turn out to be fabricated then I would seriously ban Mikel for a season to show that fabricating racist complaints will not be tolerated. Then again, I'd ban a player that makes a racist comment for life but that isn't going to happen soon!

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:40 pm

Lost Profits wrote:

If this comes out as being bitter bullshit from Chelsea. I hope they get smashed by the FA.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:59 pm

chelsea are a disgrace for the way they have handled john terry imo, if this allegation is unfounded i hope them, and mikel get the book thrown at them!!

Mikel was lucky to stay on the pitch as well, clear foul on valencia when already booked, valencia got booked for diving! :shock:

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:32 pm

milly44 wrote:
Anarch0 wrote:Should get a ban simply for his shocking refereeing yesterday. The second yellow for Torres and that winning offside goal, what was he thinking.

Offside wasn't his fault.
I hope he doesn't get hammered. From the angle behind that the ref saw it looked a dive. We all make mistakes.

But if he found to be racist or whatever. Different story. I don't think he will be though. Just Chelsea being bitter!

Disagree, he had a shocker. If you are not sure that someone has dived you do not guess, give them a card and send them off. It's such a big game and so much money involved to guess decisions. Evans should have been booked for a foul. He got it totally wrong. Did he consu.t his linesman? Referees seem to get away without any form of penalty for a sub standard performance.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:06 pm

The problem lays firmly at the door of the football authorities still thinking that it must be the same game at Stamford Bridge as Poncanna fields.

Goal line technology is a must, recording all that goes on and being available to the public a day or two later will shine a light on our nations hero's.

A zero tolerance to any abuse will see a lot of yellow cards and suspensions, but transparency is the only way forward.

If found to be true this will end Clattenburgs career, what should happen to the spoilt brats of Chelsea if this allegation is unfounded.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:11 pm

As Milly said offside not his fault.

He should have sent off Torres earlier so suppose Man-u could be annoyed at that.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:24 pm

Lost Profits wrote:Anyone remember his "performance" at NP about 5 years ago v Leeds. Sent off Chopra and Simon Walton for absolutely nothing. He was only refereeing in the Championship that day because he'd been banned from the Prem League for a string of inept performances. I personally rate him as one of the worst two referee's I've seen at a live game (the other being Howard Webb). Whatever he said, and I'm struggling to believe even an arrogant **nt like him could be so stupid, the blokes a shambles of a ref, one of those who seem to think that fans pay to see him rather than the team. Good riddance to the tw*t.

That's exactly my recollection of him and never held him in high regard since that match!

Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:52 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

As Milly said offside not his fault.

He should have sent off Torres earlier so suppose Man-u could be annoyed at that.

Exactlly well said. Yes he was pretty poor but Chelsea can have no complaints. Torres knew he was on a yellow and decided to go down theatrically, he could have stayed up and Evans barely touched him. I'm fed up of people criticising officials when the only way you would see the foul is if it had been slowed down by cameras.

I dont believe Clattenburg racially abused anyone its just Chelsea being bitter. If it was THAT offensive surely Mikel would have kicked off during the game?

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:04 pm

The fact they spoke to the media about this first speaks volumes. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a ploy for them NEVER to have Clattenburg officiating their matches again, it will backfire though as they will have to endure Howard Webb and his United supporting tendencies.

If the story is a fabrication I would ban Mikel for the rest of the season, the FA need to make an example of this idiot.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:05 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:The fact they spoke to the media about this first speaks volumes. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a ploy for them NEVER to have Clattenburg officiating their matches again, it will backfire though as they will have to endure Howard Webb and his United supporting tendencies.

If the story is a fabrication I would ban Mikel for the rest of the season, the FA need to make an example of this idiot.

They should punish Chelsea for starters

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:The fact they spoke to the media about this first speaks volumes. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a ploy for them NEVER to have Clattenburg officiating their matches again, it will backfire though as they will have to endure Howard Webb and his United supporting tendencies.

Howard Webb's United contract not to be renewed at the end of the season dues to Clattenburgs emergence as their star player.