Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHO DO YOU FEAR MOST IN THE LEAGUE?

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:47 pm

for me at the moment, Blackburn and crystal palace, Blackburn have such a strong side I have no doubt they will be in contention and also they are capable of going on a long unbeaten run.
Palace are very hard to beat and could last the distance!, And then blackpool are my favourate attacking some real young talent in that team! No doubt they'l be in the mix
:ayatollah:

Re: WHO DO YOU FEAR MOST IN THE LEAGUE?

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:55 pm

Fear itself

Malkys 451 when away.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 pm

OURSELVES!!

Only one team can stop Cardiff City this season and thats us!!

If the players switch off, lose form, suspensions, injuries... all these issues can be
banana skins for us

It would seem that right now, our Manager is on top of all this. We have not lost two
games on the trot. We have everything going right. Carry on the way we are and we
need fear no-one

Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:01 pm

taffyapple wrote:OURSELVES!!

If the players switch off, lose form, suspensions, injuries... all these issues can be
banana skins for us

It would seem that right now, our Manager is on top of all this. We have not lost two
games on the trot. We have everything going right. Carry on the way we are and we
need fear no-one

I do agree with that totally! with a full squad we would of took 100 points this season. I'm still not convinced our away form is good enough for a title but looking forward to bolton, our exceptional home for has counteracted that away form, but if we dip in form, I'd be concerned someone such as blackburn, or who knows even middlesborough, they are creeping up unnoticed as well

Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:11 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Fear itself

Malkys 451 when away.

Totally agree

Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:13 pm

I think palace will fall away if I'm honest.

It's a tough league and can't say I fear anyone but a group of about 5-6 will be going all the way

Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Blackpool. Think they will surge late on in the campaign with Phillips and Ince being the catalysts.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:20 pm

Palace will most likely fall away like last year. Especially with Dougie gone.
But the ones who scare me are Boro, always prove tricky customers to us, and with a good squad/manager.

In terms of embarrasment, Peterborough away is daunting :oops: London Road isn't our favourite ground in recent years

Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:23 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:Blackpool. Think they will surge late on in the campaign with Phillips and Ince being the catalysts.

Ollie will cash in on one of them at christmas. I remember reading somewhere he has a very small percentage of the profit made on certain transfers. If VT is serious I would like one of them for christmas please :D

Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:47 pm

Us and Blackburn look very strong on paper. If we believe in ourselves this year we will pull away. Other teams squads wont sustain an automatic place.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:56 pm

Blackburn

Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:57 pm

taffyapple wrote:OURSELVES!!

banana skins for us

need fear no-one

Spot on!

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:05 pm

Leicester C and Blackburn.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Leicester C and Blackburn.

I agree with Leicester Annis but I fancy Blackburn mat go them same way as Middlesbrough when they let Southgate go.

I think we should step in and stop them getting Jerome a big big plus for us getting him in my opinion.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:58 pm

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:18 pm

I said before a ball was kicked - Leicester City and Nottm Forest for me.

Also depends on who Blackburn get in as their new manager now,at the time they had SK.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Malky Mackay.

His stubborness and negativity away from home petrifies me, we won't go up under his guidance. Bring back Dave Jones sooner rather than later, he'd get us up with this squad no sweat.

:old:

Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:00 pm

Nottingham Forest probably the deadliest strike force in the division with cox and sharp

Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:15 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Malky Mackay.

His stubborness and negativity away from home petrifies me, we won't go up under his guidance. Bring back Dave Jones sooner rather than later, he'd get us up with this squad no sweat.

Dave Jones wouldn't have brought any of the players we brought in.

Malky has brought players and turned them better. Turner and Gunnarsson could be stuck in League 1 or Birmingham (Turner).

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:24 am

huxy wrote:Nottingham Forest probably the deadliest strike force in the division with cox and sharp

Agree with you on that .

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:31 am

Honestly believe there isn't anybody to fear! No team is going to run away with the league like Newcastle did a few years ago. It's going to be tight teams will take point off each other

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:05 am

castleblue wrote:

I agree with Leicester Annis but I fancy Blackburn mat go them same way as Middlesbrough when they let Southgate go.

I think we should step in and stop them getting Jerome a big big plus for us getting him in my opinion.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Gary, I also rate Boro as they have a quality manager for this division in my opinion, they will be up there come May.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:34 am

Well I supposed given your age the anti 4-5-1 stance is forgivable.More and more teams are adopting this tactic away from home while I concede that city so far have struggled with it.If DJ was still here we'd be watching a totally different side money or not so thats an irrelevance really.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:09 am

Did you just say Malky Mackays stubborness petrifies you.

Yet you wouldnt mind Dave "Lee Naylor will come good" Jones in charge of this group? :lol:

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:16 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:I said before a ball was kicked - Leicester City and Nottm Forest for me.

Also depends on who Blackburn get in as their new manager now,at the time they had SK.

You have to be kidding me :!: :!: :!:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-1407143

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:I said before a ball was kicked - Leicester City and Nottm Forest for me.

You have to be kidding me :!: :!: :!:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-1407143

Oh dear, and we think out owners are bad :lol:

Jerome move could collapse as well