Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is it possible to support 2 teams?

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:19 pm

How often do you hear, "Cardiff are my first team but Liverpool Man U ect are my second team" this usually follows with " don't get me wrong if Cardiff and Man U played I would be backing Cardiff"

I shouldn't let this bother me and maybe fans who support more than 1 team are lucky.

For me I just don't get it!!!

f*cking plastics :evil: :evil:

Re: Is it possible to support 2 teams?

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:22 pm

Yes..

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:23 pm

You can go and watch two teams (support them) I suppose, if you can afford it these days, but there should only be one team in your heart. ;)
Last edited by nobber on Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:23 pm

No, how can you watch two teams most weeks :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:25 pm

I suppose what those people mean is, they support one team, and follow the results of another as opposed to 'supporting' two teams.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:28 pm

What do you mean by support? I watch Cardiff home and away. But if its international week or a week I don't go away I may pop and watch a game. I look out for two teams scores out of family interest. But I know a fair few people who watch Newport or Cardiff depending on who's home. If both are home they choose Cardiff.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:34 pm

If were able to afford it, you could watch the Bluebirds when they are home and the Jacks when they are home, obviously you wouldn't be going to away games on a Saturday. :oops: :lol: :lol:

I wonder if anyone does that, I doubt whether they would admit to it anyway. :oops: ;)

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:48 pm

Yea but I don't believe you can be fully passionate about 2 at the same time.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:59 pm

i look out for merthyr and tredegar results every weekend .... as for having an english club as a second team then thats a deffo no no for me! ..... leaving the game yesterday i was checking to see how other championship sides got off and thats all the boy near me was talking about was arteta`s late goal for arsenal :?

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:42 pm

My first love and passion is for Cardiff City and always will be. :ayatollah:

But I look out every week for Bury T,Merthyr and Bradford's results and over the years have gone to watch some of there games.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:44 pm

I support Cardiff City and they come first and foremost to me.

I follow Dortmund because I love the Bundesliga and have a deep interest in German football and the setup etc.

I take an interest in Liverpool because a lot of my family support them.

Had we beat Liverpool at Wembley my family would have never lived it down as I would have mentioned it every day. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:14 pm

I dont agree that you cannot support 2 teams with a passion because I do: Cardiff City and Cardiff City reserves :lol:

Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:17 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:How often do you hear, "Cardiff are my first team but Liverpool Man U ect are my second team" this usually follows with " don't get me wrong if Cardiff and Man U played I would be backing Cardiff"

I shouldn't let this bother me and maybe fans who support more than 1 team are lucky.

I don't see a problem.
If they want to follow another team from afar then why can't they?
I guess for some it adds a bit of extra excitement to the prem. I guess most people supported this extra team when we were in the lower divisions and just took to another team through watching MOTD every week.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:47 pm

I don't think you can "support" 2 teams, but its ok, in my view to have a liking for some other teams.

I've always had a soft spot for Preston North End and Ipswich Town for example.

However, I would rather be at home listeneing to the City commentary on the radio than watching any other team live, especially the bigger Premiership teams.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:50 pm

No never in a million years.Unless you were from another part of the country and have moved to Cardiff I can understand then.Was going up the Cross Inn for a pint this afternoon but gave it a miss because it will be full of plastics watching the football :roll: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:08 pm

Yes you can and I support two teams every week, Cardiff City and whichever team is playing the Jacks. :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:10 pm

castleblue wrote:Yes you can and I support two teams every week, Cardiff City and whichever team is playing the Jacks. :D

:lol:

Good on you Gary. :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:13 pm

Yes, I support 2 teams.
The Cardiff that play at home and the different Cardiff team that play away.
One day very soon they shall merge and then god help the Championship. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:48 pm

Will always support Cardiff my team in my blood, but when we were kids we all said we would call a 2nd team from Scotland nearly all my mates went for Celtic and Rangers so to be different I picked Stranraer I had a shirt bought for me a few years ago and went to see them once back in 2002. Oh my god what tremendous shitty football they play :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:55 pm

I have one love which is my club for 65 years my beloved bluebirds, been a fan of them since 1948. However when I lived in London for 6 years in the 70s - 80s I used to watch Brentford, Millwall, West Ham, Spurs, Chelsea, Orient and Enfield on a regular basis. I needed my saturday football fix and if the Bluebirds were playing out of London you'd find me in one of those grounds. Not to say I supported any of those teams but I enjoy watching live football regardless of standard.

:old: :old: :old:

Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:55 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:Will always support Cardiff my team in my blood, but when we were kids we all said we would call a 2nd team from Scotland nearly all my mates went for Celtic and Rangers so to be different I picked Stranraer I had a shirt bought for me a few years ago and went to see them once back in 2002. Oh my god what tremendous shitty football they play :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They were a bit of a coupon buster yesterday to be fair!

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:10 pm

castleblue wrote:Yes you can and I support two teams every week, Cardiff City and whichever team is playing the Jacks. :D

I can beat that. I support 4 teams.

CCFC and those who play the jacks, brizzle and scousers.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:02 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

I can beat that. I support 4 teams.

CCFC and those who play the jacks, brizzle and scousers.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:52 am

Always look out for Evertons results as i supported them as a lad, when city were my second team, I think its Ok when your a youngster! I also looked out for Wrexham too. Plus any side that plays Liverpool, Chelsea and Swansea. But support 2 teams when your an adult, NO!!!!

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:02 am

Only cardiff city for me.. but as i love watching football, i will watch every game that is live on tv, dont care about the result just like watching it

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:38 pm

http://www.criticalfootball.com/2012/02 ... liverpool/

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:27 pm

Cardiff City Fc are my only team.

I look out for Stevenage score.

I also in spare time if City ent playing like to travel to see other games as a neutral. :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:39 pm

I keep an eye on Chasetown now after their fans embraced us and have been to watch us hoping to go and watch them play Stamford on Dec 1st. I also follow Willem ii in Holland as met some great Dutch lads a few years back. Finally I hope Merthyr do well. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:43 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:How often do you hear, "Cardiff are my first team but Liverpool Man U ect are my second team" this usually follows with " don't get me wrong if Cardiff and Man U played I would be backing Cardiff"

YES - CARDIFF and the team you have had a bet on ;) :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:04 am

Cardiff is my pride and joy, but due to family history and my grandfather working in Manchester a lot, I used to watch Man City play at Maine Road as a young'un.

So I follow Man City's results and fixtures, but I don't support them.