Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: 4-0, Top of the League, Hated it.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:56 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Any reason?

Without getting into a big argument mate it just felt totally bizzare to me.

I cant get my head around the red shirts for starters, and then add to that the atmosphere for a team top
of the league was awful.

We were 4-0 up and Ali said the fourth official has indicated 2 minutes of added time, I looked around and the place was half empty, and people were flooding for the exits.

The kid in front of me had a Barcelona top on and most of the people around me spent most of the game on their phones telling each other the scores from the other games.

It honestly felt like I was at the Cinema at times.

The best thing about going there today was bottles of Heineken for a £1. I should be buzzing, top of the League, 4-0 home win but its not there.

I appreciate other people are getting on with it but its not for me, I know Im not alone.

:ayatollah:

You can only be honest with what you feel.
Thankfully it's not like that around me and though I don't like the red I can still enjoy the football.

I enjoy the football aswell mate, wont lie, whats keeping me going to be fair, just got this nagging feeling and cant connect with the whole match day like I used to

For me a lot of these things happened before the rebrand but I think rebrand just made people realise more

Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:58 pm

I cant get my head around the red shirts for starters, and then add to that the atmosphere for a team top
of the league was awful.

We were 4-0 up and Ali said the fourth official has indicated 2 minutes of added time, I looked around and the place was half empty, and people were flooding for the exits.

The kid in front of me had a Barcelona top on and most of the people around me spent most of the game on their phones telling each other the scores from the other games.

The best thing about going there today was bottles of Heineken for a £1. I should be buzzing, top of the League, 4-0 home win but its not there.

I appreciate other people are getting on with it but its not for me, I know Im not alone.

hillarious ... its a game of football mate. bizzare

Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

of the league was awful.

You can only be honest with what you feel.
Thankfully it's not like that around me and though I don't like the red I can still enjoy the football.

I enjoy the football aswell mate, wont lie, whats keeping me going to be fair, just got this nagging feeling and cant connect with the whole match day like I used to

For me a lot of these things happened before the rebrand but I think rebrand just made people realise more

Yeah to be fair, I think your probably right, the straw that broke the camels back so to speak?

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:00 pm

cecilccfc wrote:

of the league was awful.

I dont get the point mate, going to have to spell this one out for me, bit slow on the uptake

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:00 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:your about 10 years old been going about 3 years and if you think that is teaching a team a Footballing lesson you need your head shaken.

We beat a team with no manager who have conceded the most goals this season in the entire division, I fully expected us to put a few past them today.

As for moan and moan, nah, don't think so, very rarely start threads on here and have kept my criticism low, I just didnt enjoy today even though I should have.

Am I not allowed to an opinion eh.

Just knock it on the head. How to turn a 4.0 great win into a moan fest

Pardon me for having an opinion.

:roll:

You're welcome to your opinion, I just commented on what I thought about it

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:02 pm

JonCCFC wrote:If you "hated it" then don't turn up. Simple.

No mate, it doesnt work like that, you see I have been going since 1988.

Im not in it for the glory, Im a Cardiff City fan and this is not the first time I have hated it believe you me, but judging by your attitude you have only been going 2 minutes and never really seen Cardiff in adversity.

You see, I was there, and I am there now and I will be there after, the 20,000 that are there now wont be, that is nailed on. I hope this 20,000 are enjoying riding on the crest of the wave in red and I hope they all stay true if we end up like Portsmouth or freefall like Swindon or Bradford, will they f**k.

I will be there mate, Cardiff City, The Bluebirds, in Blue, not a johny come lately, not a soul seller, a fan forever,

dont turn up?

not on your nelly

I hate the rebrand as much as anyone else does, but you've just got to get on with it.
Success isn't everything as I've been saying that the rebrand rumours came up, I'd personally rather get relegated to League 2 if we had our identity back than get promoted to the Premier League in red. But we won 4-0 and we're top of the league, don't know how you can see the negative in that! I still love Cardiff City. :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:04 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:your about 10 years old been going about 3 years and if you think that is teaching a team a Footballing lesson you need your head shaken.

We beat a team with no manager who have conceded the most goals this season in the entire division, I fully expected us to put a few past them today.

As for moan and moan, nah, don't think so, very rarely start threads on here and have kept my criticism low, I just didnt enjoy today even though I should have.

I never meant to turn a 4-0 win into a moan fella, what I posted was how I felt, I cant help that can I?

Knock it on the head? no chance mate, been there, done it, bought the t-shirt, dont stop going just
like that.

Some people would drop a club just like that, most of our fans probably, but nah, im sticking around ;)

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:11 pm

JonCCFC wrote:

Im not in it for the glory, Im a Cardiff City fan and this is not the first time I have hated it believe you me, but judging by your attitude you have only been going 2 minutes and never really seen Cardiff in adversity.

You see, I was there, and I am there now and I will be there after, the 20,000 that are there now wont be, that is nailed on. I hope this 20,000 are enjoying riding on the crest of the wave in red and I hope they all stay true if we end up like Portsmouth or freefall like Swindon or Bradford, will they f**k.

I will be there mate, Cardiff City, The Bluebirds, in Blue, not a johny come lately, not a soul seller, a fan forever,

dont turn up?

not on your nelly

I hate the rebrand as much as anyone else does, but you've just got to get on with it.
Success isn't everything as I've been saying that the rebrand rumours came up, I'd personally rather get relegated to League 2 if we had our identity back than get promoted to the Premier League in red. But we won 4-0 and we're top of the league, don't know how you can see the negative in that! I still love Cardiff City. :ayatollah:

I am getting on with it, Iv kept 4 season tickets, doesnt mean I cant come on here and have an opinion.

I love Cardiff City mate, its in my family through generations, its inked into us, i hated today though, im allowed to come on here and talk to cardiff fans and say how I feel surely to god?

If forums had been about when kumar was in charge you can rest assured I would have been on here with posts saying KUMAR OUT SULLIVAN IN :lol:

cecilccfc wrote:

of the league was awful.

I dont get the point mate, going to have to spell this one out for me, bit slow on the uptake

got to remember.. clubs changed, the idiots who used to run riot are out the window, were a normal football club now with your basic fan who will turn up, watch the game, be critical and want success as that's all they know.
The rebranding is a joke, but most fans would rather success, were top of the league.. shirt color has changed, it will bring success and thats all that matters unfortunately. Not one of our players cares about the red, they get paid, want to play top level football.
Cardiff City you know is dead lad.

Carpe Diem wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

I never meant to turn a 4-0 win into a moan fella, what I posted was how I felt, I cant help that can I?

Knock it on the head? no chance mate, been there, done it, bought the t-shirt, dont stop going just
like that.

Some people would drop a club just like that, most of our fans probably, but nah, im sticking around ;)

Mate I've got ultimate respect for you and don't mean to have a go. I prefer blue but in the scheme of life just can't see the importance of it. We've been blue for 2,000 home games (guessing) and red for 7 games. Time is a great healer......

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:12 pm

Spot on thread.

I love the fact some fans are saying such like as "we taught them a lesson" as if its some sort of self made achievement. :D

Doncaster could take out £100 million in loans they can't afford to pay and pay all their players 20k - 30k a week when that's more than their total income, but doing it anyway regardless if they have got it or not.... As a result you will have a decent championship team of players. In terms of the result on the club in time to come... Doesn't bare thinking about.

The immediate effect means our fans are split. The atmosphere is dead, we are a pretty soulless club, people don't seem to care as much, we now have a dragon as the main part of our badge and our official colours are red! And that's just the superficial changes to the club.

The future effect is terrifying. We are now lumbered with debt that is crippling for most teams. Tan walks, we die. We fail, we die.

The fact nobody else is spending millions more than they actually have is because it isn't a great idea, I hope the glory hunters realise this soon. :?
Last edited by No Smoking on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:12 pm

cecilccfc wrote:
cecilccfc wrote:

of the league was awful.

got to remember.. clubs changed, the idiots who used to run riot are out the window, were a normal football club now with your basic fan who will turn up, watch the game, be critical and want success as that's all they know.
The rebranding is a joke, but most fans would rather success, were top of the league.. shirt color has changed, it will bring success and thats all that matters unfortunately. Not one of our players cares about the red, they get paid, want to play top level football.

bang on the money

:cry:

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:15 pm

No Smoking wrote:Spot on thread.

I love the fact some fans are saying such like as "we taught them a lesson" as if its some sort of self made achievement. :D

Doncaster could take out £100 million in loans they can't afford to pay and pay all their players 20k - 30k a week when that's more than their total income, but doing it anyway regardless if they have got it or not.... As a result you will have a decent championship team of players. In terms of the result on the club in time to come... Doesn't bare thinking about.

The immediate effect means our fans are split. The atmosphere is dead, we are a pretty soulless club, people don't seem to care as much, we now have a dragon as the main part of our badge and our official colours are red! And that's just the superficial changes to the club.

The fact nobody else is spending millions more than they actually have is because it isn't a great idea, I hope the glory hunters realise this soon. :?

You never tire roath :roll:

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:15 pm

cecilccfc wrote:
cecilccfc wrote:

of the league was awful.

bang on the money

:cry:

just lucky we've got at least one player in whitts who wants to do it for the right reasons.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:18 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:

He's right though isnt he mate?

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:19 pm

Call me anything you like but most people who read it will know what I'm saying is true,

How many of them will admit it on the other hand is another thing all together....

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:26 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:

Is he? Are we any different to man city or any club being funded by an investor? And don't tell me the atmosphere is due to the rebrand as it was just the same last season.
And what a empty statement saying we are a soulless club. Same fans same stadium same club better players. Cheap line that means nothing and is simply a wind up line

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:28 pm

No Smoking wrote:Call me anything you like but most people who read it will know what I'm saying is true,

How many of them will admit it on the other hand is another thing all together....

Whoever you pretend to be its rubbish and I disagree.
Did you go today?

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:29 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

Is he? Are we any different to man city or any club being funded by an investor? And don't tell me the atmosphere is due to the rebrand as it was just the same last season.
And what a empty statement saying we are a soulless club. Same fans same stadium same club better players. Cheap line that means nothing and is simply a wind up line

I think your both right.

You are right that the atmosphere was already shit and you are also right that no we are no different to any club owned by an investor.

The difference is obvious though mate and Im not going to insult your intelligence by pointing it out to you as you already know it but are clearly ignoring it from what I can see.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:36 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

I think your both right.

You are right that the atmosphere was already shit and you are also right that no we are no different to any club owned by an investor.

The difference is obvious though mate and Im not going to insult your intelligence by pointing it out to you as you already know it but are clearly ignoring it from what I can see.

Not so much ignoring it more just don't see the life or death importance some seem intent to put on the 'rebrand'. Like most I worry about my young family, my ability to support them, the welfare and health of my family etc etc. Cardiff City play 23 home games a year, let call it 46 hours a year - does the colour of the shirt they play in really matter that much?

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:41 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

I think your both right.

Not so much ignoring it more just don't see the life or death importance some seem intent to put on the 'rebrand'. Like most I worry about my young family, my ability to support them, the welfare and health of my family etc etc. Cardiff City play 23 home games a year, let call it 46 hours a year - does the colour of the shirt they play in really matter that much?

Obviously it does mate or we wouldnt be having this conversation, I do see where your coming from though but we will just have to agree to disagree.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:41 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
No Smoking wrote:Call me anything you like but most people who read it will know what I'm saying is true,

Whoever you pretend to be its rubbish and I disagree.
Did you go today?

So we aren't spending money we can't afford? Do you want me to bring up our operating costs in comparison to income then or will that just prove what I've said beyond doubt?

And no of course I didn't, I'm a real Cardiff city fan.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:47 pm

Without getting into a big argument mate it just felt totally bizzare to me. Muppet !

of the league was awful.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:47 pm

Sarcasm?

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:48 pm

dont turn up?

not on your nelly

You really ain't got a clue have you.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:49 pm

Natman Blue wrote:

dont turn up?

not on your nelly

have I not? educate me then fella, Im all ears

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:52 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

^^^^ spot on!

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:53 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

Yes completely different.

Man city were already in the prem and their investors which dwarf the riches of ours... Who isn't even our owner... Which means any money they put up could go straight into th playing squad which at that level reaps its own rewards with champions league football. By being one of the worlds biggest clubs they can genuinely find a balance between spending and making money. Another key ingredient of course is the assets the investment has brought if hit upon hard times, they have assembled be of the most valuable sides in world football. They also did this by keeping the club identifiable with the fans.

We are in the championship with a championship squad, a decent championship squad granted, but a championship squad all the same. We are saddled with a debt 8 times the worth of our total football club, spending more than we make in entire year on players wages alone and still need loans to cover it, not to mention the other amounts needed to run a football club. This is being loaned to us at an interest of 7% and each month that passes it increases by another £2 million. All this? Just to be a lower half prem club realistically. In exchange we have also sold the soul of the club by changing our famous blue for a baffling red that has nothing to do with the club and changed our badge to a dragon.

Completely different.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:00 am

Natman Blue wrote:

dont turn up?

not on your nelly

Im still waiting

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:00 am

No Smoking wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

Yes completely different.

Man city were already in the prem and their investors which dwarf the riches of ours... Who isn't even our owner... Which means any money they put up could go straight into th playing squad which at that level reaps its own rewards with champions league football. By being one of the worlds biggest clubs they can genuinely find a balance between spending and making money. Another key ingredient of course is the assets the investment has brought if hit upon hard times, they have assembled be of the most valuable sides in world football. They also did this by keeping the club identifiable with the fans.

We are in the championship with a championship squad, a decent championship squad granted, but a championship squad all the same. We are saddled with a debt 8 times the worth of our total football club, spending more than we make in entire year on players wages alone and still need loans to cover it, not to mention the other amounts needed to run a football club. This is being loaned to us at an interest of 7% and each month that passes it increases by another £2 million. All this? Just to be a lower half prem club realistically. In exchange we have also sold the soul of the club by changing our famous blue for a baffling red that has nothing to do with the club and changed our badge to a dragon.

Completely different.

Roath magic as a poster i despise you but unfortunately you're bang on in that post.