Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

does any honesestly think we can keep winning with a

Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:29 pm

with a
shitty helguson 4-5-1 / mason sub at 60 mins if were losing Away from home ?

Why are we signing a winger? when we clearly need a striker If not 2

Re: does any honesestly think we can keep winning with a

Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:48 pm

Because Bellamy and Smith are injured, that's why we signed a winger. And why do we need to spend yet again more money on a striker when we have a £1 million signing sitting either on the bench or in the stands?

It's not a new striker we need, it's to play our current ones. I agree that we can't carry on as we are - on Saturday either Mason or Velikonja should be starting alongside Helguson to give them both a chance to prove themselves (as if Mason needs to anyway :roll: ) and show Malky what they can do.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:07 pm

Forget Velikonja or Kim Bo Kyung starting. I don't think many realise that it takes a lot to adapt to the style of play in this division. Seeing Etien in pre-season friendlies, he looks too lightweight. I would think that Malky is trying to bulk him up first. It's a massive change for Kim too.

Don't get all the beef with Helguson? He works incredibly hard, will score goals and holds the ball up well. He's one of the best strikers in the division. I'm certain that it will be Mason up top with him - though Joe didn't do himself any favours on Tuesday.

Frei is an excellent addition, will provide good cover for Smith and Bellamy.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:10 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:with a

I've followed your posts on many subjects for a while now and have come to the conclusion that you really are a "glass is half empty" type.The answers in your question-if we keep winning who gives one? :D

Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:15 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

I've followed your posts on many subjects for a while now and have come to the conclusion that you really are a "glass is half empty" type.The answers in your question-if we keep winning who gives one? :D

:lol:
Im just being realistic, I observe alot in games and sometimes the results can be good but we have look concerningly weak in places, and their have been games, when we've look a top side.
more notably, without bellamy, maynard, mutch, and whittingham firing on all cylinders,

4-5-1 will not work every time, we''l come away with 3 points occasionally, but not 75%/80% of the time, which is what you need to do to win a title

Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:17 pm

I like helgusson i think he does a lot off the ball and has scored a few goals for us. In my opinion mason hasnt been the player he was last seaon.

I would like velkonja to get the last 20mins instead of rudy because I think rudy is poor but as another poster said the other day rudy came on against forrest and we scored and he came on against watford and we scored so he must be doing something right that I cant see

Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:19 pm

Random question - Do you live on Sloper road and do you know the big GARY on sloper road?

Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:52 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

:lol:
Im just being realistic, I observe alot in games and sometimes the results can be good but we have look concerningly weak in places, and their have been games, when we've look a top side.
more notably, without bellamy, maynard, mutch, and whittingham firing on all cylinders,

4-5-1 will not work every time, we''l come away with 3 points occasionally, but not 75%/80% of the time, which is what you need to do to win a title

Three of the four you mentioned are injured FFS

We are equal top with those mentioned AND Tommy Smith missing games for
weeks

Your percentage example is ridiculous, given that we are equal FIRST right now.
and also that you dont need to win 75% of your games to go up. NOBODY has ever
gone up with that kind of record. Idiot.