Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Connor Wickham - how much would he cost?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:47 pm

Would love to see him here, big,strong good with the ball, would sunderland even let him go though, and could we afford him. Do you think we would need him? :ayatollah:

Re: Connor Wickham - how much would he cost?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:57 pm

Umm, whats this guy ever done? Seriously?

Didnt set this division alight when with Ipswich and gone on to fail at Sunderland.

Overhyped because he was young and English.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:06 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Umm, whats this guy ever done? Seriously?

Didnt set this division alight when with Ipswich and gone on to fail at Sunderland.

Never impressed me on the little I seem of him.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:27 pm

8million quid he cost and hes done nothing, can not even get on the bench :shock:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:31 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Umm, whats this guy ever done? Seriously?

very much so,he scored a couple of goals in a carling cup match,Roy keane labelled him the next big thing and the premiership teams creamed themselves

getting that amount of money for connor wickham was about the only good thing Paul jewell ever did as a manager for them
Last edited by englishbluebird on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:32 pm

Could be worth a one month loan and see how he does?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:35 pm

I rate him, 2 good feet, strong, mobile, powerful and can score all types of goals. He impressed me when he played against us for Ipswich, he started off leading the line, then towards the end when they switched to 4-5-1, he played as the right winger/right forward. He did a hell of a lot of defensive work, after the game I thought what a great team player. I'm surprised he isn't featuring for Sunderland but I think he had a few injuries, I would definitely take him on loan if he was available.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:41 pm

The problem with a loan move is it would surely take time for the lad to get up to speed and the championship is as competitive as ever , its not so easy to hit the ground running when he hasnt been playing
Doesnt see to have done anything at all in the last year or so?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:24 pm

People keep saying about his goals but 14 goals in 81 games is nothing exciting really.
Does he have the hunger for it? He is certainly wasting away at Sunderland.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:02 pm

jesus i didnt think he went for 8 mil :shock: not many people seem to rate him on here i see, i thought he looked decent, and still only 19 :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:07 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:jesus i didnt think he went for 8 mil :shock: not many people seem to rate him on here i see, i thought he looked decent, and still only 19 :ayatollah:

At a good age but its concerning he doesn't get much game time, at his age he should be playing and learning

Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:12 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
BluebirdJM wrote:jesus i didnt think he went for 8 mil :shock: not many people seem to rate him on here i see, i thought he looked decent, and still only 19 :ayatollah:

At a good age but its concerning he doesn't get much game time, at his age he should be playing and learning

i think a loan for the rest of the season could be a good idea, we need another striker with maynard out, and bellamy only playing half the games and malky not using velikonja and wickham gets game time from it :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:15 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

i think a loan for the rest of the season could be a good idea, we need another striker with maynard out, and bellamy only playing half the games and malky not using velikonja and wickham gets game time from it :ayatollah:

I dunno, I wouldn't be against it but it wouldn't excite me either.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:34 pm

Personally he would do a great job at this stage in his career and kick start it again. A loan deal would suit us both and I feel he would be a real success for us.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:42 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Could be worth a one month loan and see how he does?

Worth taking on loan,unless there is better out there :|

Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:26 am

Jerome is a better option.