Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cameron Jerome???

Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:22 am

Would anyone welcome him back for a loan spell with the current injuries to Bellers and Maynard.

Big, strong striker with plenty of pace .... would fit the bill surely?

Re: Cameron Jerome???

Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:26 am

I have my doubts? how and where has he been getting game time. I'm not fussed about bringing players in that have been left out of first team action for such long periods.

Personally, I'd say no as there is probably better out there.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:12 am

Merlin wrote:I have my doubts? how and where has he been getting game time. I'm not fussed about bringing players in that have been left out of first team action for such long periods.

Personally, I'd say no as there is probably better out there.

Anyone is better than Rudy who has the touch of a Donkey - Jerome is good in the air & quick - he may have left under a cloud but he'll score goals at this level

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:33 am

big time this is the man we need

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:41 am

Connor Wickham?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:20 pm

Cameron left us because he thought he was too good for us - But he was right. He thought he was Premiership quality and that is where he has been for the last few years.

There have been a few players (Bothroyd, Earnie, Chopra) who have been fringe Premiership players but Cameron is someone who has stood the test of time.

There is nothing wrong with arrogance. He knew he was good and, with his physical presence, that is exactly who we need at the moment.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:56 pm

no thank you, just like bothroyd, waste of space

Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:33 pm

We need a pacey strong young striker BIG time so the answer has to be yes in a heartbeat with the opportunities he would be supplied with from ther likes of Bellers,Noone,Whitts,etc he would tear this league up.!

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:28 pm

Would try and sign him on a permanent tbh.

If we do go up, Jerome and Maynard would be class together IMO as a front two. Pace, tall, shorter, poacher, long shot taker, can score headers, etc. all these traits between them.

I hope we go for him in January. Always rated Jerome.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:23 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Cameron left us because he thought he was too good for us - But he was right. He thought he was Premiership quality and that is where he has been for the last few years.

There have been a few players (Bothroyd, Earnie, Chopra) who have been fringe Premiership players but Cameron is someone who has stood the test of time.

There is nothing wrong with arrogance. He knew he was good and, with his physical presence, that is exactly who we need at the moment.

been at stoke for a season and a bit.has been played on the wing now and then and used as a sub a lot.when he was at blues some of the crowd gave him grief.i always liked him .not a natural finisher but always gave 100%.powerfull lad.last year under hughton he,d have ripped another backside out of defenders.i heard he wasn,t that mad to leave.one of the last out the door.mcliesh had him on his own up top.miles from any of his team mates who were all around the 18yard box.they used a mobile to talk to him :lol: took unfair flack.i,d have at blues no bother.think he,d do you a great job

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:30 pm

Id have him here,with the names being thrown out hes probably the most realistic
kenwyn jones still gets in the stoke squad as far as im aware,connor wickham doesnt seem to have what it takes,jay bothroyd is well jay,
theres a striker at a top championship side who seems to be struggling to get game time,played in the champions league and at international level etien something im not sure his second name,maybewe shoukld give him a chance ;) ;)

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:42 pm

Beggars can't be Childers, better than what we got, not bad in the air, quick, relatively strong, will get goal but not loads.
Yes for me!

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:55 pm

blackburn trying to take him on loan

Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:51 pm

Yes ..We could do with him now..

Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:55 pm

I would take the opition to get him. :ayatollah: