Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Nicky Maynard

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:08 am

If he is intact out for the whole season and we get promoted, will he stay or go?

Re: Nicky Maynard

Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:07 am

CF51899 wrote:If he is intact out for the whole season and we get promoted, will he stay or go?

Why should'nt he stay??? he's under contract and his ambition is to play regular in the premiership.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:20 am

HE will get regular games for us in the premiership (pending promotion!) IMO.

Still a good age, very quick, clever player, quick feet, trickery and a complete pain in the ass for defenders to deal with.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:13 pm

Merlin wrote:HE will get regular games for us in the premiership (pending promotion!) IMO.

Still a good age, very quick, clever player, quick feet, trickery and a complete pain in the ass for defenders to deal with.

Agreed. Just not big enough for Big Sam. :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:20 pm

I reckon we'll get him back before the end of the season - got no basis for this, just have a feeling. If he does, he'll definitely stay, if he doesn't, he'll almost definitely stay. Malky would be dull to let him leave after spending £2.5 mil (or whatever it was) on him and Maynard's already stated that he wants to play for us as soon as he's ready.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:17 pm

like he said his interview, he hasn't got the idea he will be back playing this season cos he doesn't want to get his hopes up for nothing, but that doesn't mean he wont be back, he probably will tbh, just wait and see!... and btw he'll definetly be here IF we get to the prem!

Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:10 pm

I would be very surprised if he left.

I think he was enjoying it with City, and comes to every game to support the team.