Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bellamy to miss Burnley clash

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:47 am

CRAIG BELLAMY is set to miss Cardiff City’s bid for a seventh successive Championship home win against Burnley on Saturday after having scans on a damaged ankle.

The former Wales captain left the fray at half-time of Tuesday night’s 2-1 win against Watford.

And Bluebirds boss Malky Mackay said: “Craig’s ankle was swollen and he has had scans to check out the damage.”

It means Bellamy is likely to be ruled out of the game against the Clarets, a real blow for Cardiff’s talisman who missed Wales’ two World Cup qualifiers this month as well as the 2-1 win at Ipswich immediately before the international break after taking a bang to his knee.

Mackay is also set to be without Tommy Smith against Burnley.

“Tommy noticed a tight hamstring, and came off immediately against Watford,” said Mackay.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z2AHr2riJN

Re: Bellamy to miss Burnley clash

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:32 am

Well he needs to dip into the transfter market to get us some pace up front

Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:11 am

Even with Bellamy up front I dont think you'd win this one. Charlie Austin is scoring for fun at the moment.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:17 am

BFC wrote:Even with Bellamy up front I dont think you'd win this one. Charlie Austin is scoring for fun at the moment.

The way Bellamy played before his injury, Austin wouldn't see the ball. Defenders too busy wondering what he was doing to concentrate on humping it up to Austuin.
Paterson seemed an important player a couple of years ago, has he been injured as not heard of him lately. Probably score on Saturday now.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:22 am

Remebering we stopped a full Blackpool team from scoring at our ground.. if we can stop the likes of K Phillips and M Phillips then you shouldn't be that worried.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:22 am

BFC wrote:Even with Bellamy up front I dont think you'd win this one. Charlie Austin is scoring for fun at the moment.

We shall see, City 3 Burnley 1 in my opinion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:13 am

You might want to bolster your defence, considering you've had TEN more goals against than us.

:D

Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:17 am

Nedd Glas wrote:

You might want to bolster your defence, considering you've had TEN more goals against than us.

And not to mention the fact that we just broke a 80 yr old record of winning ALL our games (6) at home in a row to start the season! If they think they are coming down here for an easy game, they are in for a shock!

:ayatollah: 2-1 cardiff.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:01 am

anyone know the full extent of bellamy injury
how long could he be out for?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:11 pm

f*cking hell Smith and Bellers out again. We all know what Bellers can do and has done so far this season (IMO he's been better when he's played so far this season than he was 2010/11) and Smith hasn't put a foot wrong. Gutted. At least we'll have Mutch back, it'll be interesting to see what the lineup will be. I'd imagine Cowie will be moved out wide where Smith normally is and Mutch slot into the middle. We shall see.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Merlin wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

And not to mention the fact that we just broke a 80 yr old record of winning ALL our games (6) at home in a row to start the season! If they think they are coming down here for an easy game, they are in for a shock!

Defence, who needs it? ;) We're going to win the old-fashioned way -by scoring more goals than you.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:05 pm

BFC wrote:
Merlin wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Defence, who needs it? ;) We're going to win the old-fashioned way -by scoring more goals than you.

:lol:

Kamikaze tactics in football very rarely work.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:46 pm

Will take a 1-0 own goal win,being unlucky with injuries this year good job we got big squad :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:23 pm

last seasons team then almost....we are going to drop points at home i think here...hope im wrong mind.