Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

who's should replace him?....

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:32 pm

Okay so last night confirmed that heidar helguson is not good enough for a team thriving for promotion , we all say he needs to be dropped but it does beg the question , who plays up front if you drop him , bear in mind bellamy doesn't play every game , so who should replace him/who should be our striker(s)

Re: who's should replace him?....

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:35 pm

ccfcritchie wrote:Okay so last night confirmed that heidar helguson is not good enough for a team thriving for promotion , we all say he needs to be dropped but it does beg the question , who plays up front if you drop him , bear in mind bellamy doesn't play every game , so who should replace him/who should be our striker(s)

No we don't.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:39 pm

I'd say 8/10 fans do

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:40 pm

ccfcritchie wrote:I'd say 8/10 fans do

Based on what?

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:43 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:

Based on what?

Based on him reading negative threads and telling himself anyone who disagrees is trolling/minority.

Personally I think he does a good job but I feel that he is too short to play the role he plays properly as when a player is looking to send a cross over they won't always know where he is if he's between two tall center backs so even if he does out jump them they are less likely to send them on his head than if he was 6'2 to start with.

Seems to work well with another big man though.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:47 pm

Aramore wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Based on what?

Based on him reading negative threads and telling himself anyone who disagrees is trolling/minority.

Personally I think he does a good job but I feel that he is too short to play the role he plays properly as when a player is looking to send a cross over they won't always know where he is if he's between two tall center backs so even if he does out jump them they are less likely to send them on his head than if he was 6'2 to start with.

Seems to work well with another big man though.

Good post. Too many aerial balls into the opposition's box, rather than a player running into it or going to the byline and crossing on the ground. We can do better and Helguson is doing well under difficult circumstances, as you said.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:49 pm

Not good enough in a tean chasing promotion? Id think watford and qpr beg to differ

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:39 pm

Excellent player. Will score at least 15 I think.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:03 am

I am a big fan of Helgusson but I am afraid Jon Parkin was far better. He was never given a chance here which is a f*cking shame.

:old:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:20 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:I am a big fan of Helgusson but I am afraid Jon Parkin was far better. He was never given a chance here which is a f*cking shame.

You only liked Parkin as he is the only f****r slower than you. :lol:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:24 am

Most of Helguson's work goes un-noticed, we had a similar argument about Kenny Miller, who some will debate that he was utilised incorectly. Helguson was QPR's top scorer in the premier league last season with 11 goals! probably has one of the best aerial threats and heads in the league right now.

Have to admit that sometimes, I think we should have removed him earlier in games to allow other opportunities, but all in all, is a very important player for us, and will be for this coming season.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:10 pm

Yes he had a bad game on Tuesday but so did 7 or 8 others . But he has been scoring goals of late so this is a tad harsh

Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:13 pm

I'm one of the 2 then cos I like him. No one around me in the canton has ever slagged him off.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:18 pm

No basis for the argument that no one likes him at all. For some reason people immediately jump on a players back if he's being utilised incorrectly. Chuck Rudy up there and we've seen what can happen - he's scored 3 goals this season with Rudy on the field. I'm not using this as a case to start Rudy aswell but if Heidar has someone alongside him who can also win high balls then he's a different player. Keep him in I say.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:22 pm

Nothing wrong with Helguson :?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:33 pm

Helgusson is solid, he's been there with the best and got the tee shirt, experienced international, he did it in the premiership last season and is still doing it for us. :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:33 pm

glas wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:I am a big fan of Helgusson but I am afraid Jon Parkin was far better. He was never given a chance here which is a f*cking shame.

You only liked Parkin as he is the only f****r slower than you. :lol:

I see a lot of talent in Parkin, scores great and important goals. He's a nightmare to play against which is why I wish him all the best in his career. Last season on a few occasions we could have utilised his considerable presence.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:47 pm

ccfcritchie wrote:Okay so last night confirmed that heidar helguson is not good enough for a team thriving for promotion , we all say he needs to be dropped but it does beg the question , who plays up front if you drop him , bear in mind bellamy doesn't play every game , so who should replace him/who should be our striker(s)

:o Very suprised by these comments, "not good enough for a team thriving for promotion".
I know he hasnt been consistent and he has lost pace over the years. But hes been scoring goals by making himself available in the right place in the right time. Hes not exactly the tallest player, but fair play to him hes been winning virtually 90% of the balls in the air.

Hes a Cardiff player and I will fully back any other player who gives 100% for the Cardiff cause.

I remember when Mark Hudson had his critics on here during his first season.

The best thing I liked on Tuesday night was the fans backing the players after being 1-0 down, there were a few moans and groans, but the vast majority rallying our players onwards reminded me of the good old days of Ninian Park.

We got a long season ahead......and we will lose games.....lets not turn against our team and put pressure on them, win or lose, theres plenty of games to go.