Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MEETING WITH CEO SIMON LIM 24/10/12

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:39 am

Carl can you please tell me if anyone from the Maesteg supporters club was invited, our committee are perplexed why we are continually overlooked, we run three buses to home games and run buses to away games, we have 300 members and out of some of the names that are mentioned, we do more to promote the club in the Bridgend area than anyone else, and we are a family club with a lot of junior members, as these are the life line to future support for the club.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:23 am

For me, the most interesting aspect of this report is Carl's revelation that Lim has only been working for Tan since June. In the brief period since then, he has been moved from Berjaya's hotel operations to CCFC, first as Finance Director and now as CEO.

When he originally arrived, I got the impression that Lim was a long-standing and trusted colleague of Tan's, but it turns out that he's only been in his employment for a few months.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:37 am

The Lone Gunman wrote:For me, the most interesting aspect of this report is Carl's revelation that Lim has only been working for Tan since June. In the brief period since then, he has been moved from Berjaya's hotel operations to CCFC, first as Finance Director and now as CEO.

When he originally arrived, I got the impression that Lim was a long-standing and trusted colleague of Tan's, but it turns out that he's only been in his employment for a few months.

Still a good meeting though dave as carl said. How true any of it is only remains with tan and his say is final as we all know others there lastnight are mere puppets same as any company the boss controls. :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:38 am

LLangynwyd Blue wrote:Carl can you please tell me if anyone from the Maesteg supporters club was invited, our committee are perplexed why we are continually overlooked, we run three buses to home games and run buses to away games, we have 300 members and out of some of the names that are mentioned, we do more to promote the club in the Bridgend area than anyone else, and we are a family club with a lot of junior members, as these are the life line to future support for the club.

Because whoever runs them is not in the CIRCLE OF TRUST :lol:
:ayatollah:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:50 am

Its all rhetoric and smoke in fact bollocks !!!

Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:34 am

LLangynwyd Blue wrote:Carl can you please tell me if anyone from the Maesteg supporters club was invited, our committee are perplexed why we are continually overlooked, we run three buses to home games and run buses to away games, we have 300 members and out of some of the names that are mentioned, we do more to promote the club in the Bridgend area than anyone else, and we are a family club with a lot of junior members, as these are the life line to future support for the club.

Interesting. I think i am right in saying Steve that your branch of the ccfc supporters club is the longest in history, has always had a well organised committee, even back to the Glyn ? and hywel fencott era(I think i have the names right). Back through the 60's and 70's you were always well represented at home and away, so i'm really surprised you are not at the forefront of these meetings.
I know we are lucky to have Carl's reports on this forum, but the club should have a representative from all groups. :ayatollah:

Re: " UPDATE/MEETING WITH CEO SIMON LIM 24/10/12 "

Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:36 am

Very interesting :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:44 am

The Lone Gunman wrote:For me, the most interesting aspect of this report is Carl's revelation that Lim has only been working for Tan since June. In the brief period since then, he has been moved from Berjaya's hotel operations to CCFC, first as Finance Director and now as CEO.

In Tans short period as virtually acting owner of our club, we have now had 3 CEO's, now that to me is also interesting. If you speak out or speak your mind then you no longer work for Cardiff City. If you creep to our club and let them do what they want to our club, then you as a fan also get well looked after. I would rather be proud and continue to say what I believe in, as one day it will come back to haunt a lot of people.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:57 am

You read Forbes Magazine?!!?!?!?!?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:59 am

Forever Blue wrote:

In Tans short period as virtually acting owner of our club, we have now had 3 CEO's, now that to me is also interesting. If you speak out or speak your mind then you no longer work for Cardiff City. If you creep to our club and let them do what they want to our club, then you as a fan also get well looked after. I would rather be proud and continue to say what I believe in, as one day it will come back to haunt a lot of people.

There is one flaw to your argument though. Why is that special to Tan's business with Cardiff City? Why does he see that above all others as the place where he can't be challenged. Could you just be reading into it something that isn't there or does he does this across the board with all his businesses? And if it gets results then what's the problem?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:03 am

And people are complaining about attendances :roll:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:08 am

One thing about a clock - I don't care where it is in the ground, but could we have one that knows how to go past 45 minutes? :oops:

f*cking ridiculous trying to look at my watch to calulate added time when I am shouting dog's abuse at the ref :lol:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:31 am

I have no problem with them rebranding the club as long as the name stays the same. To me, things have to move with the times. Red Bull Salzburg, Sports Direct Arena, etc. new phases in history, football and the business side of things move on. There is more diving on the pitch today. There is more money making schemes being thought up off it. Both aspects of the game are moving on.

As long as the club is backed and the ultimate aim is to get us to as debt free as possible I have no issues with a dragon and red, a different coloured away kit. I loved the bluebird but things move on. Life goes on. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:37 am

I don't organise the meetings nor do I have any influence on who attends or indeed who are invited, I would suggest you take the matter up with the club.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:42 am

Natman Blue wrote:You read Forbes Magazine?!!?!?!?!?

Is it a question or a statement ? :roll:

Being a self proclaimed fans leader and being a self obsessed person who is out for personal gain and hell bent on fame, I tend to read over and over the columns I write in the South Wales Echo, I find the self indulgence is far more self rewarding and gives me a nice warm feeling inside.

If I then have time for a spot of reading of other pieces I tend to read the life and times of the prophet Joseph Smith !!!!

Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:19 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:You read Forbes Magazine?!!?!?!?!?

Being a self proclaimed fans leader and being a self obsessed person who is out for personal gain and hell bent on fame, I tend to read over and over the columns I write in the South Wales Echo, I find the self indulgence is far more self rewarding and gives me a nice warm feeling inside.

If I then have time for a spot of reading of other pieces I tend to read the life and times of the prophet Joseph Smith !!!!

:lol:

it was a bit of both, lol. Didn't have you pegged down as a Forbes kind of guy!

Joseph Smith! Do you share the same optician?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:41 pm

You read Forbes Magazine?!!?!?!?!?[/quote]

If I then have time for a spot of reading of other pieces I tend to read the life and times of the prophet Joseph Smith !!!![/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:17 pm

hi carl 2 months or 5 months :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:34 pm

JimmyJazz wrote:One thing about a clock - I don't care where it is in the ground, but could we have one that knows how to go past 45 minutes? :oops:

f*cking ridiculous trying to look at my watch to calulate added time when I am shouting dog's abuse at the ref :lol:

Someone else will know for sure but I'm guessing its a FIFA regulation that they don't go past 45 then 90.
I don't think I've ever seen a clock in a football ground go beyond those times

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:11 pm

Neath Bluebird wrote:

Interesting. I think i am right in saying Steve that your branch of the ccfc supporters club is the longest in history, has always had a well organised committee, even back to the Glyn ? and hywel fencott era(I think i have the names right). Back through the 60's and 70's you were always well represented at home and away, so i'm really surprised you are not at the forefront of these meetings.
I know we are lucky to have Carl's reports on this forum, but the club should have a representative from all groups. :ayatollah:

Correct we has a club have been supporting Cardiff for 50 yrs, but it seems, if you weren't in with S H you don't get a look in

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:45 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
JimmyJazz wrote:One thing about a clock - I don't care where it is in the ground, but could we have one that knows how to go past 45 minutes? :oops:

Someone else will know for sure but I'm guessin
g its a FIFA regulation that they don't go past 45 then 90.n
I don't think I've ever seen a clock in a football ground go beyond those times

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Someone else will know for sure but I'm guessin
g its a FIFA regulation that they don't go past 45 then 90.n
I don't think I've ever seen a clock in a football ground go beyond those times[/

Because. Always there is minimum. Added time. If put that up what it won't show is time for subs. Injury ect imagine board says 4 mins and play goes on for 5mins can u imagine rumpus! So added time is never shown so only ref knows time he adds for subs. Ect.

quote]

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:20 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:hi carl 2 months or 5 months :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You know my thoughts Steve, Feb or March :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:mmmm do you think he was spinning a yarn about badge ect ect or do you think it will remain? :P

This is only my personal opinion and if my opinion turns out to be wrong then don't come back at me saying I said this, I said that, etc.

It is my opinion that the bluebird will remain.

And how many false promises have we heard from previous owners incl these,also originally they were 100% removing the Bluebird, which I saw with my own eyes,they've already gone way to far as it is. I will leave it there.

But the meeting does read positive. :ayatollah:

Its the same old bollocks Annis, bored to f*cking death of it...thought money was put aside for Langston?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:17 pm

Good article a lot of food for thought.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:19 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:mmmm do you think he was spinning a yarn about badge ect ect or do you think it will remain? :P

This is only my personal opinion and if my opinion turns out to be wrong then don't come back at me saying I said this, I said that, etc.

And how many false promises have we heard from previous owners incl these,also originally they were 100% removing the Bluebird, which I saw with my own eyes,they've already gone way to far as it is. I will leave it there.

Its the same old bollocks Annis, bored to f*cking death of it...thought money was put aside for Langston?

They stated 10m was kept aside but it seems the settlement will be considerably more.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:42 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Tommy Gun wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

They stated 10m was kept aside but it seems the settlement will be considerably more.

It was Luke, but because Tan decided to play games and not give it all in one go as agreed, he has lost out on the agreed price and it will now cost him at least double that now, he had his chance and his games have back fired on him.
Still stunned that in just a short time of Tan in charge we have now had 3 different CEO's. Hmm

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:47 pm

It does seem so Annis, whatever the final price I just hope it's settled and ideally as cheaply as possible.

The three CEO's don't bother me really. Gethin Jenkins was never the right man IMO and as much as I've always liked Whitely I don't think he is a CEO.
I get the feeling Lim is tans first choice as CEO so be interesting to see how he performs although I find it odd he is only acting CEO.
But at the end of the day if someone needs replacing them that's what needs to happen, I think the past we have had to much deadwood at the club who are not capable and being paid a good wage and not delivering.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:20 pm

2blue2handle wrote:It does seem so Annis, whatever the final price I just hope it's settled and ideally as cheaply as possible.

The three CEO's don't bother me really. Gethin Jenkins was never the right man IMO and as much as I've always liked Whitely I don't think he is a CEO.
I get the feeling Lim is tans first choice as CEO so be interesting to see how he performs although I find it odd he is only acting CEO.
But at the end of the day if someone needs replacing them that's what needs to happen, I think the past we have had to much deadwood at the club who are not capable and being paid a good wage and not delivering.

Yes Luke, I really hope it gets sorted for the good of our club first.
Lim was apparently asked if he was only temporary and he replied no, he is permanent.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:38 pm

So this meeting is just for all the yes men that sold there souls to go and kiss ass even more.