Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Speed Camera (Help)

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:50 pm

Got flashed on the M42/M6 Toll road tonight :evil: ....was doing 62mph and the speed limit that was lit up above the gantry was a 50.......can I claim that the speed limit wasn't displayed ;) :D

First time I ever been done :cry: :cry: :twisted: :lol:

Anyone advice :lol: :lol: (the p.c brigade..do one ;) ).

3 points and a eighty I suppose is it :oops: :cry:

Re: Speed Camera (Help)

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:52 pm

tut tut you are now a criminal :D

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:52 pm

Marc wrote:Got flashed on the M42/M6 Toll road tonight :evil: ....was doing 62mph and the speed limit that was lit up above the gantry was a 50.......can I claim that the speed limit wasn't displayed ;) :D

may get lucky and no film in camara! :D yep 3pnts and 60£ unless thick fog :lol:

teach you to keep to speed limits of signs!!!!! :P

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:54 pm

Woof woof

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:55 pm

Thick Fog HHMMMMMMMMMMMMmmm. :lol: :lol:

Was fogy mind ;)

As Baz says I'm now a criminal, probably get 5 years solitary when they find out I support the City :shock:

Fumin...Fookin 62mph....I wank faster than that FFS. :twisted: :twisted:

You could always apply to do the speed awareness course, which costs £80 I believe, but you don't end up with any points on your licence Stirling! :)

or do the 4 hours of f*cking boring drivel thayt is known as the ''speed awareness cours'' i did and have never been the same since

i even wear womens thongs now :o

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:03 pm

Cheers Lads :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ....Baz :lol: :lol: Class :lol: :lol:

I'd rather pay the £80 for the speed awareness course mind. Not keen on injecting, do you think they mind if I put it in a rizla and just bomb it . :D

FFS :lol:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Stick to the speed limit :roll:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:10 pm

milly44 wrote:Stick to the speed limit :roll:

I was below the speed limit for a motorway, not my fault they decided to change it willy nilly :roll: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:15 pm

Marc wrote:

I was below the speed limit for a motorway, not my fault they decided to change it willy nilly :roll: :ayatollah:

Just say you was in your Eddie Stobart lorry when some geeks started waving at you and it's your job to wave back and it distracted you. And if they ask why you was doing 62 mph you tell em Chief coz the Fooking thing won't go any faster :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:17 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Marc wrote:

Just say you was in your Eddie Stobart lorry when some geeks started waving at you and it's your job to wave back and it distracted you. And if they ask why you was doing 62 mph you tell em Chief coz the Fooking thing won't go any faster :lol: :lol:

Meow :lol: :lol:

Have to try the fog bullshit on this one :lol: :lol: ....cheers for all the helpful advice mind. :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:28 pm

Actually, I did the speed awareness course and it wasn't that bad.

Its amazing how much i'd forgotten since I passed my test in 1977!

:D

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:33 pm

Marc wrote:

:D :D :D
Silly billy :)

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:34 pm

milly44 wrote:
Marc wrote:

:D :D :D
Silly billy :)

Kunt :lol: :lol: :lol: ...

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:36 pm

pervo's

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:24 pm

Isn't it still the case with gantry cameras that they need to flash twice so they can see from the road markings the actual speed. I've one through cowbridge road in a friends car in the early hours doing 50mph and got flashed once but nothing came of it.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:31 pm

sorry us do gooders. who have never done anything bad in our lives. find you guilty. terrible. i suppose you were in your flashy convertible. roof down. playing one direction. on full volume, :roll: :ayatollah: :lol:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:32 pm

ninianblue wrote:sorry us do gooders. who have never done anything bad in our lives. find you guilty. terrible. i suppose you were in your flashy convertible. roof down. playing one direction. on full volume, :roll: :ayatollah: :lol:

Yeah that's him :oops:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:51 pm

I got zapped at 34 in a 30 driving a bus..

My union paid my £80 fee and I took awareness course..

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:23 pm

Speed awarness course not an option only applies if you were less than 10mph over the limit

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Marc, the M42/M6 Toll Road cameras are set to only operate when a reduced speed limit (i.e LESS than the statutory 70mph) is in place for so-called road safety reasons, such as heavy traffic, poor driving conditions, RTC's etc.

If you were 'flashed' by one of these then it is likely that even with the tolerances allowed for speedometer inaccurracies you were travelling above the 57mph required to trigger the camera off (62mph is unlikely to have been your 'true' speed and maybe a Sat Nav would be a better indicator as they work by triangulation)

Unfortunately, your only hope is that the camera either wasn't loaded OR the camera operator doesn't view the evidence in time to post a 'Notice of Intended Prosecution' to arive at the owner's address WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE ALLEGED OFFENCE. Unfortunately, both are unlikely in this digital age but neither is entirely unheard of and usually you will receive any 'Summons' within 5 or 6 working days)

Should 3 points be added to your licence they will be 'active' for 3 years but remain on your licence for a 4th year during which you are obliged to inform your insurance company (3 points doesn't usually affect your policy) before you can apply to have them removed 'at a cost' by the DVLA

Alternatively, you MAY (not always) be offered a 'Speed Awareness Course' if your licence is curreny 'clean' but these are often very condescending considering you have crashed, haven't hurt anyone and/or haven't cost the Authorities money in your actions. Slightly belittling BUT if it keeps the points off your licence then go for it if given the opportunity

Sorry to put an dampener on your hopes and I sincerely hope you hear nothing...

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:32 pm

Marc wrote:Got flashed on the M42/M6 Toll road tonight :evil: ....was doing 62mph and the speed limit that was lit up above the gantry was a 50.......can I claim that the speed limit wasn't displayed ;) :D

i just got caught on the m50,average speed camera....doing 50 in a 40....going to do speed awareness course...£80,no points.....wankers...i got caught on a sunday night at 11.50...no workmen,no one else on road :evil: :evil:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:23 pm

marc,tell the old bill you couldn,t see the speedo to see what speed you were doing cos you were too pissed.that should help :D seriously,i think you are living in my neck of the woods.if you go through wedges mills don,t go above 30 .those camera,s by the chase gate work :cry:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:26 pm

bluewho wrote:Speed awarness course not an option only applies if you were less than 10mph over the limit

Not true, I recently went on a speed awareness course and I was not doing less than 10mph over the limit, I was doing exactly 10mph over the limit :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:57 am

This site offers a nice amount of information...

http://www.pepipoo.com/

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:48 am

Sven Ghali wrote:Marc, the M42/M6 Toll Road cameras are set to only operate when a reduced speed limit (i.e LESS than the statutory 70mph) is in place for so-called road safety reasons, such as heavy traffic, poor driving conditions, RTC's etc.

If you were 'flashed' by one of these then it is likely that even with the tolerances allowed for speedometer inaccurracies you were travelling above the 57mph required to trigger the camera off (62mph is unlikely to have been your 'true' speed and maybe a Sat Nav would be a better indicator as they work by triangulation)

Unfortunately, your only hope is that the camera either wasn't loaded OR the camera operator doesn't view the evidence in time to post a 'Notice of Intended Prosecution' to arive at the owner's address WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE ALLEGED OFFENCE. Unfortunately, both are unlikely in this digital age but neither is entirely unheard of and usually you will receive any 'Summons' within 5 or 6 working days)

Should 3 points be added to your licence they will be 'active' for 3 years but remain on your licence for a 4th year during which you are obliged to inform your insurance company (3 points doesn't usually affect your policy) before you can apply to have them removed 'at a cost' by the DVLA

Alternatively, you MAY (not always) be offered a 'Speed Awareness Course' if your licence is curreny 'clean' but these are often very condescending considering you have crashed, haven't hurt anyone and/or haven't cost the Authorities money in your actions. Slightly belittling BUT if it keeps the points off your licence then go for it if given the opportunity

Sorry to put an dampener on your hopes and I sincerely hope you hear nothing...

Cheers mate :ayatollah: In a nutshell....I've gone through them everyday for over a year as well :twisted:

I'll appeal, but already accepted I'm going to get the 3 points and the fine :twisted: ...company car, so the otice will go to my boss :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:50 am

jtc wrote:

marc,tell the old bill you couldn,t see the speedo to see what speed you were doing cos you were too pissed.that should help :D seriously,i think you are living in my neck of the woods.if you go through wedges mills don,t go above 30 .those camera,s by the chase gate work :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol: ...Norton Canes I live, I even missed my turn off T6 yesterday as my mind was racing :lol: ...ended up in Cannock toll, that cost me an extra £1.50 and 15 minutes :lol: :lol: ...not a great journey home for me :twisted: :lol:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:51 am

ninianblue wrote:sorry us do gooders. who have never done anything bad in our lives. find you guilty. terrible. i suppose you were in your flashy convertible. roof down. playing one direction. on full volume, :roll: :ayatollah: :lol:

:oops: :oops: :oops: bang to rights :oops: :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:52 am

carlccfc wrote:
bluewho wrote:Speed awarness course not an option only applies if you were less than 10mph over the limit

Not true, I recently went on a speed awareness course and I was not doing less than 10mph over the limit, I was doing exactly 10mph over the limit :ayatollah:

Interesting... I'll just have to wait and see what the notice says :cry: :ayatollah: