Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: genuinely scary films

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:17 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Salms lot is a good one.

Good call! Salem's Lot is a very underrated horror film!

A bit dated now, but I've yet to meet anyone who hasn't jumped out of their skin at the first appearance of Mr Barlow! :shock:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:25 pm

Lol shit my self when the kid was tapping the window.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:39 pm

Correction, meant The changeling :o :o

Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:41 pm

Anyone of my vintage would remember the hot-dog stand between the Bob Bank and Grange (away at the time) getting turned over (time & time again) as we tried to 'integrate' with various opposition fans. So do any old gits remember a gem TV series from 1977(ish?) on HTV/ITV called 'Children Of The Stones'? Same year as Jaws and cooking hot summers. It was on a Friday teatime and scary even for adults at the time. :old:

Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:43 am

Remember stig of the dump!!

Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:41 am

Dont find any films scary. I always notice plot holes in them. I tend to lose interest then and see right through the film. For this reason horrors bore me. For example, when the person in the film can easily escape something trying to kill them but they go back straight into the building where it is. That to me is retarded and something no one would do. I know its just a film so done for entertainment's sake but its just daft. I prefer films like Shutter Island, the thriller type that have a twist. Great intelligent films they are. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:39 am

twin town

Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:15 am

The Grudge, mainly because when that face is stuck in your head every corner is a deathtrap. I can't say with any certainty that it's genuinely scary because I'm a little girl when it comes to horror films, but it is one of the scariest/jumpiest I've seen.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:03 am

The ring!when the gile crawles out of the tv

Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:41 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Remember stig of the dump!!

:lol: :lol:

Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:44 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:Dont find any films scary. I always notice plot holes in them. I tend to lose interest then and see right through the film. For this reason horrors bore me. For example, when the person in the film can easily escape something trying to kill them but they go back straight into the building where it is. That to me is retarded and something no one would do. I know its just a film so done for entertainment's sake but its just daft. I prefer films like Shutter Island, the thriller type that have a twist. Great intelligent films they are. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

They're not all like that.

You're referring to films like "Scream" and "Halloween".

Not all horrors are mindless slashers.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:47 pm

Karl wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:Dont find any films scary. I always notice plot holes in them. I tend to lose interest then and see right through the film. For this reason horrors bore me. For example, when the person in the film can easily escape something trying to kill them but they go back straight into the building where it is. That to me is retarded and something no one would do. I know its just a film so done for entertainment's sake but its just daft. I prefer films like Shutter Island, the thriller type that have a twist. Great intelligent films they are. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

They're not all like that.

You're referring to films like "Scream" and "Halloween".

Not all horrors are mindless slashers.

slasher films are piss poor, films that really scare me are pschycological (if thats how you spell it) horrors