Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Velikonja

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:55 am

What does he have to do to get on the pitch!?!

Assuming Bellamy is out on Saturday I'd like to see him start. I was disappointed with Mason's contributio last night and he's been a bit out of form whenever I've seen him play this season. Rudy is a sub at best. Malky will always go with Helgusson, but I'd like to see Velikonja given a go.

Re: Velikonja

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:01 pm

Jonesy99 wrote:What does he have to do to get on the pitch!?!

Assuming Bellamy is out on Saturday I'd like to see him start. I was disappointed with Mason's contributio last night and he's been a bit out of form whenever I've seen him play this season. Rudy is a sub at best. Malky will always go with Helgusson, but I'd like to see Velikonja given a go.

mason played well when he came on great movement

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:13 pm

I thought Mason was fantastic. He wasn't playing up-front as such, but he held the ball up well in and around the box and had a few good ideas which, unfortunately, weren't executed by other team mates.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:17 pm

Jonesy99 wrote:What does he have to do to get on the pitch!?!

Ben doon?

:lol:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:18 pm

Mason was outstanding when he came on!

His movement opened up space on alot of occasions and that was exactly what we needed in a tight game!

He's a striker, not a winger or midfielder, when Malky plays him up front i can see why he was voted as fans player of the season last season. :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:19 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:Mason was outstanding when he came on!

His movement opened up space on alot of occasions and that was exactly what we needed in a tight game!

He's a striker, not a winger or midfielder, when Malky plays him up front i can see why he was voted as fans player of the season last season. :ayatollah:

:clap:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:19 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:Mason was outstanding when he came on!

:clap:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:28 pm

I want to see velikonja play a full game (even if i cant pronounce his name)

There was big talk about him when we signed him in july and was the transfer fee around the 3 million mark? and i havnt seen any of him so far this season!

It would be great to see him and helgerson up front

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:34 pm

Mason was awesome, he's gonna be a brilliant player.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:39 pm

bluecityblue wrote:Mason was awesome, he's gonna be a brilliant player.

Nothing special about Mason last night - but he looked like Messi when compared to Don effing Cowie ( confirmed last night that Cowie is crap whether he plays in centre midfield or wide ). :(

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:45 pm

mugsy wrote:

Nothing special about Mason last night - but he looked like Messi when compared to Don effing Cowie ( confirmed last night that Cowie is crap whether he plays in centre midfield or wide ). :(

I thought Cowie worked his arse off last night. I'm not his biggest fan, because I believe we've got better players than him who don't get played as often, but he gave his all last night - which is more than can be said for some.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:40 pm

one of cowies better games for us last night.

I like masn, hope he can get a run out in the first team, but did nothing last night.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:48 pm

I've only seen velikonja play a couple of times, but he has impressed me. Against Newcastle in pre-season he was awesome, holding his own against Mike Williamson and Coloccini. Scored an impressive solo goal against them as well. Hopefully his time will come soon :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:08 pm

People keep banging on about Velikonja not being ready... but he'll never be ready if he doesn't get on the grass.

I can see him smashing one in on Saturday IF he gets on.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:09 pm

bluebird_mike wrote:I've only seen velikonja play a couple of times, but he has impressed me. Against Newcastle in pre-season he was awesome, holding his own against Mike Williamson and Coloccini. Scored an impressive solo goal against them as well. Hopefully his time will come soon :ayatollah:

Good point, he looked very handy against Newcastle.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:43 pm

amazes me how he hasnt played, he looks quick and sharp from what ive seen/heard - someone who could cause problems alongside HH?

Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:16 pm

malky is puzzling the two signings we paid the most money for cant even get 10 mins betwen them if they are good enough they should be ready enough

Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:32 pm

Rumour has it he's a bit lethargic and came back from International break slightly overweight? :o how that happens I don't know?
Hope Mason has a run of games up front, has looked lost out right and confidence has suffered.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:50 pm

He had a stormer at Brighton away (only game this season?) miracle save from their keeper stopped him scoring. Would love to see him get some game time, even coming off the bench with 15-20 mins left

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:15 pm

mugsy wrote:

What an odd thing to say :shock: Cowie played very well in the middle last night or maybe he is just the new scapegoat :roll:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:17 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
mugsy wrote:

What an odd thing to say :shock: Cowie played very well in the middle last night or maybe he is just the new scapegoat :roll:

He shouldn't be, after the shift he put in last night. Even people by me, who aren't particularly fans of his, were giving him credit for his work rate.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:26 pm

nicky evans wrote:malky is puzzling the two signings we paid the most money for cant even get 10 mins betwen them if they are good enough they should be ready enough

Me too :o :o

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:34 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
mugsy wrote:

He shouldn't be, after the shift he put in last night. Even people by me, who aren't particularly fans of his, were giving him credit for his work rate.

I didn't see him do a thing all game. But to be honest from where I'm sitting I don't see a lot of players unless they're in the final third or towards the Ninian stand.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:37 pm

I don't know how mason does it such clever movement for an 18 year old, he got a good footballin brain.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:39 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:I don't know how mason does it such clever movement for an 18 year old, he got a good footballin brain.

He needs a goal soon, though, to boost his confidence - even if it's only a tap-in.