Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Joe Lewis

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:38 am

would any one else like to see lewis given a chance marshalls done okay this season but he has made a few mistakes,

joe lewis is a quality keeper think he might get his chance soon! :ayatollah:

Re: Joe Lewis

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:44 am

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:would any one else like to see lewis given a chance marshalls done okay this season but he has made a few mistakes,

Marshal hasnt done that many mistakes and on the whole has been very impressive.

He is our best keeper! :ayatollah:

Lewis will have to wait for his chance....if it comes.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:46 am

id rather not experiment with GK's tbh

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:47 am

SA17 Bluebird wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:would any one else like to see lewis given a chance marshalls done okay this season but he has made a few mistakes,

Marshal hasnt done that many mistakes and on the whole has been very impressive.

theres been a couple of goals we have conceded where hes parried it out to them, i think even last night for there goal he did didnt he?

i think lewis should get a chance! :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:54 am

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
SA17 Bluebird wrote:

theres been a couple of goals we have conceded where hes parried it out to them, i think even last night for there goal he did didnt he?

it was a point blank save, his reactions were top notch, no way can he be blamed even 0.1% for that goal last night

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:55 am

We'd be mad to change keepers now. Marshall has been really good this season and made two great saves last night. The parry was a reaction save from close range due to the striker getting in front of the defender.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:57 am

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:theres been a couple of goals we have conceded where hes parried it out to them, i think even last night for there goal he did didnt he?

Marshall cannot be blamed for last night's goal. The ball came in, someone got a touch on it, Dave made a fantastic save, and it was unfortunate to fall to a Watford player afterwards.

He's No.1 - plain and simple. :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:00 pm

joeeeeeeeeeeeeee lewissssssssssssssssssssss :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:22 pm

Some people must go to the games blind folded,
Marshall was brilliant last night made a few vital good saves.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:42 pm

No

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:50 pm

Why?

Marshall has gone above and beyond his normal expectations over previous seasons. We don't need to experiment with changes in that position.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:58 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:joeeeeeeeeeeeeee lewissssssssssssssssssssss :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Are you a relative of Joe's? That's the only reason I can think for someone suggesting he should be given a chance ahead of Marshall in a league game. :lol:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:03 pm

Jollffe wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:joeeeeeeeeeeeeee lewissssssssssssssssssssss :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Are you a relative of Joe's? That's the only reason I can think for someone suggesting he should be given a chance ahead of Marshall in a league game. :lol:

yeah hes actually my cousin lol :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:19 pm

Ridiculous suggestion.

Do you remember Marshall's save in the second half which would have put them 2-0 up? Or when their striker was clean through but he rushed out and got their first?

Marshall is one of the top goalkeepers in the Championship, and would not be out of place in the Premier League - his distribution was better than usual last night actually!

Lewis, however, is a keeper who once showed promise but it hasn't happened. He is a back-up keeper that's all, a bit like Tom Heaton - though I'm not even sure Lewis will play in the FA Cup.

Heaven forbid if Marshall gets injured.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:23 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:28 pm

I'd be concerned if MM changed keepers with the form Marshall in.
He was my MOTM last night and the reason we came away with any points, some world class saves.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:34 pm

Is it April 1 ?

This gotta be a joke post surely ?

Do you go to the games ?

Have you ever played football ?

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:21 pm

Marshall has been top notch.. the goal last night was the defenders fault for letting his man get in front of him for the header.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:29 pm

I'm not Marshall's biggest fan but not the time to be changing IMO, he wasn't to blame for goal other night and made a couple of excellent saves, even starting to catch a few crosses too. :ayatollah:
Marshy has made some mistakes this season and thought he could have done better for Forest's 1st & 3rd on Sat, but all keepers make mistakes and they get pointed out more than outfield errors.

It's a shame we are out of the Carling cup ( whatever it's called this year ), as we have loads this season who need a run out including Lewis, I was one who was glad we got knocked out but on reflection we have a bigger squad and could do with the games.

Connolly took his chance when he came in, will Lewis if & when he gets his chance?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:01 pm

Directly behind the goal on tuesday and marshall made a superb save after some piss poor defending from yet another corner
hes playing better than ever,outstanding last season and so far this season aswell
Malky was 100% spot on in favouring marshall over tom heaton
should be scotlands number one in my opinion

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:07 pm

Defo lewis after today!

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:09 pm

After Wittingham them for me Marhall is the second name on the team sheet, he has been outstanding this season.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:19 am

Best keeper in the league. Have you not seen all his saves this season? Id question you going to any games with comments like this.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:25 pm

Marshall has made a few glaring errors this season that have led to goals, give Lewis a chance, need to keep the squad competitive :ayatollah: