Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HOW THE HELL IS RUDY GESTEDE IN OUR MATCHDAY SQUAD

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:31 am

I have been patient with the guy but last night it was plain to see he is nowhere near good enough for this level. His touch is awful and for someone so big he cannot head the ball full stop. I feel sorry for Velikonja but he must be shit not to make the squad before Gestede. Surely there are better players out there available for loan. :x

Re: HOW THE HELL IS RUDY GESTEDE IN OUR MATCHDAY SQUAD

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:41 am

Velikonja is a very gd player, saw alot of vids of him and saw him when he came on in the friendly against Newcastle. He scored past them which involved Krul approachin him, then Etien dribbled it around him then lovely cheeky freness. Showed confidence and composure...definelty should be startin to be honest, Kim bo is def a starter too. Dnt know what Malky is thinking :?

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:42 am

Also I agree with you, Rudy isnt good enough you could see that last season

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:44 am

its because when stuff isnt going right he brings Rudy on to disrupt their defence, he is so awkward and gangly and has no idea what hes gonna do it makes the defenders make mistakes. He'll never be a starter but useful as a plan C

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:28 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:its because when stuff isnt going right he brings Rudy on to disrupt their defence, he is so awkward and gangly and has no idea what hes gonna do it makes the defenders make mistakes. He'll never be a starter but useful as a plan C

:lol:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:30 pm

nobby wrote:I have been patient with the guy but last night it was plain to see he is nowhere near good enough for this level. His touch is awful and for someone so big he cannot head the ball full stop. I feel sorry for Velikonja but he must be shit not to make the squad before Gestede. Surely there are better players out there available for loan. :x

From a guy that has Cowie as an avatar.......priceless!!

Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:03 pm

rudy came on at 1-0 down to ipswich and we won. rudy came on at 1-0 down to watford and we won. rudy came on at 3-0 down to forest and set up a goal for 3-1. make of it what u will, but that's what happened. only saying. in regards to purple in cwmbran mentioning cowie, surely u ain't abusing him just cos he don't skin 5 players at a time. i like cowie.playing, nothing wrong with him

Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:04 pm

rudy came on at 1-0 down to ipswich and we won. rudy came on at 1-0 down to watford and we won. rudy came on at 3-0 down to forest and set up a goal for 3-1. make of it what u will, but that's what happened. only saying. in regards to purple in cwmbran mentioning cowie, surely u ain't abusing him just cos he don't skin 5 players at a time. i like cowie.playing, nothing wrong with him

Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:08 pm

yes rudy is rubbish done ok against forest last night was shit no awarness at all got in peoples way twice in crosses i thought cowie done ok in the middle i reckon we need a good left back and try and pinch kenwyne jones o loan

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:21 pm

Purple in Cwmbran wrote:
nobby wrote:I have been patient with the guy but last night it was plain to see he is nowhere near good enough for this level. His touch is awful and for someone so big he cannot head the ball full stop. I feel sorry for Velikonja but he must be shit not to make the squad before Gestede. Surely there are better players out there available for loan. :x

From a guy that has Cowie as an avatar.......priceless!!

The thread is about Gestede not Cowie and has been my avatar since last season but what the f**k has that got to do with how good Rudi is........PRICELESS.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:24 pm

Rudy is a handful, and will be crucial for us this season. He won't score many, but he's very valuable as a substitute.

Laughable how some people are criticising Cowie, he was our best player last night.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:25 pm

Worst player ive ever seen in a City shirt and ive seen some shit

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:48 pm

He's just a shit Fortune West :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:50 pm

Lovely guy Dai, but def not a Championship player, I am stunned by this as well, but we all make mistakes, hopefully Malky realises that.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:55 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Worst player ive ever seen in a City shirt and ive seen some shit

Worse than Solomon Taiwo or Steve McLean? What about Jorn Schwinkendorf?

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:06 pm

hes so all over the place when he comes on the opposition dont really know what to do#

and like mentioned,evry time hes come on good things have happened for us and thats a fact

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:15 pm

englishbluebird wrote:hes so all over the place when he comes on the opposition dont really know what to do#

and like mentioned,evry time hes come on good things have happened for us and thats a fact

He's got the Leo effect. When he comes on, because of his size, the defenders start to worry. Obviously, they can't hear the groans from our fans!

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:Worst player ive ever seen in a City shirt and ive seen some shit

Steve McLean :o
500k profit in 6 months, quality signing :lol:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:

What about Carlton Leonard, Andy Kerr, Chris Marustik and Andy Crawford

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:22 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

What about Carlton Leonard, Andy Kerr, Chris Marustik and Andy Crawford

Exactly. We could go on all night with names who would be higher up the City Cack List than Gestede.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:27 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:hes so all over the place when he comes on the opposition dont really know what to do#

He's got the Leo effect. When he comes on, because of his size, the defenders start to worry. Obviously, they can't hear the groans from our fans!

exactly i dont think hes anywhere good enough but again he had 2 defenders on him straightaway which frees up space for our better players

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:37 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:

Yes worse than them. Hes f*cking shit.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:38 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

You have failed to see The Leo Effect.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
nobby wrote:I have been patient with the guy but last night it was plain to see he is nowhere near good enough for this level. His touch is awful and for someone so big he cannot head the ball full stop. I feel sorry for Velikonja but he must be shit not to make the squad before Giestede. Surely there are better players out there available for loan. :x

Lovely guy Dai, but def not a Championship player, I am stunned by this as well, but we all make mistakes, hopefully Malky realises that.

If he realised his mistake he wouldnt have given him a new contract or play him, albeit off the bench, whenever he isnt injured.

I honestly believe Malky rates him. Worrying.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:40 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Leo was shit as well

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:57 pm

Basically, he is the only target man striker we have - he may have to last us until January. If he'd stayed fit last season he may have given Kenny Miller some support.

and he played well at Wembley (apart from his pen) :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:15 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Leo was shit as well

That's not the point. Pay attention, Polo.

:roll:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:23 pm

I'm obviously in the minority, but I like Rudy's style of play, he gets stuck in when he comes on and creates chances in the penalty area for his team mates, he's obviously got a part to play.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:39 pm

nobber wrote:I'm obviously in the minority, but I like Rudy's style of play, he gets stuck in when he comes on and creates chances in the penalty area for his team mates, he's obviously got a part to play.

Specsavers have 2 for 1 offer at the minute mate

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:50 pm

Cowie should of been sold in the summer, hes bollock.