Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

motm?

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:37 am

Did gunnarson get it last night? I would have picked tommy myself player of the match by a mile until he went off.

Re: motm?

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:40 am

Gunnar was on the pitch for about 3 minutes and he won MOTM - Shows how bad the rest of the side was!

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:45 am

I know until the last 20 30 mins it felt like a training match no effort jus keep possession. Tommy was the only person doing anything. I thought some of the crossing was poor to.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:24 am

cowie then connelly for me.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:09 pm

Connelly , I thought he had a good game at right back I hope he keeps his place

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:43 pm

paulh_85 wrote:cowie then connelly for me.

Cowie? - I'll have a pint of whatever your drinking! ( Marshall played well )

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:37 pm

Yeh marshal made some great saves. If we were threatened more on goal he may have had it. Tommyfor me all day. Noone was ok to. Don't know if anyone else seen but Hudson was lucky not to give a pen away in the second half.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:32 pm

Cowie for me :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:35 pm

I would have said Cowie, didn't really do anything wrong, should have scored in the 1st half though.

I think the only reason he didn't get it is because people don't seem to like him, he's an important player for us

Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:07 pm

Marshall for me.

Thought Cowie did very well

Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:15 pm

Cowie for me

Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:38 pm

Tommy Smith for me, only one who really looked to cause any damage going forward (incidentally, that's where the goal is! ha ha) followed closely by Cowie, who I thought had a decent game until switched wide when Smith went off.

Lots of people moaning at cowie and cursing him from where I was in the Canton? but they're all f*cking deluded or were watching a different game to me. I'm right! FACT. :D :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:16 pm

Smith by a country mile for me. He seemed the only player last night who could make something happen. He rarely gives the ball away, runs, battles and creates. I feel Tommy Smith has been our best signing consistancy wise. He never lets us down and he is just the type of player we need over the long slog of the season. Losing him for what I imagine will be a minimum of 3 weeks with a muscle pull is a massive blow.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:30 pm

I dont think we were as bad as some people are making out,the effort was there from most players in my opinion

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:31 pm

englishbluebird wrote:I dont think we were as bad as some people are making out,the effort was there from most players in my opinion

Not when a sub wins MOM being on the field 5mins says something surely :?

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:40 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:I dont think we were as bad as some people are making out,the effort was there from most players in my opinion

We're always going to have games like that Tuggs, when teams like Watford and Huddersfield come and put so many players behind the ball!

It takes 2 teams to make an entertaining match, like when Wolves came to us a few weeks ago and tried to win by playing attacking football!

Watford's style of play also helped to kill any chance of a decent atmopshere, as they were fecking boring!

Can't believe an attacking legend like Zola would set up his team to be so defensive and IMO, if you set up so defensively, then you deserve to lose!

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:45 pm

Cowie for me I thought he added real energy into the centre, id love to know the yardage he covered :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:48 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

We're always going to have games like that Tuggs, when teams like Watford and Huddersfield come and put so many players behind the ball!

It takes 2 teams to make an entertaining match, like when Wolves came to us a few weeks ago and tried to win by playing attacking football!

Watford's style of play also helped to kill any chance of a decent atmopshere, as they were fecking boring!

Can't believe an attacking legend like Zola would set up his team to be so defensive and IMO, if you set up so defensively, then you deserve to lose!

Yep we will have games like that keith with the other team trying to hit us on the break we could of been two nill down lastnight and nobody would have grumbled if marshall had not saved the one after the goal, as for the atmosphere i dont think lastnight killed it its been killed for along time bar a handfull of games i can remember down the ccs its been dreadful. The loudest chant of the night was "whitts does what he wants" its a souless ground end of but thats only our fans fault not the ground, even the watford fans all 400 of them you could hear better than ours :shock: . Zola supprised me tbh like you said they set up to camp and break, f**k me if only he was 15years younger and playing behind helguson for us :lol:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:52 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Yep we will have games like that keith with the other team trying to hit us on the break we could of been two nill down lastnight and nobody would have grumbled if marshall had not saved the one after the goal, as for the atmosphere i dont think lastnight killed it its been killed for along time bar a handfull of games i can remember down the ccs its been dreadful. The loudest chant of the night was "whitts does what he wants" its a souless ground end of but thats only our fans fault not the ground, even the watford fans all 400 of them you could hear better than ours :shock: . Zola supprised me tbh like you said they set up to camp and break, f**k me if only he was 15years younger and playing behind helguson for us :lol:

Never mind Helguson, what would you give to have Zola and Bellamy ripping into these shit teams eh? :)

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Never mind Helguson, what would you give to have Zola and Bellamy ripping into these shit teams eh? :)

Well bellers has had it lets be fair hes always injured and zola must be 45odd maybe if DJ was here he would try sign him up :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:55 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Well bellers has had it lets be fair hes always injured and zola must be 45odd maybe if DJ was here he would try sign him up :ayatollah:

I did mean in their hey day, not at their current ages! :) :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:27 pm

I ment in there late years or retired as we wouldnt have bellers otherwise and zola well that would be a dream in his prime because if it was there younger days they wouldnt be here one month some big time team would snap them up :lol:
:ayatollah: