Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The only reasons I find the Prem appealing...

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:26 am

are money and European football.

Do I find the prospect of playing Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, etc. throughout the season appealing? Not at all. I actually prefer playing smaller clubs and drawing those clubs in the cup because it adds to the occassion. If we play in the Prem and draw Liverpool, big deal, we play them twice per season anyway.

The only reason I want us to go up truth be told because European football is years/decades away is the money to help the club and to get more people interested. Otherwise, I'd be quite content with us staying in the Championship truth be told.

Some may disagree and fair enough.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: The only reasons I find the Prem appealing...

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:29 am

I think that the biggest thing about it is knowing that City have reached the top. There is nowhere to go after the Premiership, no promotion.
I agree with you on the teams though. If United, Citeh, Chelski, Arsenal etc. were all in the Championship and Barnsley, Ipswich and Huddersfield in the Prem, we'd still rather be in the Prem.

Its just about knowing that our team has made it to the top table.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:21 am

Seeing that my wages resembles that of a mexican janitor I could barely afford to follow city in the prem anyway

Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:33 pm

Surely Chelskis physio makes the prem appealing too?? (I'm sure she's Chelskis physio anyway :-s)

Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:17 am

JBCCFC1927 wrote:are money and European football.

Do I find the prospect of playing Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, etc. throughout the season appealing? Not at all. I actually prefer playing smaller clubs and drawing those clubs in the cup because it adds to the occassion. If we play in the Prem and draw Liverpool, big deal, we play them twice per season anyway.

The only reason I want us to go up truth be told because European football is years/decades away is the money to help the club and to get more people interested. Otherwise, I'd be quite content with us staying in the Championship truth be told.

Interesting. But playing European cup? Wowzers.. very ambitious. Even Liverpool are struggling to qualify for that.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:45 am

JBCCFC1927 wrote:are money and European football.

Yes okay then. :roll: i believe you. :lol:

Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:59 am

Got to agree with some of that too.
I like midweek games, not many of them in the prem.
Like you say though, the occasion is better in the cups.
The only big clubs we haven't played are Mancs in recent times anyway.
As much as the club needs to get there, there is a lot to be said for the Championship.